I understand your frustration totally! I don't understand why we would have to pay an additional amount for drinks either, especially since they are included. I mean, that's just to serve them I'm assuming?

But we decided on this resort because it was the most budget friendly overall for our guests. Every other place around there is so expensive. We wanted to keep the cost down for everyone. I heard they have the best beach on the strip. So as long as the food is decent and the rooms ok, we are fine w/ that. The ceremony setup on the beach is beautiful. Just so worth it for the price really.

There is no extra price to eat at the restaurants there. Your meal and drinks are included in the package. It's just not your group only in the restaurant. Like I said, we are on a tight budget so it's ok. I noticed that a lot of other resorts have the same thing where you have to pay extra to be set up on the beach or have your dinner in a restaurant w/ other people.

Just remember that a LOT of resorts charge extra if your guests that attend the wedding are not staying at that resort. Which I guess I can understand because they will be eating their food/drinks. But it's a little on the high side. Sandos charges $75 each person that doesn't stay there.

I wonder how they would know if you are not staying there? I think you get bracelets or something to wear while you are there? but I'm just taking a guess at that.

Yes, you do get bracelets when you are a guest. As far as paying extra for a private event... I don't think that is "included" anywhere. I have also found that other resorts they charge you if you have more than 20 guests for the wedding! Sandos seems to be the most reasonable if you are willing to share the restaurant with other people.

When I first started looking into destination weddings I was really surprised as well that you would have to pay for food and drink at an all-inclusive. I always see "free wedding" advertised, and like I said, it's all-inclusive! But honestly what I have found is that if you want to have any kind of a private event, or even semi-private particularly if your group is large, you have to pay anywhere you go. Actually Sandos' wedding pricing seems quite reasonable to me. What you are paying for is not so much the actual food and drink, but the private service that you are getting for your event, and the setup, planning, etc. If you want your wedding group to just have dinner in the buffet and get drinks from the bar like any other night then it will be free as part of your all-inclusive, but as soon as you start wanting anything special set up for your group that takes away staff from other guests and that other guests are not able to enjoy, you are going to have to pay extra.

What I mean by reasonable is the price of the room. Funjet offers a great hotel deal on their site. However, we found that if you purchase those entertainment books The 2009 Entertainment® Book - Great Savings on Dining, Shopping, Travel, Attractions, Movie Tickets & More! you get a 10% off your hotel stay via american airlines vacations! so that saved our guest even more money.

for 2 people to stay from wed-sun there in a run of house room w/ that discount above it's only $717!! that includes the roundtrip ground transportation too! That comes out to $89 a day per person. I thought it was a great deal considering all the other resorts are just so $$$. Our friends and family aren't rolling in dough so to speak, so we wanted to find a resort that was definitely affordable.

Another great thing too w/ that entertainment book is it gives you a discount on American Airlines. Now..when everyone booked, they were having a huuuge mexico/caribben sale(I believe that was the middle of jan to beginning of Feb). From Chicago to Cancun w/ the discount it came out to $282!! no that's cheap! So everyone that waited to book(which was pretty much everyone) it paid off.

So, we did a lot of bargain hunting for our guests and saved them a lot of money!

If you are inviting guests w/ kids, this resort sounds like the place to be. very kid friendly..which we weren't ecstatic about, but whatever. The beach is suppose to be amazing and the one resort that has the most Palapa's on the beach so that is also very important.

I CAN'T WAIT!!

wow! your pics are so cute! I love them! your dress is beautiful! I think I saw something like that on Say Yes To the Dress.

You guys looked like you had an amazing time. I loved viewing your pics, they actually made me laugh out loud! very entertaining.

Did you request for those flowers to be set up along the aisle? I thought that looked really cool!

The cocktails that you guys were drinking, those are included correct w/ the package? I like how they set that up too.

For the dinner, that is how the tables are set w/out adding decorations or anything you brought in? Those menus were included?? If so, I can see why you don't need anything.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you have for the dinner and did you enjoy it?

I keep debating if I should add some appetizers for the time in-between the ceremony/dinner. We have our photographer for 3 hours, so I'm assuming we will have her for an hour between the ceremony/dinner. How much time lapsed from the end of the ceremony to the dinner for you?

Sbertling, your pics turned out amazing!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

I know there are a few of you getting married in 2010 with me... does anyone know when the rates for 2010 will be in?? I was told I cannot book my date until we book our room, but the rates still aren't in for next year!