Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride-chill-a View Post
We only stayed the 7 days but if we had stayed for our honeymoon I might have switched, just for the sake of making the most of our time there and checking out different places. What about the Royal, which is right downtown on 5th Ave? It looks beautiful and it's adults only, which would be great for a honeymoon and the location is excellent!
The Royal?? Never heard of it, the only one close to that I know of is Eldorado Royale.... Will have to see what I can find on it.

I do have a question for you though....I have been reading trip advisor again and the most recent posts on there are not great...make that alot of the pages arent great. Talking about food poisoning and bad rooms and too far to walk and that the food wasnt that great.....too many to list.....did you notice or have any of these issues?? Knowing what you experienced now with your wedding, would you do it all over again at the same hotel or would you do things differenthuh.gif

I am just starting to play around with the idea of moving my wedding bc of the trip advisor notes. I know that the good usually out weighs the bad and some times there is no pleasing some people...but there are a lot of not so good reveiws that have recently been posted....smile27.gif
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennybell1 View Post
The Royal?? Never heard of it, the only one close to that I know of is Eldorado Royale.... Will have to see what I can find on it.

I do have a question for you though....I have been reading trip advisor again and the most recent posts on there are not great...make that alot of the pages arent great. Talking about food poisoning and bad rooms and too far to walk and that the food wasnt that great.....too many to list.....did you notice or have any of these issues?? Knowing what you experienced now with your wedding, would you do it all over again at the same hotel or would you do things differenthuh.gif

I am just starting to play around with the idea of moving my wedding bc of the trip advisor notes. I know that the good usually out weighs the bad and some times there is no pleasing some people...but there are a lot of not so good reveiws that have recently been posted....smile27.gif
Thanks!

Hmmm...good questions. Here is my personal and honest opinion on my experience, on the things you mentioned above.

Food: I really enjoyed the food at the buffets. We tried 3 of the a la cartes: Asian - hated it, Steak house - pretty good (it's kind of like the Keg actually), Brazilian - very good. But I still seemed to enjoy the Buffett food more, funny enough (especially the Italian). As for getting sick...that's a tough one as far as pin pointing what makes a person sick. My stomach was all wrong when I got home for about a week after, but it always is when I get back from Mexico. You could likely get sick eating off the resort but even more likely is that people aren't eating the foods they are used to, not on a regular routine like at home and are probably eating alot less veggies and fruit than usual. Add in a whole lot of booze...and of course you will be sick! I honestly don't know how people know they got food poisoning unless they got their stool tested by a doctor.

Rooms: I have to admit, I wasn't crazy about the rooms on the Beach side. They are noisy and a bit older. The Riviera side is much, much nicer. More room, quieter area and more modern. If you still decide to go here, I would recommend staying on that side (the pool on that side is awesome - the only one on the resort with a swim up bar and it's bigger and quieter too). Having said that, if you like the beach (and you stay on the Riviera side)...then you will walk. If you want to be where all the action is...then you will walk. The Beach side is good because it's right where all the action is, but it's also noisy because of that. It's about a 5-10 min walk to the other side. It's not too bad, but sucky if you are on the other side and forget something in your room, or something like that. The carts come around but only seat 5 people so there is usually a line up. You can walk to your room faster than if you were to wait and then get a ride. In my experience in Mexico, we always end up walking far because most of those resorts are huge.

It's up to you. I would check out the other resorts and see how the reviews were. There are definetly nicer hotels out there and yes, I did look around when I got home, wondering if I should have had it somewhere else. I looked at a few other threads and although the hotels seemed nicer, they didn't have the criteria I was looking for (i.e. not many of the resorts to a beach ceremony - strangely enough, or maybe they don't allow kids, or they weren't in as good of a location).

So, I would probably do it there again because of the size -it had something for everyone and everyone was really happy and really liked it. We actually didn't have one complaint from any of our guests (we had 33 people). The other reason I would do it there is because the ceremony set up was beautiful and they had a decent priced package and specialize in weddings - which again, some of those other resorts didn't. Plus, the price range was decent for our guests. And lastly, we loved the location and that it was on the Playacar strip because it was close to town.

