Photo

Hello from Houston

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 HoustonBoudoir

HoustonBoudoir
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:22 PM

Hi everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm the principal photographer in both my wedding and portrait photography business (Norma Schutt Photography) as well as my boudoir photography business (Houston Boudoir Photography) in the Houston, Texas area.

I majored in art way back in school but never took very many formal photography classes. Mostly, I'm self-taught when it comes to cameras and love to go to workshops and hang out on various forums to pick up new ideas and tips and tricks. Because of my love of art, I've always enjoyed manipulating my photos and making them appear as paintings. Now, I'm finally getting to do it for others and I couldn't be happier.

My work has been keeping me so busy lately I sometimes struggle to balance work and family life. This is my first weekend I've had off in several weeks and I loved hanging out with my hubby of 10 years and catching up on my Tivo'd TV shows.

Norma

#2 mpajkos

mpajkos
    • 359 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:28 PM

Hope you get some great ideas from the forum!

#3 RedDiamond

RedDiamond
      • Banned
      • 242 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 08:15 PM

Nice work! Welcome to the forums. I'm sure you'll get to meet a number of ladies from here. I've seen requests for Texas boudoir photographers around a lot.

#4 Kathie

Kathie
        • 2,654 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 08:26 PM

Hi. Welcome to the forum.

#5 cdc0427

cdc0427
          • 330 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 08:56 PM

Hello and Welcome. Do you know any Boudoir Photographers in Pittsburgh?

#6 HoustonBoudoir

HoustonBoudoir
            • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:02 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by cdc0427
              Hello and Welcome. Do you know any Boudoir Photographers in Pittsburgh?
              I don't know any personally in Pittsburgh but you might start with a search on the Boudoir Photographers Network. Then, do your homework to find one with the style you like that you feel comfortable with.

If you have any questions during your search for your boudoir photographer, please give me a call. I'd love to chat with anyone who wants some honest woman-to-woman talk no matter what area you're looking in. I have a real passion for what I do. I feel very strongly about making sure the women who come in for these very personal sessions are properly taken care of as most of them are doing something completely out of their comfort zone.

Norma
              281-969-8257

#7 Denise40

Denise40
              • 407 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:11 PM

Welcome to the forum! What part of Houston are you in? I have thought about doing something like this for my dh of 25 years, but I feel like I would be too old to do this and definitely not in shape. LOL. I live north of Houston.

#8 Kathie

Kathie
                • 2,654 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:34 PM

Welcome to the forum.

#9 Morton-Woods

Morton-Woods
                  • 301 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 02:40 AM

to the forum!

#10 Angel

Angel