Photo

It's Official- We have a new President

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
  • 609 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:20 PM

Words can't accurately describe how elated I am about Barack winning...

I just know I'm excited for the journey ahead. He's been handed a depression-era economy, credit & housing crisis, and the first war-time transition in 40 years and I think he will do the best possible job he can in his first term. He will bring the country together in a way that hasn't been seen before and uplift our international standing.

Congratulations President-Elect Barack Obama.

#42 nicmicj

nicmicj
    • 244 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:48 AM

I am overjoyed! My mom, sister, & I were on a 3-way call for 2 hours last night watching the election results and ending with our Future President's Speech. It was awesome. Change is happening and I am happy that I am alive to see this happen.

#43 SAM

SAM
      • 542 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:46 AM

I went to a conference in San Francisco this morning and I must say I could feel the excitement in the air. Everyone was talking about the election from the cab driver, to the hotel staff, to the people riding on BART (our metro).

It was mentioned several times that last night in San Francisco all of the streets were filled with people; honking their horns, cheering on their balconies, sipping champagne, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users