Photo

Post here if you are getting married in Jamaica

• Please log in to reply
1071 replies to this topic

#511 downtownlagirl

downtownlagirl
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:00 PM

Hi QueenDiva! If we do Rockhouse it will probably be in May. Having a little difficulty with WC at Round Hill. Rockhouse is so beautiful and a LOT more laid back. Are you booking out the whole place?
    Tropical Love and Lua, we are doing welcome bags - the WC suggested Jamaican things like a bottle of Red Stripe, which is cute. If we didn't do destination, we would have done different vintage sodas in every bag (Moxie, Fizz Up, etc), so instead we might do Ting soda. We'll probably put in sunscreen. I want to put a sarong in every bag but it will probably be too expensive.

#512 QueenDiva

QueenDiva
    • 521 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:45 PM

@downtownlagirl- yes we are renting out the whole resort!! The WC there, Inise, is awesome to work with. If you're considering Rockhouse you'd better act fast as they book up quickly and only do 20 weddings a year.
      @tropical love- there's a thread on suggestions of what to put in OOT bags (out of town bags). It's under "General Wedding Information", then Registry, Gifts & OOT bags.

#513 aella

aella
      • 36 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:23 AM

Yay! I'm so happy to finally be a Jamaica bride!!! Just put in the request for the wedding date yesterday, I can't wait to have it booked!

User Name: aella
        Name: Alison and Curt
        Wedding: March 24th, 2011
        in JA: March 20th - April 3
        [/SIZE]http://dwdf.daisypath.com/POh0m6.png

Four booked including the Bride and Groom!

#514 soontobemrsdow

soontobemrsdow
        • 250 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:23 AM

welcome aella!! we were going to book the riu but changed are minds the last minute...it looks beautiful though and theres tooons of info on it here. congrats!

#515 LisaAndDreJamaica2011

LisaAndDreJamaica2011
          • 51 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:21 PM

@ Tropical love. I'm also doing wedding baskets and have decided on simply filling them with a hand signed welcome note and local fruits. a Mango, papaya, and genips :). Cheap and yummy! I'm buying cheap baskets from my local christmas tree shop and just packing them with me. I'm asking the coordinator to get the fruit. If she tries to over charge, I'll simply go a day earlier and buy them myself. I feel okay haggling with local fruit stands, especially if I'm buying them out AND paying in the US $$$

#516 aella

aella
            • 36 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:44 PM

What a great idea for the baskets!! Just got our wedding date confirmation today, YAY!

soontobemrsdow - the gran bahia was actually our second choice! I think our travel agent wanted us to pick the bahia, he seemed to love it, but our gut instinct was the Riu. They have a fantastic reputation for weddings at the agency we used :)
              [/SIZE]http://dwdf.daisypath.com/POh0m6.png

Four booked including the Bride and Groom!

#517 LisaAndDreJamaica2011

LisaAndDreJamaica2011
              • 51 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:59 PM

@ Queen Diva. You are sooo lucky to be getting married at Rockhouse. Inise sent me a contract yesterday, and the price of food + cocktail food, not inlcuding drinks is $78 ( which is actually going up for 2011 weddings)...was just too much. She does NOT negotiate. Also, being required to bok 27 rooms and then having to pay for them if my guests opted not to stay there was just too much. So much can happen financially between now and next August . I'm now debating between Tensing and Catcha falling star. Wish me luck!

#518 QueenDiva

QueenDiva
                • 521 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:32 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LisaAndDreJamaica2011
                  @ Queen Diva. You are sooo lucky to be getting married at Rockhouse. Inise sent me a contract yesterday, and the price of food + cocktail food, not inlcuding drinks is $78 ( which is actually going up for 2011 weddings)...was just too much. She does NOT negotiate. Also, being required to bok 27 rooms and then having to pay for them if my guests opted not to stay there was just too much. So much can happen financially between now and next August . I'm now debating between Tensing and Catcha falling star. Wish me luck!
                  Believe me I know! But it just works out for us. Although I loved Rockhouse (I took FI there for his birthday last September), we did look at Tensing and he thought the big houses there were kinda cool. However, the WC there did not help to make me feel comfortable (she had such a DRY personality) and the resort would not have fit the amount of people that would be coming as it only holds about 43 people, so we switched to Rockhouse. I am completely happy with my decision and Inise makes me feel like I don't have a care in the world! No worries! Your day at either of the resorts will be phenomenal!!! I hear there is a new WC at Tensing, so I think everything will be alot better.

#519 LisaAndDreJamaica2011

LisaAndDreJamaica2011
                  • 51 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:55 AM

Thanks Queen Diva! Hopefully it all works out! Congrats!

#520 CosmicGirl

CosmicGirl
                    • 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:39 PM

Username: CosmicGirl
                      Wedding date: Feb 2, 2011
                      At: The Riu Ocho Rios!

6 months is going to come QUICK! Woohooo!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users