Quote:
Originally Posted by keilag View Post
I posted a map of the resort because the internet can be a bit confusing. the blue rooms are the "royal eleite or Rivera rooms" they have flat screens and private bars and pools. they are the most quiet, newest, most lux but they are also the furthest away from the beach. they are great if you want privacy

the "haciendas" are in red. they have 8 rooms per building wich I thought might be nice to rent one for the family. they have their own pool per building but are the oldest and in the middle of the resort.

the basic room are the "beach"rooms in purple. least expensive, close to everything, veiws of ocean but older and loud!

I dont know wich ones to book for my family and friends
Thanks for posting that! That's a tough one...which one to book. The one negative thing I heard about Sandos Playacar on trip advisor is that people book one thing and are obviously expecting that, and are disappointed when they get another (not what they wanted). That's tempting me to just leave it up to, we get what we get. On the other hand, it's nice to know and get what you want. Shrug.

Sorry, that wasnt helpful at all!

Thanks for posting that review sspiris! I've been dealing with Paola and I can see what this bride is saying about her, and I've learned that I have to be really specific with Paola as she can 'glaze' over some tough questions, and I will often paraphrase her answer just to be sure. I'm hoping it was also because she was overwhelmed with having the second wedding there that day. I will be emailing her directly with my question about the day pass, just to be sure and I will let you know what she says.

Jennifer

I just wanted to clarify the room/area information... yes, the blue section is the Riviera Section but it is not considered the Royal Elite.

Royal Elite Rooms are the timeshare/vacation club rooms... they are located throughout the resort in each section...

Another thing they have is the Select Club... these rooms are also located throughout each section but they are simply rooms with upgraded perks... champage/wine/fruit welcome basket, robe & slippers, coffee maker in the room, iron in the room, admission to Select section of the beach and the Select Club lounges located in the lobby - with free internet.

We stayed in the Beach section and it was great... our beachfront room overlooked the wedding hut!

Suggestions for your guest would depend on what kind of vacation they are looking for... fun/interactive/busy - beach section... few kids/quite/relaxing - riviera section

i posted some of my questions and her answers for you guys

Dear Miss Keila

Greetings form Sandos Playacar... first at all congratulations! It will be my great pleasure to assist you with this very special occasion. Rest assured that we will make this moment one to remember! Enclosed please find the wedding packages that we will apply until June 2010 and let me know your choice and if you would like to move to the next step. Our ceremonies take place on the beach. Remember that if you will have a legal wedding you have to arrive at least 3 working days prior the ceremony.

We can also organize you a private dinner or party afterwards (extra charge applies).

Please find all my answers in blue

Since I am a Royal Elite member I already get a lot of the things in the "symbolic Caribbean package" such as discounts at spa, robes, fruit baskets...Would it be less expensive for me to just get the basic package and upgrade from there?

You can get the Sandos Symbolic or Legal package and from there you can add the extras such as:

For private events these are the new prices for this 2009, i'll work with these prices at least until July 2010.

Private events are not included in your "All Inclusive" package, so they have additional charges because you will have a reserved area just for your whole group of guests. Available time is from 6.30 pm to 10:30pm. Place: beach or pool area far away from the beach.

Site fees= 500USD on the beach (minimum number 40 people)

Site fees by the pool= 400USD (minimum number 40 people)

Site fee royal elite palapa= 600USD (minimum number 40 people)

menu charge per person = since 39USD per person

open bar = since 18 per person

Music.. DJ= 50USD per hour

15% service and 10% taxes (of the total amount of the event)

Note: People that are not guests of the resort will need to pay a day pass $77 usd.

SPECIAL COLOR OF RIBBONS EACH ONE $5 USD

SPECIAL COLOR OF TABLE CLOTHES PER TABLE $10 USD

The options for music are these, prices are per 45min:

Mariachi: 420USD

Trio 320USD

Saxophonist 250USD

Steel drum players 450USD

Band of alive music international & salsa 450 USD

DJ 50USD

Our Disco is available for private events from 7pm to 11pm, since it opens its doors for the rest of our guests.

Additional cost is 280USD per hour plus 15% per service. It includes: drinks, microphone, DJ and screen for slide show.

**Children are allowed just in private events. (younger than 18 years old)

This is the updated pricing list for flowers:

Boutonnières, since 15 USD each

Children boutonnière since 10USD

Bridal bouquet: since 50 USD

Bouquet for Bride's maid since 35 USD each

Corsage since 20 USD each

Flowers arrangements for the table since 45 USD

Archway since 220USD

Gazebo with tul = since 220USD **no flowers included.

