Sign in to follow this  
SAM

It's Official- We have a new President

Quote:
Originally Posted by melody View Post
Although, senator Obama was not my first choice, he will be my next president and I will not only respect him but support him.
GOD bless him and his family.
Thank you Melody. I know how hard it is to be on the "losing" side of the ticket and four years ago, I really felt like our country was going to fall apart. I lost a lot of faith.

I'm really happy that despite it all, you can set aside your personal opinion and support your president. You are a much better person than I was 4 years ago. :) I really hope this can help unite Americans and not make us feel so divided.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaB View Post
This is the most amazing day of my life!

I am so proud and overjoyed that I can say that my daughter (who is biracial) will be born the day that the headlines in the papers will announce our first African-American president. What a special day for America and what a special day for my daughter.
That's fabulous Karma. What a great way to be welcomed into the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMAY11 View Post
Well said Josh--We could definitely feel the power & emotion up here in Canada when Obama was elected the new President!!
I shed a tear as this was such a powerful & historical night!!

I would be very proud to be an American right now! cheesy.gif

thewave.gif cheer2.gif smile124.gif
I echo some of the sentiments here. I really hope America can become a country respected by others. It seems that we may be turning that corner.

I too am so proud to be part of this historical moment!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
does that leave only north caronlina undeclaired?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacilynda View Post
North Carolina & Missouri

Montana and Alaska went to McCain and Indiana to Obama. This was soooo close though when you look at each state individually.
yes Missouri was "called" earlier today

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMAY11 View Post
Well said Josh--We could definitely feel the power & emotion up here in Canada when Obama was elected the new President!!
I shed a tear as this was such a powerful & historical night!!

I would be very proud to be an American right now! cheesy.gif

thewave.gif cheer2.gif smile124.gif
thanks Canadians. I think we have really looked so pathetic for the last 8 years under Bush and I hope the world can forgive our country for our stupidity and realize that its going to get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO View Post
When I went to the polls yesterday, I had to take a picture of my vote. Through out the day, I kept looking at my phone and smiling. Then I spoke to my mother & she told me that my 90 yr old grandmother "rocked her vote" too! I think I smiled all day at that thought.
Last night was absolutely amazing. I don't think we slept more than 3 hours. We went to dinner with friends to watch the results & everyone was glued to the tv. On the way home, people were honking there horns & cheering.
When we got home, I just couldn't sleep. I didn't want to go to sleep & wake up & realize that I was dreaming.
I know that this is a day that I will never forget & I hope that for my children & in the future, that this will be something that is more common so to speak...that having an African-American president is only the beginning of "firsts" for our nation.
I am so happy that you are so proud of your vote, however this is completely not okay, you are not supposed to do that. Taking photographs of a persons vote (even your own) is not allowed. I really hope that this will not become a habit now that we have phones with cameras so easily accessible
this is a thread on a photography forum I found on google...I can find the actual laws but I think everyone will get the point
SportsShooter.com - Restrictions on Photographing Votinghuh.gif??

I took a picture of my ballot too. I wondered if it was illegal, but I thought if so it would be worth a citation...it was that big to me. I hope the Feds aren't reading this thread or JustUsTwo and I are in hot water...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
I took a picture of my ballot too. I wondered if it was illegal, but I thought if so it would be worth a citation...it was that big to me. I hope the Feds aren't reading this thread or JustUsTwo and I are in hot water...lol
well count me in b/c i took a pic of mine too with my camera phone!

hmm, i thought someone was photographing me voting. I'll ask the coworkers I went with, but I'm pretty sure someone was taking pictures. I'm sleep deprived & having trouble remembering. ps. i early voted so this was a few weeks ago. just so i don't sound totally clueless.