Photo

guacamole recipes?? i have no idea how to make it...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:08 PM

also a tip, if you like the flavor that onions give (and garlic) but not the chunks (i hate chunks of onion in egg salad, potatoe salad etc.) i grate my onion or garlic..

so it gives it the flavor.

jamy, i also like my guac chunky and love adding tomatoes or if not in season a can of the roto (mexican tomatoe stuff) in it.

yummy...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#12 Michelle

Michelle
  • Banned
  • 302 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:39 PM

thanks so much for all the recipes for this :) im sooo craving it now ill have to go to the store and get the stuff for it!!

#13 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:52 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Tammy Host
      also a tip, if you like the flavor that onions give (and garlic) but not the chunks (i hate chunks of onion in egg salad, potatoe salad etc.) i grate my onion or garlic..

so it gives it the flavor.

jamy, i also like my guac chunky and love adding tomatoes or if not in season a can of the roto (mexican tomatoe stuff) in it.

yummy...
      great tip on the grating, some things need that flavor but not the chunks (like meatballs, I hate biting into chunks of onion & garlic but you need that flavor!)

the canned mexican tomatoes are good!

#14 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:55 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by starchild
      great tip on the grating, some things need that flavor but not the chunks (like meatballs, I hate biting into chunks of onion & garlic but you need that flavor!)

the canned mexican tomatoes are good!
      i totally agree...i can't stand chunks of raw or firm onions...it is so much eaier to grate than pull out the food processor.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#15 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:59 PM

way easier!

#16 NJ_bride

NJ_bride
        • 227 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 05:03 PM

My friend makes the most awesome guac dip in the world. My shower wishing well was for everyone to bring me a recipe of theirs and she gave it to me. I will post it for you when i get home. I was at her house last Saturday and she made it, yum!

#17 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,680 posts
          • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
          • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
          • LocationUtah

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:36 AM

Oh can't wait to try this recipe out. We need to bring a dip this weekend so I'm thinking this and some pico de gallo. Thanks for the tip Tammy on grating the onion. Now if only i could figure out how to do it without tearing up, anyone know the trick for that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users