Sign in to follow this  
PaulaV

Table numbering or naming

OK, I stole this from someone... and I'm sorry if it was any of you! But, I plan on going to the beach, writing a number in the sand with a stick, taking a picture of it, framing it... and ta da, table numbers.

Photo.doc

I was thinking about doing the themed tabled names, but them I realized that half of my family doesnt read english...then the thought of translating in greek.. but scratched that too. BUT I love the idea of the numbers in the sand! I think i'll "borrow" that idea too..

BUT all of you ladies with english reading families should do this b/c i cantsmile29.gif

I think we are going to do different tropical drink names (ie...Pina Colada, tequilla sunrise, Mai tai, etc). I want to find some sort of frame that is shaped like a drink or paper with trpoical drinks on it....i haven't really gotten that far shots.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay726 View Post
We are doing table cards with the fruits of the spirit: love, joy , peace ...etc. A knottie makes them. Click the image to open in full size.
We did something similar to that...we picked out what we thought were really important qualities of a relationship and found quotes about each one...

Joy
“Joy is prayer - Joy is strength - Joy is love - Joy is a
net of love by which you can catch souls.â€
- Mother Theresa

Kindness
“Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a
difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless
you, the giver.â€
- Barbara De Angelis

Love
“If you have it [love], you don't need to have anything
else, and if you don't have it, it doesn't matter
much what else you have.â€
- Sir James M. Barrie

Patience
"With love and patience, nothing is impossible.“
- Daisaku Ideda

Peace
“If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten
that we belong to each other.â€
- Mother Teresa

Faithfulness
“Faithfulness lives where love is stronger than instinct.â€
- Paul Carvel

All those ideas are so cute. I love the bride and grom through the ages. You could use the names of land marks or activities related to the locale- table margarita, table mariachi, table la playa etc. I love the idea of famous couples too...romeo and juliet, rhett and scarlett, ross and rachel, minne and mickey

I like the idea of various Spanish words... or the #s int he sand though that requires a lot of forethought - not sure if I have the time or desire but I DO have photo paper and a printer at home... I may go this route. Or on that note just pictures and then have that same picture printed on the seating card.

Anyway I'm defintiely dpoing table numbers because I think it actually saves people who didn't get there as early as getting stuck with weird uncle ___ and crazy aunt ____ (this happened to us at a friend's wedding and I was very upset. I had traveled like 24 hours to go to this wedding and then couldn't even sit with my friends that I never get to see!)

So now that I have seen the different setup for the reception tables at Dreams, I like the long table setup on the Club Terrace. Would you still use a table numbering or naming for a long table? I may have around 50 people so I think we need something...