Jump to content

Photo

Post Here if You Are Getting Married in Cabo!


  • Please log in to reply
515 replies to this topic

#361 kiwibride

kiwibride
  • Jr. Member
  • 275 posts

    Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:21 PM

    Hi, Congratulations and welcome to the forum!  It is your wedding you cant stress too much about your guest the people who want to be there will be and remember it is also a great holiday for them with discounted hotel rates!  We live in Australia and are getting married at Dreams in cabo on 11th April 2011 we gave all our guest more than a year's notice and have set up a website where i have posted any great flight deals that i have found from england and australia (my Fi is from england) we got a good deal on rooms as we were booking a min of 12 rooms, we used a travel agent from this forum.  I am so excited about my destination wedding!  Good luck!
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by plantcityhome 

    Hello,

    This is my very first post (with 2nd time posting this message and I am pretty sure I posted this in the wrong thread prior) :)

     

    My name is Frances and my fiance and I have just started to consider/try to determine whether we are going to do a local v.s. destination wedding for March 2012. In researching destinations, we are very interested in Cabo. We have reached out to a few planners and are currently awaiting a preliminary proposal.  While it appears positive that we may be able to afford hosting a wedding/reception in Cabo, we have a concern relating to guests. We would definitely want to give guests at least 11-12 months to prepare/save. But the concern i have is, how much is too much to expect someone to be willing to pay to attend. I definitely understand that some will and some will not be able to attend but for those that do want to attend and plan to save in order to attend, how much it too much to expect them to pay for hotel and airfare.





    #362 proti007

    proti007
    • Jr. Member
    • 467 posts

      Posted 07 February 2011 - 02:45 PM

      Hello and congrats! Like some of the other brides have mentioned, you need to do some research and definitely set a range for a limit. We wanted between $1500-$1800 all-inclusive for our guests (flight and hotel), which we managed to find, and are so happy with our choice (Dreams Los Cabos). The hardest part is explaining to guests that they are not going to find last minute prices when booking so much in advance.
       

      Originally Posted by plantcityhome 

      Hello,

      This is my very first post (with 2nd time posting this message and I am pretty sure I posted this in the wrong thread prior) :)

       

      My name is Frances and my fiance and I have just started to consider/try to determine whether we are going to do a local v.s. destination wedding for March 2012. In researching destinations, we are very interested in Cabo. We have reached out to a few planners and are currently awaiting a preliminary proposal.  While it appears positive that we may be able to afford hosting a wedding/reception in Cabo, we have a concern relating to guests. We would definitely want to give guests at least 11-12 months to prepare/save. But the concern i have is, how much is too much to expect someone to be willing to pay to attend. I definitely understand that some will and some will not be able to attend but for those that do want to attend and plan to save in order to attend, how much it too much to expect them to pay for hotel and airfare.





      #363 plantcityhome

      plantcityhome
      • Newbie
      • 68 posts

        Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:59 PM


        Thank you so much for your insight!
         

        Originally Posted by JenK 

        Hi Frances!

         

        In discussions with my friends and family, they really wanted to keep it to around 1500 for all inclusive hotel and flights. That is why I went with the Riu Palace to keep it to about those costs. The Riu Santa Fe is also cheaper, depending on your price range. It really depends on what your guests feel are a reasonable cost! We definitely didn't want it near the 2000 dollar mark. Good luck with your planning!





        #364 plantcityhome

        plantcityhome
        • Newbie
        • 68 posts

          Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:02 PM

          Thank you for your feedback :) We haven't been planning that long but I can see already that if you don't stay focused, you can easily become lost in trying to please everyone which I will never be able to do. Thanks again. We are looking at Dreams In Cabo as well!

           

          Originally Posted by kiwibride 

          Hi, Congratulations and welcome to the forum!  It is your wedding you cant stress too much about your guest the people who want to be there will be and remember it is also a great holiday for them with discounted hotel rates!  We live in Australia and are getting married at Dreams in cabo on 11th April 2011 we gave all our guest more than a year's notice and have set up a website where i have posted any great flight deals that i have found from england and australia (my Fi is from england) we got a good deal on rooms as we were booking a min of 12 rooms, we used a travel agent from this forum.  I am so excited about my destination wedding!  Good luck!
          Quote:

          Originally Posted by plantcityhome 

          Hello,

          This is my very first post (with 2nd time posting this message and I am pretty sure I posted this in the wrong thread prior) :)

           

          My name is Frances and my fiance and I have just started to consider/try to determine whether we are going to do a local v.s. destination wedding for March 2012. In researching destinations, we are very interested in Cabo. We have reached out to a few planners and are currently awaiting a preliminary proposal.  While it appears positive that we may be able to afford hosting a wedding/reception in Cabo, we have a concern relating to guests. We would definitely want to give guests at least 11-12 months to prepare/save. But the concern i have is, how much is too much to expect someone to be willing to pay to attend. I definitely understand that some will and some will not be able to attend but for those that do want to attend and plan to save in order to attend, how much it too much to expect them to pay for hotel and airfare.


