Photo

Sandos Playacar Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1093 replies to this topic

#541 dreamyeyez

dreamyeyez
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:42 PM

can anyone tell me if the italian buffet is really good for the dinner... we really wanted to have a private reception but it is too costly. are you really separated from other guests in the restaurant? we are hoping to have a dinner reception there followed by a private cocktail party on the beach..

#542 dreamyeyez

dreamyeyez
    • 64 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:43 PM

one more question! i know that semi-private dinners are included in the packages (usually held in the italian rest) ...does anyone know how much are additional guests in semi-private dinners??  thank you! :)

#543 dreamyeyez

dreamyeyez
      • 64 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:55 PM

Hey Sasha,

Does he have a website or contact info? 

Thank so much!

Donna

Originally Posted by sashk2006 

Hey everyone! I am glad to see there is a little more going on in the forum now. I'm getting married at Sandos Playacar on December 18, 2010. Ah! My fiance and I met there when we were 12 and 13 years old so figured it was the perfect place to start our life together. Others feel differently but oh well.

I know you guys were talking about photography, have you had Maria email you any pictures done by the resort photographer? I wasn't all that impressed but then again I am all about my pictures! But I did find Octavio Montes who has amazing work with a quarter of the price of all the others plus I think you get the disk and printouts. Resort photographer just seemed pretty expensive to me also for what you get.

Hope this helps ladies and I look forward to chattin' with yall!

#544 steph.remax

steph.remax
        • 13 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:50 PM

If you have less then 20 guests, you can have dinner to any a la carte restaurant. We had to choose the Italian buffet, to tell you the truth I wasn t crazy about it, the food was ok.. And for any additional guest, you will need to get them a day pass of 77$ US, email Maria, she can give you all the info

#545 sashk2006

sashk2006
          • 37 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:34 PM

dreamyeyez- yes his website is octaviomontes.com. I do not remember if his prices are on his site so email me him if you need to. I can also try to find them in my emails if you need me to.

What are the details on a private cocktail reception?

#546 EasterBride2011

EasterBride2011
            • 27 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by steph.remax 

Hello

Yes they did, They had a beautiful setting on a little hill at the resort. I can send you a picture. They had a wedding there a few days before mine

Could you email me the pic too please!  cmcmstc@mta.ca  Thx!

#547 EasterBride2011

EasterBride2011
              • 27 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 05:29 PM

Does anyone know if you can get a screen and lcd projector if you book a private reception on the beach or in the royal palapas?

If so, do you know the cost?

thanks!

#548 dreamyeyez

dreamyeyez
                • 64 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:00 AM

hey..

they sound pretty lenient on having what you like in a private event on the beach. They will probably tell you its okay as long as you find a vendor that can do that for you ..then you would pay the extra fees. Email Maria at weddings.playacar@sandoshotels.com :) 

Originally Posted by EasterBride2011 

Does anyone know if you can get a screen and lcd projector if you book a private reception on the beach or in the royal palapas?

If so, do you know the cost?

thanks!

#549 dreamyeyez

dreamyeyez
                  • 64 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:01 AM

thank you so much! i contacted him and he is already booked on the day we were planning :( ... what are the cons or things to look out for for the resort photographer?

Thank you!

dreamyeyez- yes his website is octaviomontes.com. I do not remember if his prices are on his site so email me him if you need to. I can also try to find them in my emails if you need me to.

#550 dreamyeyez

dreamyeyez
                    • 64 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:07 AM

thanks Sash..

private cocktail reception is $10 per person/per hour.. for a standard open bar not included international or premium drinks. I can email you the info if you like..not sure how to post here :) 

we are thinking of just having the semi-private dinner at the italian buffet followed by a dance open bar for 3 hours, cocktail party on the beach (renting a dancefloor, DJ, and lounge furniture). It saves us alot of money as opposed to the private dinner on the beach! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users