Family members complaining about the cost

You will always have those members of each side of the family that will complain about the costs. One of the reasons why we are having our wedding in Las Vegas is because we do not want a lot of people to attend!!! For the ones that do, we have given them plenty of notice and understand if they are not able to come which is why we have chosen a chapel that can do a LIVE internet broadcast. For those that want to come, they will find a way!

Oh yeah, we went through the same thing also! But you know what, I didn't stress about it AT ALL! Everyone had over a year notice about the wedding. And we also had everything set up thru a travel agent and you could get on a payment plan. And you know, if some people couldn't afford it, I also understood because times are hard for a lot of people and sometimes they just can't do it.

My husband had no family or friends there. They all complained about the costs. But all my family and friends that were invited came. They all said they didn't care what, but they would be there. And they all were there.

Enjoy your wedding and don't worry about it. If they can make it then that's great, if not, you will still have a fantastic wedding!!!

Here's is a different way to look at it. If you had a wedding at "home" would these people come? If yes, why? Because it was easy, cheap, convenient? Well, I've learned the hard way that the people that are willing to make the effort of traveling, saving money, and trying something new are the ones who really count, the others are the "fillers" in life. I know that sounds harsh but it took me over a year to get it. Today it's the cost, tommorow the traveling, then the time of year. Excuses are excuses and when trying to plan the wedding of your dreams you really don't want to hear them. A simple we can't make it is all you need to know. People got to stop with the guilt! Good luck!

Oh how much I feel your pain. My parents are not pleased about the destination wedding idea and so far my Grandparents are refusing to come because they think it is a waste of money. In the end I realize that this is my finance and my wedding and we have dreamed about a destination wedding for years. This is my one and only wedding and I dont want to have regrets so I just have to hope everyone will eventually warm up to the idea. We have decided not to get legally married in Mexico so after we go the the JP we think we might have a dinner for people who never warm up to the idea of a destination.

Ooooh those darn SIL's...if you read my rant "unbelievable fiasco with SIL" you'll see I have a similar situation with the BIL now probably not being able to be best man for my FI because of his FI now planning their wedding as a destination (in the same place as ours!).

Chin up...it'll all work out in the end! I'm submersing myself in my own plans instead of fuming and cursing the SIL...although I do have a voodoo doll with her name on it! wink.gif

In the end you have to do what the two of you want. We want a destination wedding and if nobody comes my attitude is oh well this is what I want I will not be happy if I did the wedding at home, but then again this is the 2nd time around for both of us.

In the end it will work out and you will have an amazing wedding day