Photo

Sandos Playacar Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1093 replies to this topic

#771 Ali12

Ali12
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:45 PM

Thanks, I will checkout the forum. The tiki torches will be soo nice! When are you getting married?
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort - April 18th 2012

#772 pocobride

pocobride
    • 18 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:46 AM

I didn't have the arch and the view speaks for itself.  Everything little extra costs $$ and we didn't feel it was necessary.  We added the Sand Ceremony which everyone loved.

Not sure if I posted this or not...what do you think about getting married WITHOUT the arch?  Do you think it would look ok?  I mean the water is really the backdrop for everything...thouhts??

#773 kristamarie

kristamarie
      • 104 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:58 AM

I'm getting married April 9th!  SOOOOO CLOSE I can taste it!  LOL

#774 leasexy24

leasexy24
        • 112 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:58 AM

oh that view is perfect isnt it. im nt planning on the arch its a waste of $$$ for me for 20 min ceromony. how was your day did you have a private reception or restaurant. x x

#775 pocobride

pocobride
          • 18 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:07 AM

We had our dinner at the Italian Buffet since we had 32 people.  It has a semi-private alcove area that was perfect. 

Originally Posted by leasexy24 

oh that view is perfect isnt it. im nt planning on the arch its a waste of $$$ for me for 20 min ceromony. how was your day did you have a private reception or restaurant. x x

#776 hwilley218

hwilley218
            • Site Supporter
            • 75 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:12 PM

So pretty, thanks for posting this- I was on the fence but after seeing this, I'm going to save the money and go with no arch. 

Originally Posted by pocobride 

I didn't have the arch and the view speaks for itself.  Everything little extra costs $$ and we didn't feel it was necessary.  We added the Sand Ceremony which everyone loved.

IMG_7146.JPG

Sandos Playacar May 7th 2011

#777 Ali12

Ali12
              • 216 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:42 PM

Ohhh I love it with no arch!! Thank you so much for posting it. 

Sandos Playacar Beach Resort - April 18th 2012

#778 kristamarie

kristamarie
                • 104 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:38 AM

Okay, so my FI is wear a Tommy Bahama white shirt and the groomsman and doing an orange Tommy shirts & shorts...do I do boutonieres?  I'm not sure b/c they aren't wearing suits...any suggestions?

#779 motbride

motbride
                  • 31 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:11 PM

My daughter opted for a boutoniere for the groom only. The groomsmen and fathers wore shorts and shirts and the groom wore long pants and shirt...no suits for anyone! yay! The single rose buotoniere was heavy and very floppy on a lightweight shirt. If you do opt to go with a boutoniere for any of the suitless men, keep that in mind and choose something light weight !

#780 sunshine31

sunshine31
                    • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:33 PM

nmoreau...  great idea about the Welcome Letter and meet & greet happy hour.  We were looking for ways to keep it casual but yet organized. 

We were also thinking about doing a group excursion with our group of about 50 people.  Which catamaran did you book?  Can you give me more info about it and a contact?  Also, if anyone has any other ideas for excursions with groups of this size and a few small childeren, it would be great to have another idea!

We are also looking at photographers right now.  Has anyone used the resort photographer?

Looking forward to our December wedding :)  Seems too far away!                                                                                                                                                                                         

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users