42 replies to this topic

#31 jajajaja

jajajaja
  • VIP Member
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:59 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by melody
    Although, senator Obama was not my first choice, he will be my next president and I will not only respect him but support him.
    GOD bless him and his family.
    Thank you Melody. I know how hard it is to be on the "losing" side of the ticket and four years ago, I really felt like our country was going to fall apart. I lost a lot of faith.

I'm really happy that despite it all, you can set aside your personal opinion and support your president. You are a much better person than I was 4 years ago. :) I really hope this can help unite Americans and not make us feel so divided.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KarmaB
    This is the most amazing day of my life!

I am so proud and overjoyed that I can say that my daughter (who is biracial) will be born the day that the headlines in the papers will announce our first African-American president. What a special day for America and what a special day for my daughter.
    That's fabulous Karma. What a great way to be welcomed into the world.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KAMAY11
    Well said Josh--We could definitely feel the power & emotion up here in Canada when Obama was elected the new President!!
    I shed a tear as this was such a powerful & historical night!!

I would be very proud to be an American right now!

I echo some of the sentiments here. I really hope America can become a country respected by others. It seems that we may be turning that corner.

I too am so proud to be part of this historical moment!!
    Happily married since 2008

#32 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:17 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Morgan
    does that leave only north caronlina undeclaired?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jacilynda
    North Carolina & Missouri

Montana and Alaska went to McCain and Indiana to Obama. This was soooo close though when you look at each state individually.
    yes Missouri was "called" earlier today

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KAMAY11
    Well said Josh--We could definitely feel the power & emotion up here in Canada when Obama was elected the new President!!
    I shed a tear as this was such a powerful & historical night!!

I would be very proud to be an American right now!
    When I went to the polls yesterday, I had to take a picture of my vote. Through out the day, I kept looking at my phone and smiling. Then I spoke to my mother & she told me that my 90 yr old grandmother "rocked her vote" too! I think I smiled all day at that thought.
    Last night was absolutely amazing. I don't think we slept more than 3 hours. We went to dinner with friends to watch the results & everyone was glued to the tv. On the way home, people were honking there horns & cheering.
    When we got home, I just couldn't sleep. I didn't want to go to sleep & wake up & realize that I was dreaming.
    I know that this is a day that I will never forget & I hope that for my children & in the future, that this will be something that is more common so to speak...that having an African-American president is only the beginning of "firsts" for our nation.
    I am so happy that you are so proud of your vote, however this is completely not okay, you are not supposed to do that. Taking photographs of a persons vote (even your own) is not allowed. I really hope that this will not become a habit now that we have phones with cameras so easily accessible
    this is a thread on a photography forum I found on google...I can find the actual laws but I think everyone will get the point
    SportsShooter.com - Restrictions on Photographing Voting??
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#33 JennyK

JennyK
    • 3,502 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:20 PM

Both speeches were amazing but I couldnt be more happy! I cried when Obama came out.. ahhh so happy

#34 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
      • 1,572 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:35 PM

I teared up watching the coverage last night. Friends went out to Grant Park for the rally & said it was truly amazing to be there.

#35 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:40 PM

I took a picture of my ballot too. I wondered if it was illegal, but I thought if so it would be worth a citation...it was that big to me. I hope the Feds aren't reading this thread or JustUsTwo and I are in hot water...lol

#36 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:47 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by starchild
            I took a picture of my ballot too. I wondered if it was illegal, but I thought if so it would be worth a citation...it was that big to me. I hope the Feds aren't reading this thread or JustUsTwo and I are in hot water...lol
            well count me in b/c i took a pic of mine too with my camera phone!

#37 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:52 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Alyssa
              well count me in b/c i took a pic of mine too with my camera phone!
              Welcome to the rebel club...haha

#38 lscilley

lscilley
              • 1,466 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:58 PM

I'm another Canadian who is very excited that Obama won! Hope the future is full of great changes for all of you!

#39 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:01 PM

hmm, i thought someone was photographing me voting. I'll ask the coworkers I went with, but I'm pretty sure someone was taking pictures. I'm sleep deprived & having trouble remembering. ps. i early voted so this was a few weeks ago. just so i don't sound totally clueless.

#40 Christine

Christine
                  • VIP Member
                  • 21,514 posts
                  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:16 PM

someone can take photos of your back but not your ballot
                  Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users