Jump to content

Photo

Sandos Playacar Brides!


  • Please log in to reply
1093 replies to this topic

#121 Diana

Diana
  • Jr. Member
  • 167 posts

    Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:26 PM

    Sandos has a facebook page and they just put up some pictures of their wedding setup and some cakes!

    #122 Danielle77

    Danielle77
    • Jr. Member
    • 200 posts

      Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:45 PM

      Is anyone else getting married at Sandos the first week of January?

      #123 Bride-chill-a

      Bride-chill-a
      • Newbie
      • 121 posts

        Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:35 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Diana
        Great idea! I always search hoping for more info so this is perfect....

        Our date is June 26, 2009.
        Hey Diana,

        I am new to this forum and am looking at having our wedding (Feb 2010) at Sandos PLayacar (its between them and Riu Yucatan). I would love to hear how your wedding goes and how your experience was when you get back!

        What other resorts were you looking at and what made you decide on Sandos?

        Any feedback anyone has would be greatly appreciated!

        Jennifer

        #124 keilag

        keilag
        • Jr. Member
        • 190 posts

          Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:52 PM

          Hey Ladies,
          I am going to Sandos for vacation on July 6th. I am going to look at the photography, Flower books, everything. I will bring back and post as much info as I can

          #125 Bride-chill-a

          Bride-chill-a
          • Newbie
          • 121 posts

            Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:46 AM

            That would be excellent Keilag! Looking forward to it!

            #126 Bride-chill-a

            Bride-chill-a
            • Newbie
            • 121 posts

              Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:51 AM

              BTW: Has anyone been dealing with Paola at Sandos Playacar? She's been so good at keeping in touch, up until now. I emailed her over 2 weeks ago to confirm my date and haven't heard from her since. I've even sent 2 follow up emails in the past week, checking in. I thought that was unusual for her and am anxious to secure our date.

              Perhaps she is busy with weddings. *shrug*

              #127 jrprice24

              jrprice24
              • Newbie
              • 91 posts

                Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:52 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Danielle77
                Is anyone else getting married at Sandos the first week of January?
                We are! We are hoping for January 8th. What date are you planning on?
                I am now Mrs. Rohwedder!!

                #128 jrprice24

                jrprice24
                • Newbie
                • 91 posts

                  Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:01 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Bride-chill-a
                  Hey Diana,

                  I am new to this forum and am looking at having our wedding (Feb 2010) at Sandos PLayacar (its between them and Riu Yucatan). I would love to hear how your wedding goes and how your experience was when you get back!

                  What other resorts were you looking at and what made you decide on Sandos?

                  Any feedback anyone has would be greatly appreciated!

                  Jennifer
                  Jennifer-
                  We have decided on Sandos primarily b/c of their wedding packages. I wasn't too impressed with any of the other resort packages.

                  I did have a friend just come back from Riu Tucan and she said that they do not have a private beach, which in turn means that anyone and everyone can watch your wedding-including topless onlookers She said that she was frustrated b/c no one stopped them so they ended up being in the wedding pics as the bride was walking down the aisle!

                  I have also been in contact with 2 brides that have been married there. They are both people who have been very willing to answer any and all of my questions. It has been nice to know different brides who have had nothing bad to say about the resort.
                  Good luck with your searching!
                  Jessica
                  I am now Mrs. Rohwedder!!

                  #129 Bride-chill-a

                  Bride-chill-a
                  • Newbie
                  • 121 posts

                    Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:33 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jrprice24
                    Jennifer-
                    We have decided on Sandos primarily b/c of their wedding packages. I wasn't too impressed with any of the other resort packages.

                    I did have a friend just come back from Riu Tucan and she said that they do not have a private beach, which in turn means that anyone and everyone can watch your wedding-including topless onlookers She said that she was frustrated b/c no one stopped them so they ended up being in the wedding pics as the bride was walking down the aisle!

                    I have also been in contact with 2 brides that have been married there. They are both people who have been very willing to answer any and all of my questions. It has been nice to know different brides who have had nothing bad to say about the resort.
                    Good luck with your searching!
                    Jessica
                    Thanks Jessica for the info!

                    That is comforting to hear! I too was attracted by their packages. The Riu's would cost me about $1000 more in total. Yikes! I think I'm nervous about Sandos because I've heard all good things from my guests that they really like the Riu Yucatan and am hoping Sandos will live up to that expectation. But, as far as weddings go, Sandos caters much more to that so I think I just need to go with that to make sure we get the wedding we are hoping for! Plus, the setup looks so gorgeous!!! Can you imagine onlookers (let alone topless) in your pictures! LOL.

                    I can't wait to hear how your wedding goes! Please keep us posted when you get back.

                    Thanks again!

                    Jennifer

                    #130 Bride-chill-a

                    Bride-chill-a
                    • Newbie
                    • 121 posts

                      Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:46 AM

                      Hi Everyone,

                      I was just on trip advisor and I found this review (a bride who was just married there!) Here is the link, if you are interested (she's posted a few photo's). :-)

                      Awesome Hotel/Vacation - Review of Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa, Playa del Carmen, Mexico - TripAdvisor




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users