What is your wedding diet?

meghanmbm

I am 5'5 and 145 lbs. I started my new diet this week. I have cut my calories to 1500 a day, 1800 if I have a good workout (these numbers were recommended by a dietician friend of mine). I have started to walk my dog every evening for half an hour to 45 mins and I do some other workout at least every other day (elliptical, tae bo, etc.). I'm hoping to lose 1 pound a week. I record all my food on a website called www.thedailyplate.com. If anyone is calorie-counting this site is a great help.

WARNING!! Over this summer I got on a "kick" and for a little over a month I only ate 1200 calories a day and ran almost every day, as well as other exercise. I lost 12 lbs in a month. However, like the dietician told me I would, I put it all back on and then some when I "fell off the wagon"!!! Be careful if you are trying to lose too much weight too fast!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point in my life I am the heaviest I have ever been. Im 5'1 so being short doesnt help when I gain weight. I want to lose 40 to 50 lbs by our wedding in October 2009. I know I can do it...I am going to get on the elliptical machine I have in the basement 3 x a week and press play on those slim in 6 dvd

Any suggestions would be great.

This is not my pre wedding diet, but I did this to drop weight before going on vacation to Cabo. oatmeal, 1/2 bagel w/ fruit spread no butter, chicken and vegetable or salad and whole wheat pasta. My snacks included apples, grapes, low fat yogurt, bell peppers, cucumber, carrots, celery and the 100 calorie snack bags. I did not work-out (I'm lazy) but I lost about 2.5 lbs per week and was never hungry

My weight loss plan is actually pretty simple and basic, but it is working so well!! I've lost 17.5 pounds in about two months, hope to lose another 15 to 20 (my bmi will be "normal" after another 15). Basically, I eat breakfast now, never did before - I have a protein shake every morning, which is made using skim milk, fat free yogurt, frozen fruit and all-natural whey proten powder. I eat salads for lunch (but they're huge), and control my dinner portions. I also don't eat within 2 hours of going to bed. I hadn't been working out until this week - now I'm trying to get 30 minutes of cardio in three to four times a week, and weights for 20 minutes on the same schedule.

For me, the key has been to take a no-gimmicks approach - eat healthy food, smaller portions, and move more. lol But seriously, the weight has been melting off! I'm down two dress sizes already! :)

Angela-

I am doing the same thing except for breakfast I am not doing the shakes but just one egg and a piece of toast. I actually am not wanting to lose a lot of weight but it is just melting off. I am going to the gym doing about a 30 minute workout just to clear my head of everything that is going on. In fact I just finished my last invitation and I am in serious need of letting go of some steam (my mom is helping and it has been a challenge sad.gif) ) Anyway to anyone out there that just wants to be healthy it really isn't that hard to choose the salad over the hamburger, all you have to do is put your mind to it.

I swear by the South Beach Diet!

I'm not one to get all worked up about my 'weight' per say…to me the number on the scale isn't the important thing. I find it is much more rewarding to watch my weekly measurements go down…I avoid scales at all costs! LOL! To be honest, when I'm working out and exercising more it is quite normal for my inches to go down but my weight to go up since I'm putting on lean muscle which is replacing the chub. So for me it is definitely a negative to be basing my diet and exercise regime around the number on the scale. Anyways ~ with that being said, I tried the South Beach Diet out last spring after going on a family vacation with my fiancé's family…his brother had just dropped 20lbs in 2 weeks and looked amazing just by following the diet which completely eliminates all food items high in sugars and most carbs aside from vegetables low in carbs. My Fiancé and I tried it and had similar results…it was easy to do especially in the summer since most meals consist of yummy grilled meats and delicious veggie options, we both shed inches without any exercise! It was crazy!! There are 3 phases to the diet: Phase 1 - where you completely eliminate all sugars and carbs, you are suppose to stay on this phase for a minimum of 2 weeks (I stayed on it for 1 month) Phase 2 - you experiment with foods like complex carbs (whole grain breads & pastas) and fruits and find out what foods your body reacts negatively to and then in Phase 3 - you have the knowledge of what kinds of foods your body needs to maintain a healthy well balanced diet. AND the best part is that of course we're all going to fall off the band wagon once in a while throughout life when things like Thanksgiving, Christmas or a good "Girls Night Out" take place, but it's so easy to just go back to Phase 1 for a week to get back on track again… I just bought the book and followed the menu and food guides, but you can check out the website for yourself: http://www.southbeachdiet.com

Not to sound like an infomercial…but honestly if my Fiancé and I can follow this diet anyone can!! Neither of us had been on a diet regime before and we were both successful! We currently follow Phase 3 with no problem and on occasion drop down to Phase 1 when we have our weak moments. I just got a gym membership to tone up and plan on going back to Phase 1 for a while to see what kind of results I can get for the wedding…beach body here I come!!

All the best in wedding planning and achieving that beach bod we are all seeking : )

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...