Photo

Problem on Ebay~ what do you think I should do?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 KLC77

KLC77
  • 2,207 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:08 AM

So, I ordered the P90X workout system from ebay on a Buy It Now auction yesterday. The price was $99.99. It was supposed to be the full system with all 13 dvds and the nutrition guide, calendar etc. I paid for it via paypal. I just received an email from the seller (it was a group email as she was selling 4 of these) saying the item was misrepresented and it is only the dvd's. The whole reason I bought this item was because it included the nutrition guide. She says she will refund $17.79 of my purchase price because that is what her costs were. She claims the product was misrepresented to her and she has already paid for it. She in turn, misrepresented it on ebay. I don't know what to do. If I order the whole system from the P90X website it costs $140.00 including shipping. So, to pay $82.20 for the dvd's isn't unreasonable, but now I'm worried the dvd's won't be right and I'll have a problem returning them because I'll have to open them to know if they work. And, I'm still out the nutrition guide...

Ugh, I might just tell her to forget the whole thing and just buy the freakin thing for $140 so I know what I'm getting. What do you think?
    ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#2 RedDiamond

RedDiamond
    • Banned
    • 242 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:41 AM

I'd buy the system direct. I don't like to mess with re-sellers personally.

#3 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:50 AM

the nutrition guide doesn't really have anything in it unique that you can't get somewhere else. I think the DVDs are what are really great.

#4 syl1115

syl1115
        • 789 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:51 AM

I would cancel the order with her. Maybe there is another seller on Ebay that you can get it from. Make sure to check the feedback score before bidding or buying. If you want to totally avoid the hassle, spend the $140.00
          Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#5 mspattemac

mspattemac
          • 168 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:04 AM

I guess I dont understand why she is refunding you what she spent on the item. She is still profiting over $60. Maybe you should check ebay and see what a good price for the videos are and then counter offer her.

#6 KLC77

KLC77
            • 2,207 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:13 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by mspattemac
              I guess I dont understand why she is refunding you what she spent on the item. She is still profiting over $60. Maybe you should check ebay and see what a good price for the videos are and then counter offer her.
              I don't really get it either. I think she is trying to "make good" and the $17 and change is the difference in what I paid and what she paid. So, in essence she is saying she's not making any money on the product by refunding us what would've been her profit. Make sense?

I think I'm going to tell her to just forget it and refund me. Some of the other things in her email didn't really make sense. I swear it sounds like the response someone got on here from their seamstress to the BBB. It had personal info in it and some things I just didn't get at all that weren't relevant to the sale. A little like a 'whoa is me, things are so terrible' story rather than a 'hey, I screwed up, what do you want to do' story.
              ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#7 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
              • 1,209 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:56 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by KLC77
                I don't really get it either. I think she is trying to "make good" and the $17 and change is the difference in what I paid and what she paid. So, in essence she is saying she's not making any money on the product by refunding us what would've been her profit. Make sense?

I think I'm going to tell her to just forget it and refund me. Some of the other things in her email didn't really make sense. I swear it sounds like the response someone got on here from their seamstress to the BBB. It had personal info in it and some things I just didn't get at all that weren't relevant to the sale. A little like a 'whoa is me, things are so terrible' story rather than a 'hey, I screwed up, what do you want to do' story.
                That sounds fishy. I was going to say go along with it until you said that... now I think you should just cancel it and get your money back. If needed, go by Ebay consumer protection.

#8 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:51 PM

yeah after hearing about that email, i'd just cancel. doesn't sound like it is worth messing with her.

a nice thing about ordering from beachbody, is that they have a money back guarantee.

#9 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 04:55 PM

I would cancel the order with her and if she gives you a hard time, report her to ebay and paypal.

#10 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
                    • 1,083 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:30 PM

I agree with the popular thought.

Something doesn't sound right about this.. I would order it direct from the company.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users