• Please log in to reply
1093 replies to this topic

#191 Bride-chill-a

Bride-chill-a
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:46 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Diana
    Our ceremony time was 5pm and it was perfect! For most of the ceremony the sun is to your back and not beating down on you (don't get me wrong... it is still hot but you are not roasting) and the lighting for pictures after is amazing!
    Really? That's great! I originally had my ceremony time for 5 but just changed it to 4 because I was worried there would not be enough daylight for my 'husband' and I to get pictures done afterwards and don't want them ALL in the dark. How did you guys work it?

#192 Diana

Diana
    • 167 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 05:02 AM

You should check and see what time the sun sets in Feb... I think it was set around 8 while we were there...

5pm ceremony (guests arrive at wedding hut at 430)
      following ceremony - pictures (resort photog - Teo - he was awesome!)
      630 dinner (we had it at the italian buffet b/c we had one child)

#193 keilag

keilag
      • 190 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:43 AM

Quote:
        You should check and see what time the sun sets in Feb... I think it was set around 8 while we were there...

5pm ceremony (guests arrive at wedding hut at 430)
        following ceremony - pictures (resort photog - Teo - he was awesome!)
        630 dinner (we had it at the italian buffet b/c we had one child)
        how many guests did you have? were you not able to do alacart because of the kiddo or was that your choice? Did they let you do toasts in the Itallian buffet?

#194 Diana

Diana
        • 167 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:26 PM

I am not sure if we were only given the buffet for choices because of the kid or because we were over 30 people (we had a total of 34 including us). Either way, a couple of weeks before we left, we were given a choice of either the Mexican buffet or the Italian buffet. We chose the Mexican but when we got there, it was closed for low occupancy and we had to do the Italian... It was better though because the Italian has air conditioning and the Mexican doesn't. Also, the room is L shaped. We had two long tables set up on the short part of the L and it was almost like having our own room!

I am sure you can do toasts in there but I will tell you that after the ceremony there is plenty of time to do toasts before your pictures... they have a champagne toast set up for you in the wedding hut right after the ceremony. (they have a microphone for you too!)

#195 keilag

keilag
          • 190 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:02 PM

Sweet! thanks for the info Diana!!! I live in Texas and right now its like 104 but I am not sweating but in Mexico I sweat my a** off . Any sugestions for make up?

#196 keilag

keilag
            • 190 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:11 PM

I think I want to do the cock tail hour in the wedding hut before dinner. Maybe it will be less if I just stick with their signature drink "the sandos" It is so yummy and refreshing and it is pink and orange like my wedding colors. I want to add an appitiser too. I will let yall knoe the pricing for that when I get it back.

I am trying to post some pics of Sandos that I took on my recent vacation...I may just have to upload them and post the link.

I did some research and there is a ton of sweat proof make ups at Stephora.

#197 Diana

Diana
              • 167 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:44 PM

I used bare minerals mineral veil over my usual makeup to keep the shine down... also brushed some on before the reception to freshen my face up... I also used a primer before my eyeshadow... also, I like shiny gloss but wanted to make sure it wasn't super sticky incase my hair blew in my face!

#198 keilag

keilag
                • 190 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:04 PM

Quote:
                  I used bare minerals mineral veil over my usual makeup to keep the shine down... also brushed some on before the reception to freshen my face up... I also used a primer before my eyeshadow... also, I like shiny gloss but wanted to make sure it wasn't super sticky incase my hair blew in my face!
                  Your make up looked beautiful!!!! Who made your dress? Did you do a wedding video at the resort?

#199 keilag

keilag
                  • 190 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:39 PM

Click the image to open in full size.

#200 keilag

keilag
                    • 190 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:49 PM

I posted a map of the resort because the internet can be a bit confusing. the blue rooms are the "royal eleite or Rivera rooms" they have flat screens and private bars and pools. they are the most quiet, newest, most lux but they are also the furthest away from the beach. they are great if you want privacy

the "haciendas" are in red. they have 8 rooms per building wich I thought might be nice to rent one for the family. they have their own pool per building but are the oldest and in the middle of the resort.

the basic room are the "beach"rooms in purple. least expensive, close to everything, veiws of ocean but older and loud!

I dont know wich ones to book for my family and friends

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users