Sign in to follow this  
sarafish81

Canadians @ Playa Pesquero

Quick question: Do we need our birth certificates for the legal ceremony? Do our witnesses need theirs as well, or are our passports/tourist cards sufficient?

Sara: Here's some info that I got in an e-mail from Yaly...but maybe Connie would be able to confirm for you.

Documents the clients should present

•If the parties are divorced, the divorcee status certification.

•If the parties are widowed, the widowed certification and death certification of the former spouse.

•All documents have to be handed in the original language, translated into Spanish and legalized in the Cuban Consulate in your country.

•If the parties are single, no documents required just valid passports.

Note: Bookings must specify clients will celebrate their wedding in the hotel

Maybe Julie knows the answerhuh.gif

Another question!! Connie, I know you said to expect no appliances to work, but, if you were to plug something in, would you need a transformer?

Eek!! I'm a month away!!

smile72.gif

You just need your passport and tourist visa. You need some info to fill out the forms though, I filled them out beforehand and emailed them to her, and I brought copies with me just incase. I think some birth certificate info might have been on the form. It was just a 1 page thing though and didn't really require all that much info.

Thanks Julie - I think she sent that to us already (an excel document?) that we filled out for us and our witnesses and sent back. I will be sure to bring copies to the resort too. I have a binder full of wedding stuff. My wedding bible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafish81 View Post
Thanks Julie - I think she sent that to us already (an excel document?) that we filled out for us and our witnesses and sent back. I will be sure to bring copies to the resort too. I have a binder full of wedding stuff. My wedding bible!
That is it, that and your passports and tourist visa's are ALL YOU NEED. Its great and sooo easy. You have to wait a little bit to get your certificate when you get back, and then you use it to change your name. It was sooo easy. The only thing is waiting for your certificate, but it doesn't take that long at all.