I should be giving gifts to the not-invited?!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 RaydensMama

• VIP Member
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:18 PM

Honestly I think thats the dumbest idea!! Why would you give a gift to someone not invited? I know personally I would feel offended getting a gift for not being invited!! Tell them its your day and youre doing it your way!

#12 bakerisacat

• 52 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:05 AM

Thanks everyone! I told them tonight that I appreciate their 'ideas' but no thanks. Mom didn't want to let it go until I had to just tell her that its literally just stupid. We agreed that we will still do a picture announcement and if they want anything more extravagant than what I want, they pay the difference!

Thanks for reasurring me! I knew somewhere deep inside that I am not crazy hehe :)

#13 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:55 PM

I agree with the favors at the AHR reception but that is all I would do.

#14 cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,151 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 04:08 PM

first of all, call me a selfish brat, but YOU are the one who should be receiving gifts for your wedding! these people are insane!

like the other girls have said, a wedding announcement with a photo is appropriate, and if you decide you're definitely doing an AHR, a wedding favor would suffice. it would be lovely if it were something that reflected your destination ... just an idea! i would be insulted if i got some stupid personalized candle in the mail but no invite! especially since i think wedding favors in general are usually a waste ... no one keeps them unless they are something practical!

#15 sunsetbride1

• 1,083 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:09 PM

I have never, ever heard of such a thing!

I think I would feel strange if my friends or family eloped and sent ME a gift!

You are supposed to be recieving gifts!!!

If YOU WANT to send a pic announcment; thats very nice. If you WANT to do favors at the AHR, then that is also nice.

You are under to obligation though...

Sorry if Im being to blunt.. but I am honestly shocked that anyone would even suggest that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users