• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:39 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blkatz
    I voted this morning-in Philadelphia they open at 7-I got there at 6:55 and waited for an HOUR! I do think it is worth the wait but the problem is they were so unorganized. I guess that they did not expect this kind of turn out. It was nuts
    what ward are you in? we got there at 7:30 and had to wait over 2 hours - they were super organized, there was just SO many people!

#22 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:40 PM

oh and Mayor Nutter came and greeted everyone one in line individually and thanked us for voting! that was cool :)

#23 Shannond4156

Shannond4156
      • 169 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:44 PM

We have early voting here so I voted about a month ago. I am glad I voted early, but it kind of makes election day feel weird when you don't actually go to the polls. It's crazy to think after two years of election news it is almost over. I can't wait to watch the returns tonight.

#24 Christi

Christi
        • 1,905 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:45 PM

I voted by absentee ballot last week - woo hoo!

#25 Banana11

Banana11
          • VIP Member
          • 8,841 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:51 PM

I voted this morning on my way to work. It took about 35 minutes total, not so bad. We fill in a bubble sheet and feed it through a counter machine. Nice technical terms, heh?! :). I believe voting is going smoothly here in MN! I cannot wait for tonight!!!

#26 LisaG

LisaG
            • VIP Member
            • 7,839 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:57 PM

We voted last week. Only had to wait like 15 minutes. It was great!

#27 Yari

Yari
              • VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:59 PM

I am going to vote after work, but I am leaving at 2pm to do it.

Things are crazy here with Prop 8, lots of protests.

I can't wait to vote, but I am very nervous about the outcome.

#28 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,504 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 01:05 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Alyssa
                  what ward are you in? we got there at 7:30 and had to wait over 2 hours - they were super organized, there was just SO many people!

How many voting locations do you have? We have 261 precints just in my county, each one is different. Don't quote me on this, but I want to say that they established a voting location within walking distance, so that is why there are so many places.

#29 Jen_S

Jen_S
                  • 3,737 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 01:18 PM

I vote at 6 am was the first person in my section so no wait!!!
                    Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#30 nevisbride2010

nevisbride2010
                    • 24 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 01:21 PM

I haven't voted yet but I plan to early this evening. I have never voted in this state as I was previously registered in FL.

I was talking to my mom last night who said she has never in her life voted! She is 56 years old! I couldn't believe it. She is not a US citizen although she has lived here legally since she was 20. She is a British citizen. I guess back them you had to be 21 to vote in the UK. She doesn't want to become a US citizen so I guess she'll never vote.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users