Photo

Post Here if You Are Getting Married in Cabo!

• Please log in to reply
515 replies to this topic

#431 Melissa14

Melissa14
  • 304 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 27, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:08 AM

I got prices from Chris and Lynn and they start at $5,500.00. Their work is amazing but just not in my budget. I think I am leaning towards Gilda Badillo. Her prices are great and I've heard nothing but good things about her.

@mlw02 - Do you have a DJ yet?

Marrying My 5th Grade "Boyfriend"...Life has a funny way of working itself out

#432 mlw02

mlw02
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:40 AM

Wow they would have been out of my budget also!!! I got Juan carlos Tapia. He was 2500 for 4 hours or 3100 for 5 hours. I get everything on a dvd afterwards to do whatever I want with them. He is doing 2-3 hours the day of then the next day we are doing a trash the dress session and it was all included for that price. Our wedding is really small 6 guests total and with wedding party and us it is a total of 11 people. So I ended up not doing the reception and doing cocktail hour after the wedding with appetizers and cake and cocktails. Then later all go to restaurant and eat. I did price DJ Ricardo and that is who I would have went with if the wedding would have been bigger. It is amazing how fast it all adds up tho!

#433 Melissa14

Melissa14
    • 304 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

Did you get a price from DJ Ricardo?

Gilda Badillo charges $1750.00 for five hours and includes a DVD, a copyright letter, and an album. My wedding starts at 4 so I am booking her from 4-9. I figure that pretty much covers it all.

Yes! It all adds up fast and there are so many details to attend to!

#434 mlw02

mlw02
    • 65 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

This was back on jan 5.  

Thank you for your reply, for our 2013 events we do not know right now if we are going to change our hourly rate or not; but I can offer you our current rate which includes the following:

For the Reception:

- Audio System (2 speakers)

- DJ Booth with 2 Vinyl or CD Turntables

- 1 Mixer

- 1 Handheld wireless microphone

- Professional DJ and emcee service by me

- Music provided by you through a music play list

$280 usd per hour, if you want to work with a contract I can provide you with one.

For Ceremony:

- 1 Powered speaker

- 1 Handheld wireless microphone

- All the necessary to plug your ipod to have music to walk down the aisle

$170 usd

lighting is..If you would like to give a fine touch to the look of the place I have colored lights to decorate the area (the palm trees and the people while dancing) for this I can provide you with LED Par 64 lights at $50 usd each and robotic moving heads at $200 usd each (I am giving you our current price, it might change for 2013). The last time we use lights at Ocean Terrace my client hired 2 robotic moving heads and 6 LED lights; and everything turned out great.

Gilda is really reasonable. What package where you going with at dreams?

#435 Melissa14

Melissa14
      • 304 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:59 AM

The Love Package, we want a small wedding too but I have a huge family. Right now we have about 40 confirmed guests. We will see if that changes.

Thanks so much for the info!

#436 McLecker

McLecker
      • 194 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

Has anyone done any excursions in Cabo? We have 55 adults coming and I'd like to offer some suggestions of activiites ie. snorkling, scuba diving or cruises but would love some recommendations of brides who have been on these trips. thanks!

#437 sandyloo117

sandyloo117
        • 16 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:32 AM

My fiance and I are also getting married at the Riu Santa Fe resort! But not until 10-04-2013.  I can't wait to hear how your wedding turns out!

#438 Melimelvi86

Melimelvi86
          • 9 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

Were getting married April 9, 2013 at Hacienda Cocina... cant wait!

#439 RNtoBe

RNtoBe
            • 255 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by McLecker 

Has anyone done any excursions in Cabo? We have 55 adults coming and I'd like to offer some suggestions of activiites ie. snorkling, scuba diving or cruises but would love some recommendations of brides who have been on these trips. thanks!

I'd love to hear about any excursions you did in Cabo. I am wondering about day trip etc as well! 

#440 Houstonnlh

Houstonnlh
              • 116 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

Hi All,

We are actually doing a dinner cruise through cabo mar. It's supposed to be a fun atmosphere with dancing, drinks and food. I've heard there is a whale watching excursion that is pretty cool. The guys are planning to do golfing and fishing as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users