Photo

It's Official- We have a new President

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#11 coppergoddess13

coppergoddess13
  • 170 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:16 AM

I'm soo thrilled! I was so proud of our country today when it was announced- we've come a long way in the last several decades!

I also gained some respect for McCain for bowing out gracefully- it does take courage to know, and admit, when you are beaten. A graceful concession is something that I think was needed for people from both sides of the election!

#12 candiekiss

candiekiss
    • 98 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:16 AM

I got chills...and that vary rarely happens! It made me actually feel proud of our country and give me hope that things will get back on track! Yes We Can!!

#13 KarmaB

KarmaB
      • 796 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:09 AM

This is the most amazing day of my life!

I am so proud and overjoyed that I can say that my daughter (who is biracial) will be born the day that the headlines in the papers will announce our first African-American president. What a special day for America and what a special day for my daughter.

#14 Banana11

Banana11
        • VIP Member
        • 8,841 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:10 AM

I'm so proud of our country!!!!

#15 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 4,328 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:34 AM

i was crying all night.. i'm so happy!!!

#16 Angel

Angel
            • 2,635 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:36 AM

I am so happy!!!! Words can't describe how we were feeling last night.
              It's just so amazing. What a special day for everybody!

#17 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
              • VIP Member
              • 3,160 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:10 AM

I proudly voted for the opponent so it's a bummer for me, however time will tell, and I hope and pray that Obama does a great job in making our Country better! I watched McCain's speech too and yes, he did wonderful! I didn't get a chance to watch all of Obama's speech but will this week. He is a good speaker so I'm sure his was good as well.

If anything I'm happy you guys are all happy ;o) lol

#18 syl1115

syl1115
                • 789 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:22 AM

I never thought I would live to see the day a black man was voted into office as the President. It has renewed my faith in America and shows how much we have grown as people. It shows that we CAN look past ethnic barriers and join together. McCain gave a great speech last night. I think this is a new beginning for all of us.
                  Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#19 foxytv

foxytv
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,740 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:31 AM

I voted with the minority ... but now must look forward to the hope of positive change. There is so much positive energy even here on BDW from Obama/Democractic supporters ... that it gives me hope.

Karma - what an awesome realization that the newspapers that you save for your little Hannah will show a a true piece of history.

And I am at peace with how genuinely, graciously and eloquently McCain spoke last night when he conceded.

#20 Banana11

Banana11
                    • VIP Member
                    • 8,841 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 10:54 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by syl1115
                      I never thought I would live to see the day a black man was voted into office as the President. It has renewed my faith in America and shows how much we have grown as people. It shows that we CAN look past ethnic barriers and join together. McCain gave a great speech last night. I think this is a new beginning for all of us.
                      I love what you said about it being a new beginning for all of us! It truly feels that way!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users