Photo

Sandos Playacar Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1093 replies to this topic

#1031 nanilu

nanilu
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:40 AM

Starfishie....how did you like the mariachi? Did they do all your music during the ceremony or you still have to give Lupita your music in an ipod? Thank you :)

#1032 heather82

heather82
    • 37 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:20 AM

Hi ladies! I am considering this resort for our wedding April 2014.

- Are external vendor fees charged as a flat rate (like $300?) or a day pass?

- The Sandos website has wedding package information, but no pricing - does anyone have a package with pricing they could forward to me?  heather.mcarthur@gmail.com

Thanks for any info you can provide :)

#1033 Starfishie

Starfishie
      • 12 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:57 PM

The Mariachi band was great! It was an expensive option, but really added to the atmosphere. They started playing right before the processional started (played "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" as I walked down the aisle) and stayed through the toasts back at the wedding hut/gazebo. We paid for 45 minutes, but when they got close to the end one of our friends tipped them and requested one more song. We did not use an iPod at all.

#1034 nanilu

nanilu
        • 6 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Thank you Starfishie, did you have sand ceremony? If you did....where the vases pretty? I am just trying to figure out if I should buy my own here and take it or just go with the ones they have.

#1035 JessiTaylor

JessiTaylor
          • 296 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by heather82 

Hi ladies! I am considering this resort for our wedding April 2014.

- Are external vendor fees charged as a flat rate (like $300?) or a day pass?

- The Sandos website has wedding package information, but no pricing - does anyone have a package with pricing they could forward to me?  heather.mcarthur@gmail.com

Thanks for any info you can provide :)

external vendors are charged a day pass per person (is around 77 dollars i thnk?), with the exception of photographers - i think thats 300.

sent the info as not sure whether anyone else did - its for 2012 prices

#1036 heather82

heather82
            • 37 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by JessiTaylor 

external vendors are charged a day pass per person (is around 77 dollars i thnk?), with the exception of photographers - i think thats 300.

sent the info as not sure whether anyone else did - its for 2012 prices

Thank you! I really appreciate it

#1037 Bride2B2014

Bride2B2014
              • 17 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

My fiancĀ© and I (female same sex wedding) are having a symbolic ceremony May 2014 at Sandos Playacar.  We want to have the dinner and reception on the beach and have a DJ on the beach as well. I hear we can be on the beach until 10:30PM.  Are there any pros and cons to having it on the beach vs. the restaurants other than having A/C and not having A/C?  We are also thinking of using Samuel Luna and Carlos Gallardo for video.  Has anyone used them?  Our budget is tight and their prices are great and their pictures are also very nice!  Is there anyone else that someone recommends?  Just looking for advise and recommendations.  I am thinking about using the parasol's for the bridesmaids and maid of honors instead of flowers.

Thanks in advance!!

#1038 rosyvaldez

rosyvaldez
                • 50 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

Hello Visit MY Facebook page Rosy Valdez. Productions On Air I'm singer and flute and sax musician We are your best option in music like solist duet band music DJ Mariachi etc Just contact me for more info

#1039 Ruefce13

Ruefce13
                  • 11 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

Hi Sandos brides

Has anyone done a sand Ceremony?  Can you find the colored sand down there or how did you get your sand ceremony vase and sand down to the wedding? Any suggestions

#1040 Starfishie

Starfishie
                    • 12 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

Sorry, we didn't do a sand ceremony. We kept it super simple with just the vows and paperwork signing. I know you can add a sand ceremony because Lupita offered it when we met with her, but I don't have any details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users