Photo

Have you used Rosetta Stone?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 Christi

Christi
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:08 PM

Great thread...I need to learn arabic so i can converse with hubbies family when I meet them for the first time next year...

#12 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,853 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:40 PM

Thanks for the input ladies, i knew you would help!! Ok well now im going to see If I can find a used copy.
      Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#13 Birdie07

Birdie07
      • 1,218 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:27 PM

My bil burned us a copy. I don't how. Me and dh did it one night. Pretty easy. I totally should do it more. I wonder if someone could just make a copy for you.

#14 RedDiamond

RedDiamond
        • Banned
        • 242 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 03:05 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Christi
          Great thread...I need to learn arabic so i can converse with hubbies family when I meet them for the first time next year...
          My friend and I tried learning Arabic for awhile - it's hard! I've managed to learn small amounts of a lot of various languages and Arabic was by far the hardest.

#15 princessina

princessina
          • 192 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:32 PM

Yeah, I second that! Arabic is a hard language. I did Mandarin and that was tough. I hear Arabic is harder than Mandarin. But it's great that you can use it once you learn it.

#16 Christi

Christi
            • 1,905 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 01:37 PM

did you guys use the rosetta stone program to learn arabic? I thought about taking a class at the local college, but I'm not sure...

#17 princessina

princessina
              • 192 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:53 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Christi
                did you guys use the rosetta stone program to learn arabic? I thought about taking a class at the local college, but I'm not sure...
                I'm not sure about taking at a local college but I can guess that an advantage of rosetta stone over in college courses is that you can refresh your skills at an time. Although with a college course you get a a real life human interaction and possible meet people you can interact with in the future.. I guess it just depends on your preferences and what type of learner you are.

#18 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 10,366 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 09:56 PM

I am interested in this as well, I would lvoe to learn Spanish if it works!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users