If I were to go back to Mexico again, we would not stay there again because it would be a different kind of trip (just the two of us). We would probably go somewhere that's more of a boutique hotel and adults only.

I hope that helps! You have to take those trip advisor reviews with a grain of salt. The people who had bad experiences are the ones that like to share them the most.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Jennifer

Hello!! Just got married here last thursday and loved it!!! There were 22 of us who went down and everyone was more than happy with the resort. The food is great at all of the restaurants, and no one got sick, with the exception of my two year old nephew (which could have been from too much sun and just a more sensitive stomach being so young)

I really don't know how anyone could complain about the resort, the beach is absolutely beautiful!!

The rooms in the beach section are a little old, but do the trick and really you're not in there very much.

The wedding planner Maria is sooo sweet and will do anything to make you happy, she puts in crazy hours and works so hard.

My only dissapointment with the wedding is that there were three weddings the same day as ours, and all three of us had our reception in the Italian Buffet at the same time....which was more than a little ackward!!! Just confirm with Maria that there are no other receptions at the same time as yours.

The ceremony was so nice though and they really go out of their way for you.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask, or if you want to see any pics just let me know.

If I could do it all over again at Sandos I would!!! I loved it there :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride-chill-a View Post
Hmmm...good questions. Here is my personal and honest opinion on my experience, on the things you mentioned above.

Food: I really enjoyed the food at the buffets. We tried 3 of the a la cartes: Asian - hated it, Steak house - pretty good (it's kind of like the Keg actually), Brazilian - very good. But I still seemed to enjoy the Buffett food more, funny enough (especially the Italian). As for getting sick...that's a tough one as far as pin pointing what makes a person sick. My stomach was all wrong when I got home for about a week after, but it always is when I get back from Mexico. You could likely get sick eating off the resort but even more likely is that people aren't eating the foods they are used to, not on a regular routine like at home and are probably eating alot less veggies and fruit than usual. Add in a whole lot of booze...and of course you will be sick! I honestly don't know how people know they got food poisoning unless they got their stool tested by a doctor.

Rooms: I have to admit, I wasn't crazy about the rooms on the Beach side. They are noisy and a bit older. The Riviera side is much, much nicer. More room, quieter area and more modern. If you still decide to go here, I would recommend staying on that side (the pool on that side is awesome - the only one on the resort with a swim up bar and it's bigger and quieter too). Having said that, if you like the beach (and you stay on the Riviera side)...then you will walk. If you want to be where all the action is...then you will walk. The Beach side is good because it's right where all the action is, but it's also noisy because of that. It's about a 5-10 min walk to the other side. It's not too bad, but sucky if you are on the other side and forget something in your room, or something like that. The carts come around but only seat 5 people so there is usually a line up. You can walk to your room faster than if you were to wait and then get a ride. In my experience in Mexico, we always end up walking far because most of those resorts are huge.

It's up to you. I would check out the other resorts and see how the reviews were. There are definetly nicer hotels out there and yes, I did look around when I got home, wondering if I should have had it somewhere else. I looked at a few other threads and although the hotels seemed nicer, they didn't have the criteria I was looking for (i.e. not many of the resorts to a beach ceremony - strangely enough, or maybe they don't allow kids, or they weren't in as good of a location).

So, I would probably do it there again because of the size -it had something for everyone and everyone was really happy and really liked it. We actually didn't have one complaint from any of our guests (we had 33 people). The other reason I would do it there is because the ceremony set up was beautiful and they had a decent priced package and specialize in weddings - which again, some of those other resorts didn't. Plus, the price range was decent for our guests. And lastly, we loved the location and that it was on the Playacar strip because it was close to town.

If I were to go back to Mexico again, we would not stay there again because it would be a different kind of trip (just the two of us). We would probably go somewhere that's more of a boutique hotel and adults only.

