I have been MIA for a while. I got to the point where everything was pretty much done that could be, but now we are down to 9 days until we leave and 11 until the wedding. I can't believe it is coming so close.

I will say that Paola has been great these least couple of weeks. She has actually been returning emails in a day or so. She has answered every question without a problem. I asked a few extra questions so I will post those here soon.

It was nice to read over all of the posts again because it helped answer some of these last questions.

My alert message isn't working so if you have any specific questions that I don't respond to, PM me and hopefully I'll get back to you. Let me know there is anything you need me to ask about or look for when we go!

Does the hotel have wi-fi? There are a couple people thinking about bringing their computers if the resort has Wi-Fi.

Yes we do have Wi-fi in the main lobby and at the meeting point, It is 5 usd per hour.

The Iowa game is played on FOX. Does the resort have satellite connection? Or do you know if FOX TV is available. I have a lot of people concerned about watching this game.

We have ESPN International, We do have FOX channel; but, not all the games are broadcast all over the world. The programming might be different in Mexico.

Could you clarify for me- are dinners casual dress? Meaning shorts are ok but no jeans? I would like to make sure that everyone attending is aware of the regulations.

Dinners in the a la carte restaurant require dress code: long pants closed shoes. It could be jeans.

The buffet restaurants is casual, they can wear Bermudas or nice short pants.

Do you know if there is any cell phone reception at the resort or in the surrounding area?

We do have cell-phone reception, you can check first with your phone company if they can activate the international roaming. Some of the companies do not work in Mexico, please check with them if it will work.

Also, we are undecided on the restaurant. We have 19 which means that we could go to the a la carte but everyone has to have the same meal, which we do not think is fair to our guests. Right now we are leaning toward the Italian buffet.

Hi I'm a newbie here! I'm getting married @ Sandos on June 14, 2010 and can't wait!

Thanks Kiuana for posting all of the wonderful info! You probably just saved me a ton of frustration with Paola! I'm going to make a booklet of everything I want with pictures so that we will both be on the same page!

Also thanks to all the other brides who have provides so much good information! I read though most of the thread and it has been very helpful!

Also I wanted to mention something because I just rec'd a response from Paola about it. I was planning on having white calla lilies for my flowers, but apparently the cost of the brides bouquet for white calla lilies is $120! She did tell me though that for $50 (the normal price) I could get alcatraces, which is a mexican calla. From what I could see from a google search it is basically the same thing so I'm just going to go with them. If anyone has chosen these could you comment on them?

• 2 weeks later...

Alright ladies. We are back from Sandos and we had the most wonderful wedding. It was more than what I could have ever expected. Here is our website with our wedding pics: Message

I will try to give you a run down of all of the important information, sorry because it gets a bit lengthy. I tried to answer some of the unanswered questions and took specific pictures to help others plannings. First I would like to start by saying how much this website helped my planning and helped to answer so many of my questions. Thank you to everyone who helped inspire our wedding and those who helped answer questions.

- Have no fear Paola did a WONDERFUL job as our wedding coordinator. I, as many others, was frustrated at times because she didn't respond very quickly. She had all of my information on a program when we arrived. I did take a copy of my answers but didn't end up using them.

-We used the photographers from the resort, Davide and another guy who I never got his name but he was older than the other 3 guys and had gray hair. I highly recommend them. I was nervous about the photos but I am so pleased with how they turned out. Davide knew the angles that would allow for the best pictures and exactly where to go on the property to get the best photos. They were very pleasant and accommodating to our wishes for pictures.

***** We ended up with a photo package for a fraction of what other photographers would have cost. One option that isn't included in the photo package info is that you can buy the entire CD. We got our entire 267 photos for $650. By purchasing the 10 photos for $150 then we purchased the entire CD for $500- although this price is going up to $800, but still for all of the pictures, it would be worth it.

- Another catch that I don't understand is that if you have under 20 people attending then you can choose from the A La Carte restaurants BUT if you have more than 15 each person has the exact same menu(same appetizer, same main course, etc) We opted to eat at the Italian restaurant and it was perfect. It was nice because we were in a corner so we were segregated from the rest of the people so it still felt more personal. We choose the white cake with strawberries and it was SO good! The hard white outside was white chocolate and the strawberries were a nice touch. We had lots of compliments on how beautiful the cake was and how good it tasted.

-We used the Symbolic ceremony. We were able to get a free wedding because she ADDS the TOTAL number of rooms when deciding on the price. We had a total of 35 rooms which evened out to be sufficient to the requirement. I think for the Caribbean you would need some where around 140 rooms to get the free package.

-I ended up making my own boutonnieres(which were way easy) and then ordering our bouquets. The bouquets turned out beautifully! I am so pleased that I decided to go with ordering them. I told Paola what I was thinking, didn't have a picture or anything, and she was able to create them. At first I had opted not to have the flowers down the isle but I am very happy we ended up having them. For the entire row it cost $20 for all of those flowers. I was able to pick the flower and the color when we walked our tour because they are actually picked flowers from around the resort.

-Paola offered to upgrade us to nicer rooms but the catch is that the nicer rooms are far from the beach and a majority of the resorts happenings. We spent a majority of our time at the the main bar, La Bombla, and that actually kind of turned into our meeting spot because we always knew that someone would be there pretty much any time of the day shots.gif

-I cannot say enough great things about the resort, the staff, and most of all the people involved in our wedding. All of the food was very good, all of the staff was nice, and our wedding was a dream. Our family and friends were all impressed and had a great time. Please, please, please feel free to ask me any questions that you have and take a look at our website. Congrats to you all and happy planning. Now on to the AHR foshizzle.bmp

One other thing. We had scheduled our wedding for 4:30 but luckily Paola mentioned that it is almost dark by that time. We decided to switch our ceremony to 4 and we almost could have moved it up to 3:30. Just something to think about. Paola has pics to show of the different ceremony times and the lighting, but it will also depend on what time of year your wedding is. This was something that I hadn't even thought about.

Mrs. Rohwedder,

Congratulations! I'm so happy everything worked out so well! You've gotten me excited for my wedding! It's a relief to hear that everything went great!

What did you do/where did you go for your reception? We are trying to establish what to do afterwards. So far we are aiming for dinner then going to the wedding hut to do our toasts and first dances, then head off to the disco after that. Any input you have on that would be great!