Post Here if You Are Getting Married in Cabo!

ACDCDCAC

Hello Cabo Brides!

I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread yet!  I am getting married on June 18, 2011 at Cabo Azul Resort. 

So far, here's what we have:

• Florist: Leoan, Emporio Arte Floral
  • Music:  DJ Joaquin for the ceremony/reception; Daryl Currie (Jack Johnson and Spanish guitar) for the cocktail
  • Rehearsal Dinner: Tequila's
  • Makeup and Hair:  Suzanne Morel
  • Photographer: Alec and T.
  • Bridesmaids lunch: either CAR spa terrace or Cippers on the beach
  • Colors: Kelly green, navy blue and white with some hot pink accents
  • Bridesmaid dresses: short, strapless, navy blue
  • My dress: Badgley Mischka Fifi
  • STD boarding passes (Zazzle)
  • Invitations (Oblations)

We are so excited!!!  Good luck with your planning, everyone!

Congratulation Lisa you seem like you are very organised!

Originally Posted by LisaandJeff View Post

Hello Cabo Brides!

I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread yet!  I am getting married on June 18, 2011 at Cabo Azul Resort. 

So far, here's what we have:

• Florist: Leoan, Emporio Arte Floral
  • Music:  DJ Joaquin for the ceremony/reception; Daryl Currie (Jack Johnson and Spanish guitar) for the cocktail
  • Rehearsal Dinner: Tequila's
  • Makeup and Hair:  Suzanne Morel
  • Photographer: Alec and T.
  • Bridesmaids lunch: either CAR spa terrace or Cippers on the beach
  • Colors: Kelly green, navy blue and white with some hot pink accents
  • Bridesmaid dresses: short, strapless, navy blue
  • My dress: Badgley Mischka Fifi
  • STD boarding passes (Zazzle)
  • Invitations (Oblations)

We are so excited!!!  Good luck with your planning, everyone!

Hi, Carly!   Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!  I tried to send you this message privately, but for some reason, it wouldn't work, so I'm replying to your post instead.   I got married at the Barcelo about a month ago.  Ana was HORRIBLE!!!!  She never got back to me about anything!  I tried to put down a deposit for about 3 months, and I never ended up putting one down.  I was worried that there would be no wedding without putting down a deposit, but I was worried for nothing.   I had two guests that were staying elsewhere.  I was supposed to pay for a day pass for both of them for the rehearsal dinner and for the wedding.  Ana was supposed to charge it to my room, but she's so disorganized that they never ended up charging me!  They also forgot to charge me for the hors d'ouvres that we had immediately after the ceremony, the guests beyond the allotted number with our wedding package and some other miscellaneous items.  I think that we saved about $2,000 because of Ana's incompetence!!!  Your guests could probably walk right in, as long as they head out straight to the ceremony.  Just in case they get caught, I think that you should tell them to tell the staff that their day passes were supposed to be charged to your room.  Hopefully, they'll get in for free, but be prepared to pay for them if you need to.  Our guests didn't have any issues.  They even hung out with all of us at the hotel bars afterwards on both evenings, ordering drinks and everything!  They were never checked for wristbands, but...you never know!!!   Ana has no idea what she is doing.  She told me that they could only have white decorations (chair ties, etc.).  I later found out that they had blue, pink and some other colors.  I ended up bringing my own brown chair ties and napkins, and they bought them from me, so now they have brown too.  She told me that everyone had to have the same meal.  After speaking to another bride that got married there, I found out that they could offer options.  Ana was dead against it, but I told her that I would make sure that the servers knew what to seve everyone.  I made little place cards with a chicken/cow/vegetable/fish on it so that the staff would know what to serve the guest.  All of the food was AMAZING, so don't worry about the quality.  They did a really great job plating everything too!   Make sure that you cc every email to the concierge and the person in charge of guest relations (I don't remember the name/email).  By doing this, Ana will respond to your emails, although she will probably still make mistakes, even if they are on the email to which she is responding.  I complained to both of her bosses, and when we arrived to the Barcelo, we were put up in one of the honeymoon suites and our wristbands were upgraded.  That was AWESOME, but I would have rather had a competent person to work with than a great room.   In the end, everything was beautiful and everything went smoothly.  Be sure that you tell your outside vendors (hair, flowers, photographer, etc.) your room number when you arrive so that they can deal directly with you and come up to your room without checking in at the front desk.  You never know--a bride I emailed said that Barcelo tried to charge their vendors with a day pass.    Also, you may want to think about getting a cake from somewhere else--the Barcelo cakes are not really like tiered wedding cakes.  We ordered ours from cabodessertdiva.com.  It was AWESOME and beautiful.   Feel free to contact me with any other questions you may have.  You can email me at pgeisse@aol.com.   Good luck!  Don't worry, everything will turn out okay!!!!!   Pilar

Sorry to hear that you had such a stressful time, but at least you saved some money!!!