           




          #365 plantcityhome

          plantcityhome
          • Newbie
          • 68 posts

            Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:04 PM

            Thank you :) We are looking at Dreams in Cabo as well. If we do go with Dream, we do plan to try to give everyone at least a year to prepare and save. Thanks for taking the time to respond!
             

            Originally Posted by proti007 

            Hello and congrats! Like some of the other brides have mentioned, you need to do some research and definitely set a range for a limit. We wanted between $1500-$1800 all-inclusive for our guests (flight and hotel), which we managed to find, and are so happy with our choice (Dreams Los Cabos). The hardest part is explaining to guests that they are not going to find last minute prices when booking so much in advance.
             

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by plantcityhome 

            Hello,

            This is my very first post (with 2nd time posting this message and I am pretty sure I posted this in the wrong thread prior) :)

             

            My name is Frances and my fiance and I have just started to consider/try to determine whether we are going to do a local v.s. destination wedding for March 2012. In researching destinations, we are very interested in Cabo. We have reached out to a few planners and are currently awaiting a preliminary proposal.  While it appears positive that we may be able to afford hosting a wedding/reception in Cabo, we have a concern relating to guests. We would definitely want to give guests at least 11-12 months to prepare/save. But the concern i have is, how much is too much to expect someone to be willing to pay to attend. I definitely understand that some will and some will not be able to attend but for those that do want to attend and plan to save in order to attend, how much it too much to expect them to pay for hotel and airfare.


             




            #366 Pucca

            Pucca
            • Jr. Member
            • 485 posts

              Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:50 PM



              Originally Posted by plantcityhome 

              Hello,

              This is my very first post (with 2nd time posting this message and I am pretty sure I posted this in the wrong thread prior) :)

               

              My name is Frances and my fiance and I have just started to consider/try to determine whether we are going to do a local v.s. destination wedding for March 2012. In researching destinations, we are very interested in Cabo. We have reached out to a few planners and are currently awaiting a preliminary proposal.  While it appears positive that we may be able to afford hosting a wedding/reception in Cabo, we have a concern relating to guests. We would definitely want to give guests at least 11-12 months to prepare/save. But the concern i have is, how much is too much to expect someone to be willing to pay to attend. I definitely understand that some will and some will not be able to attend but for those that do want to attend and plan to save in order to attend, how much it too much to expect them to pay for hotel and airfare.

               

              Congratulations Frances! Good luck planning!


               



              #367 plantcityhome

              plantcityhome
              • Newbie
              • 68 posts

                Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:06 AM

                We got our proposal (regarding hosting ceremony and reception) at Dreams Los Cabos!!

                 

                Good News.....The proposal was great, in line with our budget and there was lots of room for flexiblity which we were really excited about.

                 

                Bad news......the estimate cost for guests (airfare/hotel) is too dang high :( Over 2K for a 3 or 4 night stay.

                 

                Have to take some time and re-group.



                #368 proti007

                proti007
                • Jr. Member
                • 467 posts

                  Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:06 AM

                  Wowza! Where are you and your guest flying from? Ours are staying for 7 nights at Dreams, with airfare from Calgary/Edmonton/Toronto, the packages ranged from $1500-$1750.
                   

                  Originally Posted by plantcityhome 

                  We got our proposal (regarding hosting ceremony and reception) at Dreams Los Cabos!!

                   

                  Good News.....The proposal was great, in line with our budget and there was lots of room for flexiblity which we were really excited about.

                   

                  Bad news......the estimate cost for guests (airfare/hotel) is too dang high :( Over 2K for a 3 or 4 night stay.

                   

                  Have to take some time and re-group.





                  #369 plantcityhome

                  plantcityhome
                  • Newbie
                  • 68 posts

                    Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:11 AM

                    WOWZA, is right!! LOL

                     

                    Most would be flying out of Baltimore, MD



                    #370 sesiliamadrigal

                    sesiliamadrigal
                    • Newbie
                    • 11 posts

                      Posted 09 February 2011 - 09:22 AM

                      Hey Pucca,

                       

                      Okay so I was referred by my resort a florist called Floreria Colores Del Desierto, Margarita Alarcon (

                      Hi again!

                       

                      That's disappointing. I was hoping that Costco would be a bit more helpful. We have been trying to talk to Florenta Flower Design but we haven't been able to get any satisfactory response from them. Sooooo.....our hunt for a florist continues. So, please, let me know indeed when you find a florist you're happy with, and I will do the same! Good luck!!
                       

                      Originally Posted by sesiliamadrigal 

                       

                      Hello Pucca, It's weird but the Costco does not work with the Costco in Losb Cabos. So I contacted the Los Cabos Costco and they can order roses but they only have a small selection. I'm contacting different florist right now to see what the price difference are. Once I find out what vendor I chose to use I will let you know.




                       

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Pucca 

                      Just curious as to whether or not you were able to get a quote from Costco for flowers. I asked Costco if they shipped bulk flower orders to the Costco in Los Cabos so I could pick it up but they said no. Then I asked if they shipped bulk orders to Mexico, and no answer. Soooo.....I'd be interested in seeing what response you got. Thanks!!


                       





                      Back to Destination Wedding in Cabo


                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users