I hope that helps! You have to take those trip advisor reviews with a grain of salt. The people who had bad experiences are the ones that like to share them the most.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Jennifer
THanks Jennifer for posting and answering my questions. I def feel more at ease with the decision of Sandos. I always take trip advisor with a grain of salt for sure, bc like I said, sometimes there is no pleasing some people. It just kinda scared me a bit with the food poisoning issue coming up alot in the last little bit. But I know now we arent moving our venue.
NOw its on to deciding where to honeymoon.

Thanks so much for your help!!!!!smile159.gif

Well one week and counting until I leave for our wedding at Sandos.

If there is any question you want me to answer I can try to find out the information and make a post for you.

We will be there from May 5 to the 12 with our wedding on May 9th.

Just let me know and I will see what I can find out for you.

It has been really humid down there, I am hoping that it lets up a little!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennybell1 View Post
THanks Jennifer for posting and answering my questions. I def feel more at ease with the decision of Sandos. I always take trip advisor with a grain of salt for sure, bc like I said, sometimes there is no pleasing some people. It just kinda scared me a bit with the food poisoning issue coming up alot in the last little bit. But I know now we arent moving our venue.
NOw its on to deciding where to honeymoon.

Thanks so much for your help!!!!!smile159.gif
You're welcome! Glad I could help!

Can anyone recommend a photo sharing website? We got our pictures back from Citlalli and I'd like to post them on a site so that it would be easy to share them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystal View Post
Hello!! Just got married here last thursday and loved it!!! There were 22 of us who went down and everyone was more than happy with the resort. The food is great at all of the restaurants, and no one got sick, with the exception of my two year old nephew (which could have been from too much sun and just a more sensitive stomach being so young)
I really don't know how anyone could complain about the resort, the beach is absolutely beautiful!!
The rooms in the beach section are a little old, but do the trick and really you're not in there very much.
The wedding planner Maria is sooo sweet and will do anything to make you happy, she puts in crazy hours and works so hard.
My only dissapointment with the wedding is that there were three weddings the same day as ours, and all three of us had our reception in the Italian Buffet at the same time....which was more than a little ackward!!! Just confirm with Maria that there are no other receptions at the same time as yours.
The ceremony was so nice though and they really go out of their way for you.
If anyone has any questions feel free to ask, or if you want to see any pics just let me know.
If I could do it all over again at Sandos I would!!! I loved it there :-)
I just got married this this weekend and would agree and disagree with you. maria was good and is hard working but the food there is not good. I would say you get what you pay for. Sandos is a lower cost resort which means you are paying for what you get. The french restaurant was great though!!! While I would not return to this resort again, the wedding was beautiful as is the resort. they keep it very clean and the beach is gorgeous. We enjoyed our wedding(even with a few minor issues) and know that everyone who gets married there will love their wedding and the pictures you will get. Food, as you can see, some like it some don't. Go with the expectation that the food isn't good and you can't be disappointed. With have many pictures(over a 1000) and if you would like to see some send me an e-mail and I will send you some of whatevr you would like. kbloco1@sbcglobal.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbloco1 View Post
I just got married this this weekend and would agree and disagree with you. maria was good and is hard working but the food there is not good. I would say you get what you pay for. Sandos is a lower cost resort which means you are paying for what you get. The french restaurant was great though!!! While I would not return to this resort again, the wedding was beautiful as is the resort. they keep it very clean and the beach is gorgeous. We enjoyed our wedding(even with a few minor issues) and know that everyone who gets married there will love their wedding and the pictures you will get. Food, as you can see, some like it some don't. Go with the expectation that the food isn't good and you can't be disappointed. With have many pictures(over a 1000) and if you would like to see some send me an e-mail and I will send you some of whatevr you would like. kbloco1@sbcglobal.net
I just sent you an email - bc I would love to see your pics. Plus your input on a few things.
Congrats btw!
I bet you had a beautiful wedding!smile03.gif