Photo

Post Here if You Are Getting Married in Cabo!

• Please log in to reply
515 replies to this topic

#371 Pucca

Pucca
  • 485 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:10 AM

Thanks for letting me know! I'll keep your florist in mind. I was referred to Floreria Rayen by another bride here on BDW so we're emailing her. She seems really nice, and we're waiting on an estimate from her. Hopefully that'll work out for us!

Originally Posted by sesiliamadrigal 

Hey Pucca,

Okay so I was referred by my resort a florist called Floreria Colores Del Desierto, Margarita Alarcon (margarita@coloresdeldesierto.com). I contacted the Margarita and it has been so easy to get a quote from her. I first ask how much it would be to by flowers by the stem. Margarita quote was well priced and she didn't overcharge me. Usually my experience with other florist was that overcharge me so they can do the flower arrangements themselves but she didn't do that. So then I had asked her how much it would be if she would make my arrangements. She made a list of how much each individual item would be and how much flowers I needed if I wanted to make them myself.  Overall I am so happy with her quote and she gave me a really really good price. Believe me when I say this because I have called numerous florists (about 15), thought about doing fake flowers, and price how much it would be to fly in my flowers. Hope this helps.

#372 cl2001

cl2001
    • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:49 AM

Hi everyone!

My name is Crystal. I got engaged to my fiance Trey in November of 2010. We are having a long engagement and plan on getting marries in Los Cabos in November of 2012.

But of course I'm totally clueless on how to get started! I am particularly not interested in staying at a resort, so considering that I'm not sure how to go about a wedding in Cabo. I'm okay with having the wedding itself at a resort but if it's more cost effective to have it elsewhere I'd much prefer that! A terrace is what I am hoping for most, but the beach with a deck would be great as well.

Any tips or help is much appreciated! Getting married in Cabo makes me excited but nervous because I don't know anyone with experience getting married outside of a resort.

#373 Pucca

Pucca
      • 485 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by cl2001 

Hi everyone!

My name is Crystal. I got engaged to my fiance Trey in November of 2010. We are having a long engagement and plan on getting marries in Los Cabos in November of 2012.

But of course I'm totally clueless on how to get started! I am particularly not interested in staying at a resort, so considering that I'm not sure how to go about a wedding in Cabo. I'm okay with having the wedding itself at a resort but if it's more cost effective to have it elsewhere I'd much prefer that! A terrace is what I am hoping for most, but the beach with a deck would be great as well.

Any tips or help is much appreciated! Getting married in Cabo makes me excited but nervous because I don't know anyone with experience getting married outside of a resort.

Congratulations Crystal! I totally understand because I'm getting married outside a resort as well. But you've given yourself plenty of time to plan, which is good!! I started with a lot of researching - on the internet and looking through this forum. There's a lot of information here and a lot of reviews for resorts as well as individual vendors. Send me a PM if you have specific questions. Good luck and happy planning!

#374 Chitown Bride

Chitown Bride
        • 12 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:44 PM

Hi Everyone!!!!

I'm a Cabo Bride

August 27, 2011 Barcelo Palace Deluxe in Cabo San Lucas!!

#375 Pucca

Pucca
          • 485 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:17 AM

Congratulations!! 

Originally Posted by Chitown Bride 

Hi Everyone!!!!

I'm a Cabo Bride

August 27, 2011 Barcelo Palace Deluxe in Cabo San Lucas!!

#376 littlemisssunshine

littlemisssunshine
            • Site Supporter
            • 24 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:50 AM

Hi cl2001,

My fiance and I are getting married in Cabo this June. Us and our 40 guests are staying at the Barcelo resort, but we aren't having our wedding there. We're going to have our wedding at Sunset Da Mona Lisa (sunsetmonalisa.com) which has a beautiful terrace overlooking the ocean! Worth checking out if this is what you're looking for.

If you and your guests aren't going to be staying at a resort then it would not be cost effective to have your wedding at a resort- you would have to pay for a guest pass for each person on top of the cost of the wedding. There are lots of great venues in Cabo that I discovered in my research. If you're planning it from afar it may be worth your money to hire a wedding coordinator to help you out. It may seem like a lot to spend on one, but their expertise and knowledge of good vendors (for flowers, cake, etc etc) will save you headache, time, and money in the end. That's been my experience anyways!

Happy planning :)

Getting married June 30, 2011 :)

#377 Teira1031

Teira1031
              • 766 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:59 PM

I just checked out the website for the venue you are using and it is incredible! So different than a typical resort DW! I cannot wait to see your wedding pictures, your guests are going to love this setting!

Originally Posted by littlemisssunshine 

Hi cl2001,

My fiance and I are getting married in Cabo this June. Us and our 40 guests are staying at the Barcelo resort, but we aren't having our wedding there. We're going to have our wedding at Sunset Da Mona Lisa (sunsetmonalisa.com) which has a beautiful terrace overlooking the ocean! Worth checking out if this is what you're looking for.

If you and your guests aren't going to be staying at a resort then it would not be cost effective to have your wedding at a resort- you would have to pay for a guest pass for each person on top of the cost of the wedding. There are lots of great venues in Cabo that I discovered in my research. If you're planning it from afar it may be worth your money to hire a wedding coordinator to help you out. It may seem like a lot to spend on one, but their expertise and knowledge of good vendors (for flowers, cake, etc etc) will save you headache, time, and money in the end. That's been my experience anyways!

Happy planning :)

#378 meghmarie

meghmarie
                • 15 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:26 AM

Hello!

I'm a new Cabo bride!

My name is Meghan and my fiance Chris and I just got engaged in Cabo. We are planning a Cabo wedding for early March 2012. We are thinking about Dreams, or Melia. We have site visits and an engagement session planned for early summer!

#379 Crys

Crys
                  • 76 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:22 AM

User Name: Crys
                    Name: Crystal & David

Wedding: September 21, 2011

yeah

#380 twinkleveevee

twinkleveevee
                    • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:53 AM

Hi!!!!  Would you be willing to sell your wedding dress? My client wants this dress and I was thinking of saving her money by finding someone who has it!  If so, we can explore this - you can call me at veronica@blueivyevents.com or call 617 642 0448. Thanks! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users