Photo

Sandos Playacar Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1093 replies to this topic

#961 AlyssaMac7

AlyssaMac7
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

Just got back on Thursday from my wedding at Sandos, WOW! The resort is beautiful! Lupita was AWESOME and took care of everything once we arrived!

All of our guests (there was 23 of us) stayed in the Haciendas (the premiere haciendas near the meeting point. No complaints, except the pillows and beds were awful! I recommend to anyone to at least bring your own pillow. Otherwise each Hacienda had their own private pool which was a BLAST. A couple nights we all drank by the pool and had a great time!

Wedding was at 5:30 on the beach. We started pictures around 2-2:30. I hired Doranna to do hair and makeup, she does freelance work and lives in Playa, and she did a FANTASTIC job! Recommend her to anyone, she was perfect!! Definately recommend a wedding at a later time as it was way too hot around lunch time. After the wedding we took group photos and headed over to the italian restaurant as its more private. Food was good and cake was OK.

Overall, loved the resort. Entertainment is wonderful! The decor is beautiful, and the ocean is breathtaking! If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Here are a few pics from our special day..

Attached Files

#962 AlyssaMac7

AlyssaMac7
    • 17 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:15 AM

For some reason the attachments i provided in my message above are not opening, here are the pics :)

ruins.jpg

Jay&Alyssa.jpg

meet.jpg

#963 AlyssaMac7

AlyssaMac7
      • 17 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

A few pictures from our May 5 wedding at Sandos Playacar

beach.jpg

xoxo

meet.jpg

xoxoruins.jpg

xoxo

#964 Kray41

Kray41
        • 13 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 12:52 PM

I am so glad to hear.  I leave on Thursday and I am getting married the following week.  We will have 70 guests, it should be a good time!!

#965 Chrisanthi

Chrisanthi
          • 13 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

Hair and Makeup??????

Hi ladies,

I'm getting married June 29th at Sandos and I'm realizing I should have booked hair and makeup already! I've read on here that hair and makeup at the resort isn't great. Can anyone make a recommendation?!?! HELP! :)

#966 msts82675

msts82675
            • 56 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:17 PM

Has anyone done a reception at alux cave?

#967 JLMS

JLMS
              • 12 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:23 AM

We didn't have our reception there, but a bunch of us went and had dinner at Alux Cave one evening. We found the food to be quite overpriced, but overall it was a really cool experience, and we really enjoyed the tour of the cave.

There was a wedding reception happening while we were there and it looked pretty cool. My only concern would he the heat and humidity in the cave! It was VERY warm and very humid so I wouldn't imagine that you would want to dance in there...would likely be a very sweaty situation!

#968 msts82675

msts82675
                • 56 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

Thanks, that important information to know!

#969 Chrisanthi

Chrisanthi
                  • 13 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Kray41 

I am so glad to hear.  I leave on Thursday and I am getting married the following week.  We will have 70 guests, it should be a good time!!

I'm looking forward to your review.  Im getting married June 29th and will have 90 people so hopefully you can give me some insight :)

#970 Chrisanthi

Chrisanthi
                    • 13 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Kray41 

Hi! Can't wait to hear about your wedding. I'm wondering, with 70 guests did you do a seating chart for the dinner?? I have about 90.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users