Photo

dress is in, and i hate it :-(

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 prairiegirl

prairiegirl
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:11 PM

I searched and search.. we have a short engagement.. so I was getting a little rushed... I have to order off the rack since we are getting married in Mexico in Feb..

I looked.. I got tired... I searched the internet and thought i found the perfect dress...

it came in last week.. and I hate it, it doesn't fit properly, but more improtant the style is just not flattering on me.. Ahh.. now I have to try and sell it before I can afford another one.. $560 in and I hope to get $400 out..

It's a mon cheri 18107 denstination dress.... kinda funny.. althought I was looking for the perfect dress... now I would just be happy with something that looks decent..

#2 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:13 PM

oh no i'm sorry to hear it do you have pictures of it? can it be altered to be more flattering?

#3 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
    • 512 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:14 PM

OMG that's the dress I was DYING to try on when I was looking!!! I've already got my dress and I'm absolutely in love with it ... but I thought THAT dress was the one for me!!

I'm sure you can find someone who wants to buy it. I wouldn't be worried about that at all. And don't worry, you'll find THE ONE...

#4 BachataBride

BachataBride
      • Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:18 PM

Post pics on here under the For Sale category & see if anyone is interested!!
        Or maybe bring it to a seamstress & see what they can do with it - maybe one simple alteration could make all the difference!!

#5 prairiegirl

prairiegirl
        • 133 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:19 PM

I KNOW!! Miranda.. It's a beautiful dress.. but it just doesn't look how I hoped..

I've already written off the dress and just want to get rid of it.. it upsets me everytime I see it.. but the up side... a size 8 was too big.. haha

#6 prairiegirl

prairiegirl
          • 133 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:28 PM

here is the picture I fell in love with.. I guess it's true, you never know until you try it on...

#7 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
            • 5,649 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:32 PM

Wow!! That is a gorgeous dress!! I'm sorry to hear it doesn't fit you the way you were hoping it would.

When I read your post just now, I felt like I was reading my own haha. I got engaged on Aug 19/08 and I'm having my wedding on Feb 19/09, which is a very short engagement. Like you, I had no other choice but to buy off the rack, but I did luck out. I don't know what your body type is but generally it seems like most girls can't go wrong with an a-line style dress, they're very flattering. I would have loved to wear a slip dress or something light and airy with chiffon but they always just fall in all the wrong places on me. Keep trying, I know you will find something you love, or at least like! Good luck!! :)

#8 *Lo*

*Lo*
              • 2,993 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:46 PM

That was one I saw online too and considered. But I was too chicken to buy something before trying it! So many times I think things will look awesome but when you get them on it doesn't work so much.

I hope you can sell it!! Definitely post it, on the forum, on craigslist, on ebay maybe? That increases your chances.

#9 Ayita

Ayita
                • 861 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:54 PM

Try and go visit a David's Bridal. They say you should count up to 20 weeks to have a dress come in but :
                  - you can actually pick a dress from the rack if you like it. The only place I know you can do that.
                  - most dresses will take less than this to come. On the three I had shortlisted after my first visit, all three were taking 8 weeks to come in.

More importantly, they have all styles and good prices.

If you don't want to sell your first one you can use it for you TTD session...

#10 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
                  • 1,681 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:59 PM

That was the exact dress that I drove 2.5 hrs away to look at in a boutique. I was for sure it was the dress I wanted until I saw it in person. It didn't look like I thought it would in person. I personally thought that the online pic and info was very misleading. It is still pretty, but just not what I thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users