Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicky11 View Post
Hey guys...with respect to the beach-it was really nice-some of it yes has eroded away due to the hurricanes and such-there are some sandbags up but what they really do is act as barricades to the huge waves...a few days we were there there were 8 foot waves and a really strong rip tide that would pull you out. The bags are good cause the kids kind of play behind them and cannot get sucked out that way. The beach is really nice-get there early in the morning if you want to get chairs on the beach. Sand is beautiful there- I heard they had to import it from China after all the storms they were hit with-not sure if that is true or not but it is almost white, soft, really fine sand.

With respect to the reception-there were 32 of us in total and we had ours at the international buffet. I have heard that when you have a large group they will do a private reception for you as larger groups are hard to accomodate-I heard you have to have over 40 people and then it is free but if you want a private reception for less than that number you then have to pay for it. Maybe email Lupita and ask her as I am not too sure about that. With 70 people going you should have at least 18 rooms so you should be able to get quite a discount off your wedding if not get it for free. We went with the most basic legal package and then added flowers. I had 4 flower girls, 3 bridesmaids, 3 groomsmen, 1 ring bearer and a corsage for my mom and his as well as his boutinneir (sp?) and my boquet and the total cost for all our flowers was $335 USD.
We got our wedding for the $500 USD as we saved the $350 for having over 7 rooms or whatever it is you needed. Our costs were as follows:

$500 wedding (legal package)
$335 flowers for whole party
$40 translator

Then we had to pay $70 judge's transportation
$220 blood tests
$80 for my hair
For a total of $1245.00 USD. We did not get a photographer or hire a band. There is live entertainment every night outdoors and we all just grabbed tables there, watched the bands and had our drinks and enjoyed the weather. Family had really good cameras so we saved costs there. No matter which package you get they do not include flowers for anyone other than the bride and groom so if you have a wedding party at all you may want to consider the costs for flowers for everyone. There is a golf cart that will go right to the bride's room to pick her up and the wedding party and they take you right to the wedding hut. The guys just have to walk it which is no big deal. They got our music right. We had one song for the guys entrance, one for all the girls, one for the signing of the documents and one for when we exited and it worked perfectly. Then you go up to the wedding hut which is right behind where the ceremony is (right there) and they have champaigne for the adults and apple juice for the kids. You can do your toasts or whatever there, then go off for your pics and whatever then go to your dinner location. Hope this info helps. If you have any more questions feel free to send them to me on facebook as I dont go on this site very often. Thanks and good luck!

Thank you for your information. Its hard to get anything of detail from the resort. I realize they have so many inquiries, however when you are trying to budget and all you do is find out the cost when you get down there...well that might set some people back.
Congrats!
Jennifer

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmoreau View Post
I just wanted to tell everyone that I am headed to Sandos Playacar on Sept 12. I am planning to meet with the wedding coordinator one day we are there.

If you have any specific questions that you haven't gotten answered, let me know and I can see what I can do.

I will try to take some photos, as there are weddings 2 of the days we are there.

Hope everyone's planning is going good!

Natalie

Are you back yet? How was the visit? Did you have a great time? All tanned and relaxed while we all slave away at work....lolsmile78.gif

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to let you know if anyone wants the 2010 fees for Sandos please let me know and I can email it to you. Included in the email are some pictures for the wedding setup. It looks as most of the info is the same as what has been posted on this thread in the past,except for some pricing changes and a couple of other things.

take care....

Just got back on Saturday. I wouldn't say it was the most relaxing trip but it was worth it and I am glad we were able to go. We visited a several hotels to make sure Sandos was the right fit for us and our guests.

The one thing I can say is that Sandos has the most customizable wedding package for the least amount of 'extra' fees and such. This is one of the main reasons why we decided to choose this resort....

Paola was very helpful while we were there and she answered all our questions. She gave me some documents on the menus for sit down dinners etc. I will try to get them scanned in and posted if people need them.

I think Paola can accomidate most things for you, we just have to ask it of her. I know one thing I brought up with her is that they only have a red aisle runner and I wanted a sand colored one, she indicated people have asked for that so she was going to look into pricing that. So if that is something anyone else wants just ask and maybe the resort will purchase it for our use.

I think the beach is the best by far in the area. There is nothing to the south of this resort so you can walk down the beach.

Paola also is the group coordinator so she recommended I send her a list of the guests and she can help coordinate everyone to be near each other in the resort.

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I will let you know what she said.

I think we are all in good hands....

The Italian Buffet is not on the sheet that I received from the wedding coordinator. The Buffet pricing I received is if you did a private event and chose a buffet for your guests versus a sit down meal.

The Italian Buffet is really good. It is the only air conditioned buffet area on the resort. The Riviera Buffet is in the Riviera section but i think it specializes in seafood and that was closed while we were there. The Italian Buffet is where we will have our reception, they have a side room that is open to the public area but it will hold a good size group as well. There are 2 sets of pillars that break that room off from the rest. Then you just go to the buffet with all the people attending the buffet that night (no reservations for this buffet). They had pizza, pasta made to order, salad, plated meals like chicken and pork with vegetables, desert was ice cream and the normal assortment of cakes, etc. We wished it had been open more the week we were there but it was great and if you don't want a completely private reception dinner, then this is the best option the resort has.

I still need to get them scanned in and put on here or email, sorry I work is crazy, but I promise I will get to it ASAP. I did want to answer your question on the Italian Buffet quickly though.