Originally Posted by pil1 View Post

Hi, Carly!   Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!  I tried to send you this message privately, but for some reason, it wouldn't work, so I'm replying to your post instead.   I got married at the Barcelo about a month ago.  Ana was HORRIBLE!!!!  She never got back to me about anything!  I tried to put down a deposit for about 3 months, and I never ended up putting one down.  I was worried that there would be no wedding without putting down a deposit, but I was worried for nothing.   I had two guests that were staying elsewhere.  I was supposed to pay for a day pass for both of them for the rehearsal dinner and for the wedding.  Ana was supposed to charge it to my room, but she's so disorganized that they never ended up charging me!  They also forgot to charge me for the hors d'ouvres that we had immediately after the ceremony, the guests beyond the allotted number with our wedding package and some other miscellaneous items.  I think that we saved about $2,000 because of Ana's incompetence!!!  Your guests could probably walk right in, as long as they head out straight to the ceremony.  Just in case they get caught, I think that you should tell them to tell the staff that their day passes were supposed to be charged to your room.  Hopefully, they'll get in for free, but be prepared to pay for them if you need to.  Our guests didn't have any issues.  They even hung out with all of us at the hotel bars afterwards on both evenings, ordering drinks and everything!  They were never checked for wristbands, but...you never know!!!   Ana has no idea what she is doing.  She told me that they could only have white decorations (chair ties, etc.).  I later found out that they had blue, pink and some other colors.  I ended up bringing my own brown chair ties and napkins, and they bought them from me, so now they have brown too.  She told me that everyone had to have the same meal.  After speaking to another bride that got married there, I found out that they could offer options.  Ana was dead against it, but I told her that I would make sure that the servers knew what to seve everyone.  I made little place cards with a chicken/cow/vegetable/fish on it so that the staff would know what to serve the guest.  All of the food was AMAZING, so don't worry about the quality.  They did a really great job plating everything too!   Make sure that you cc every email to the concierge and the person in charge of guest relations (I don't remember the name/email).  By doing this, Ana will respond to your emails, although she will probably still make mistakes, even if they are on the email to which she is responding.  I complained to both of her bosses, and when we arrived to the Barcelo, we were put up in one of the honeymoon suites and our wristbands were upgraded.  That was AWESOME, but I would have rather had a competent person to work with than a great room.   In the end, everything was beautiful and everything went smoothly.  Be sure that you tell your outside vendors (hair, flowers, photographer, etc.) your room number when you arrive so that they can deal directly with you and come up to your room without checking in at the front desk.  You never know--a bride I emailed said that Barcelo tried to charge their vendors with a day pass.    Also, you may want to think about getting a cake from somewhere else--the Barcelo cakes are not really like tiered wedding cakes.  We ordered ours from cabodessertdiva.com.  It was AWESOME and beautiful.   Feel free to contact me with any other questions you may have.  You can email me at pgeisse@aol.com.   Good luck!  Don't worry, everything will turn out okay!!!!!   Pilar

Hello,

This is my very first post (with 2nd time posting this message and I am pretty sure I posted this in the wrong thread prior) :)

My name is Frances and my fiance and I have just started to consider/try to determine whether we are going to do a local v.s. destination wedding for March 2012. In researching destinations, we are very interested in Cabo. We have reached out to a few planners and are currently awaiting a preliminary proposal.  While it appears positive that we may be able to afford hosting a wedding/reception in Cabo, we have a concern relating to guests. We would definitely want to give guests at least 11-12 months to prepare/save. But the concern i have is, how much is too much to expect someone to be willing to pay to attend. I definitely understand that some will and some will not be able to attend but for those that do want to attend and plan to save in order to attend, how much it too much to expect them to pay for hotel and airfare.

Hi Frances!

In discussions with my friends and family, they really wanted to keep it to around 1500 for all inclusive hotel and flights. That is why I went with the Riu Palace to keep it to about those costs. The Riu Santa Fe is also cheaper, depending on your price range. It really depends on what your guests feel are a reasonable cost! We definitely didn't want it near the 2000 dollar mark. Good luck with your planning!

Hi, Congratulations and welcome to the forum!  It is your wedding you cant stress too much about your guest the people who want to be there will be and remember it is also a great holiday for them with discounted hotel rates!  We live in Australia and are getting married at Dreams in cabo on 11th April 2011 we gave all our guest more than a year's notice and have set up a website where i have posted any great flight deals that i have found from england and australia (my Fi is from england) we got a good deal on rooms as we were booking a min of 12 rooms, we used a travel agent from this forum.  I am so excited about my destination wedding!  Good luck!
Quote:

Originally Posted by plantcityhome View Post

Hello,

This is my very first post (with 2nd time posting this message and I am pretty sure I posted this in the wrong thread prior) :)

My name is Frances and my fiance and I have just started to consider/try to determine whether we are going to do a local v.s. destination wedding for March 2012. In researching destinations, we are very interested in Cabo. We have reached out to a few planners and are currently awaiting a preliminary proposal.  While it appears positive that we may be able to afford hosting a wedding/reception in Cabo, we have a concern relating to guests. We would definitely want to give guests at least 11-12 months to prepare/save. But the concern i have is, how much is too much to expect someone to be willing to pay to attend. I definitely understand that some will and some will not be able to attend but for those that do want to attend and plan to save in order to attend, how much it too much to expect them to pay for hotel and airfare.