Flowers for cake since 35USD

Bags of petals 15USD (big)

** Prices can change without notice**

Photography prices: 2009

10 photos = 150USD (no CD, no photo album)

20 photos = 270USD (no CD, no photo album)

** 30 photos = 470 USD

**60 pictures = 770 USD

** 90 pictures = 1100 USD

** 120 pictures = 1300 USD

**Note: prices include print pictures & pictures in a CD ROM & a Caribbean photo album.

IMPORTANT: PICTURES IN THE CD ARE THE SAME PRINTED PICTURES, NUMBER OF THESE PHOTOS DEPENDS ON THE PACKAGE THAT YOU CHOOSE.

Video= 30 min edited in DVD price is 650 USD

2. I am wanting to get married around 5:00 on the beach and then do a cocktail hour in the wedding hut while we take pictures before dinner. I don't need "open bar" I just want to have a champagne toast and the signature "Sandos" drink (it is orange and pink and those are my wedding colors) I would also like an appetizer served.

So how much per adult would it be to have an appetizer and Sandos' served in the wedding hut after the ceremony?

I would need seating in the wedding hut for about 10 (we have some elderly grandparents that cant stand for more than a few minutes)

Please find attached the menus for the appetizer...(please see Sales Canapes ING)

And of course I can set a couple of extra chairs at the wedding hut while they wait

3. Can you send me a list of dates that are still available in June and July of next year? In June I have a wedding booked on the 16th & 26th. July still free for now, they are starting to book.

4. Can you get married on weekdays?

We can do it from Monday to Saturday (Sunday is possible as long as it is a symbolic wedding)

5. what needs to happen for me to reserve a date? When you have a wedding date please fill the form attached (Formato Wedding P), sign it ans scan it for me with your hotel booking number in order to confirm your wedding date and work in details. I do not need a deposit, you pay for your wedding package here in the hotel the following day of our appointment.

6. I would like to see an example of the resort photographers work on photos and the wedding video.

Enclosed please find some examples.

7. do you only have a red carpet for the isle or do you have more colors?

We have a long and a short red carpet. If you want to have a satin white I can give your the price and make it for you.

8. For the ceremony set up I want tons of pink and orange petals up the isle and then the bamboo thing at the front will we will be standing drapped with a white material and a flower medallion of pink and orange flowers in both corners. How much of that is extra if I go with the basic package and how much?

I attached a pic to show you what I would like

During this time of the year we can try to put the rose petals; but, with the breeze of the see it is almost impossible they stay on the aisle, sometimes they have a flower girl that has a basket and do some. The gazebo with tulle is $220 usd and the two flower medallions will be extra $90 usd

9. is there a microphone in the wedding hut?Yes we do have one for toasts

10. can I have my own music playing in the wedding hut?

Of course you can bring a CD or IPOD to play your special music

after the ceremony I want to serve appitzers and a signature drink in the wedding hut while we are taking pictures. I attached the appitzer menu for yall

REGULAR - USD 8 pp

Ham Mousse

Eggs and Tomatoes

Prosciutto

Goat Cheese

Tuna

Ham and Cheese

HOT - USD 12 ppMini Pizzas

Cheese Fingers

Chicken wings

Bacon Chicken Breast

Mini Beef Skewers

Dressings

DE LUXE - USD 10 pp

Smoked Salmon

Prosciutto

Swiss Cheese

Shrimps

Black Caviar

COLOR="Magenta"]MEXICAN - USD 12 pp[/color

Three Cheese Mousse

Shrimp Tostada

Sausage Tostada

Tuna Potatoes Pie

Chicken Taquito

Cheese Empanada

Guacamole

HOT LUXE - USD 15 pp

Fried Cheese Fingers

Shrimps Tempura

Mini Beef Skewers

Salmon

Garlic Calamari Rings

Seafood Vol au Vent

**Prices Include Welcome Cocktail & sparkling wine

Not Included 15% per service and 10% taxes.

Sales Canapes ING.doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana View Post
I just wanted to clarify the room/area information... yes, the blue section is the Riviera Section but it is not considered the Royal Elite.

Royal Elite Rooms are the timeshare/vacation club rooms... they are located throughout the resort in each section...

Another thing they have is the Select Club... these rooms are also located throughout each section but they are simply rooms with upgraded perks... champage/wine/fruit welcome basket, robe & slippers, coffee maker in the room, iron in the room, admission to Select section of the beach and the Select Club lounges located in the lobby - with free internet.

We stayed in the Beach section and it was great... our beachfront room overlooked the wedding hut!

Suggestions for your guest would depend on what kind of vacation they are looking for... fun/interactive/busy - beach section... few kids/quite/relaxing - riviera section

THANKS FOR THE CLARIFICATION GIRL
elefant.gif