did you VOTE yet?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 jajajaja

jajajaja
  • VIP Member
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 01:49 PM

We have mail ballots. Apparently we started that back in 2000 (which was the first year I could vote for a president)- I don't remember voting prior to that.

Anyways, I kinda wish I could experience a polling place. Sounds fun. I'd like to wait in line with all those enthusiastic people.

And good for you girls making the extra effort to do that. It kinda disappoints me to know of registered voters in my state that get their ballot in the mail 2 weeks before the election and don't turn the stupid thing in. How lazy can you be!
    Happily married since 2008

#32 Blkatz

Blkatz
    • 1,025 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:01 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Alyssa
      oh and Mayor Nutter came and greeted everyone one in line individually and thanked us for voting! that was cool :)
      That is very cool. We live on 24th and South (Naval Square)
      2 Hours is nuts too!

#33 FoxyBride

FoxyBride
      • 609 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:22 PM

I voted early a few weeks ago. Even then there was a line but it still only took about 15 minutes. Hopefully everyone will get out and let their voice be heard today. :)

#34 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:47 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Alyssa
          what ward are you in? we got there at 7:30 and had to wait over 2 hours - they were super organized, there was just SO many people!
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by ErinB
          How many voting locations do you have? We have 261 precints just in my county, each one is different. Don't quote me on this, but I want to say that they established a voting location within walking distance, so that is why there are so many places.
          Erin - there are over 1200 voting locations in Philadelphia county alone! they do it by ward.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Blkatz
          That is very cool. We live on 24th and South (Naval Square)
          2 Hours is nuts too!
          nice! we are in Old City so we vote at 4th & Race :)

#35 CarrieRN

CarrieRN
          • 815 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 02:47 PM

I voted. We have touch screen and there was no wait at all. I think it took me less than 5 minutes. I must say, I was very disappointed because they didn't have "I Voted" stickers and I really wanted to have a sticker. Just like an 8 yr old...but one who just voted!
            http://i236.photobuc....m/IMG_1472.jpg
            Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
            Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

http://dv.daisypath.com/Mvdhm5/.png

#36 LisaG

LisaG
            • VIP Member
            • 7,839 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:07 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by CarrieRN
              I voted. We have touch screen and there was no wait at all. I think it took me less than 5 minutes. I must say, I was very disappointed because they didn't have "I Voted" stickers and I really wanted to have a sticker. Just like an 8 yr old...but one who just voted!
              I didn't get a sticker either They did stamp my card that said "Voted".
              Krispy Kreme was giving away a free star shaped donut if you came in with your "I Voted" sticker on today.

#37 jajajaja

jajajaja
              • VIP Member
              • 9,794 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:28 PM

Well poop Lisa. I say you walk in there and demand your star shapped donut! No one denies a preggo a donut. No one!!

#38 Alyssa

Alyssa
                • 11,793 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:32 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
                  Well poop Lisa. I say you walk in there and demand your star shapped donut! No one denies a preggo a donut. No one!!
                  ROFL!!!!! OMG Rachel you are sooo funny! and Lisa - i agree - you go back and get your damn donut!

#39 chickadee024

chickadee024
                  • 140 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:33 PM

I voted, here in the great swing-state of Indiana! (I just hope things all turn out the way I want.)

There was absolutely no line, we just walked up and filled out our scantrons. I was a little bummed because I didn't get any sticker or stamp or anything. However will I get my free Starbucks coffee?? I've also heard that Babeland is giving out free silver bullets to you gals in NY or Seattle....lucky girls!

#40 jajajaja

jajajaja
                    • VIP Member
                    • 9,794 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 03:36 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by chickadee024
                      II've also heard that Babeland is giving out free silver bullets to you gals in NY or Seattle....lucky girls!
                      So I hope I'm not too stupid, but what's a silver bullet (besides the obvious of it being something that kills werewolves)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users