468 replies to this topic

#41 teacherbride

teacherbride
  • 354 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:35 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JTAlberta
    teacherbride:
    I am speechless....you looked beautiful! Your whole wedding looked amazing!!
    Dan Harper did an Awesome job!!
    Congrats, once again........
    Thanks so much, I am also speechless when I look at those photos. He had those together for us 3 days after we got back from Cuba. By the end of the month he said he'll have about 700 more!!!

We were really so happy, the whole wedding was just magical. Just remember that all the planning will be crazy but the day of will be so magical that any little flaw will seem like nothing as long as you remember the big picture.

#42 K'osh

K'osh
    • 269 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:52 AM

JTAlberta
      Yaly finally got back to me about the free weddings..here is what she said:
      "For Canadians coming to the hotel from May 1st to October 31st with a group of 20 or more persons the basic wedding package is free of charge. It must be stated in the reservation, that you are all part of the wedding group."

The free part will be what JulieG mentioned before...You will still have to pay for the beach BBQ. Yaly has sent me an information package that I can e-mail to you if you like.
      So I guess I am now changing my wedding date to May...oh well...at least we save a little money.
      http://tickers.Ticke....9e4d/event.png

36 people + Bride & Groom are coming to Cuba!!!

#43 JTAlberta

JTAlberta
      • 54 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:05 PM

K"osh:
        This is great news. Can you please e-mail the information Yaly sent you regarding the free weeding packages?
        My e-mail address is jilltancock@hotmail.com
        Thank-you very much, this is a great help!
        Lovin Married Life!

#44 K'osh

K'osh
        • 269 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:01 PM

Jill:
          I've sent everything you're way...including the original wedding package she sent me.
          http://tickers.Ticke....9e4d/event.png

36 people + Bride & Groom are coming to Cuba!!!

#45 sarafish81

sarafish81
          • 353 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 02:47 PM

Connie, one question I forgot to ask is how bad were the mosquitos when you were there? I've heard that the resort has had a new crop come in with all the hurricanes. My concern is ourselves and our guests getting eaten alive during the ceremony and beach bbq...

#46 teacherbride

teacherbride
            • 354 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:18 PM

I didn't actually see a single mosquito while we were there, other than our rehearsal on the beach at dusk. I did end up with a lot of bites though. At one point I had 14 bites on one foot! Definitely make sure your guests pack repellent and after bite. I think we got most of the bites at the restaurants during that short dusk time. I didn't find the reception on the beach to be worse than any other night for mosquitos.

#47 sarafish81

sarafish81
              • 353 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:24 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by teacherbride
                I didn't actually see a single mosquito while we were there, other than our rehearsal on the beach at dusk. I did end up with a lot of bites though. At one point I had 14 bites on one foot! Definitely make sure your guests pack repellent and after bite. I think we got most of the bites at the restaurants during that short dusk time. I didn't find the reception on the beach to be worse than any other night for mosquitos.
                Good to know - thanks! I keep trying to post to your TTD photo thread but it doesn't seem to be working...I just wanted to say thanks so much for posting those photos as my FI is now all over the TTD session! Our photographer is my brother's GF and she is jazzed about the whole thing too! I'm headed out to Winnipeg to visit my MOH this weekend and get her dress (hopefully!) - hope it's not too cold!

#48 JulieG

JulieG
                • VIP Member
                • 8,323 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:23 PM

You got a rehearsal That is awesome, they did not do them when I got married there.

We bought repellent and put it on each of the tables at our wedding reception because at night is when the bugs get bad. They were not too bad, but the spray did help.

#49 teacherbride

teacherbride
                  • 354 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:31 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by sarafish81
                    Good to know - thanks! I keep trying to post to your TTD photo thread but it doesn't seem to be working...I just wanted to say thanks so much for posting those photos as my FI is now all over the TTD session! Our photographer is my brother's GF and she is jazzed about the whole thing too! I'm headed out to Winnipeg to visit my MOH this weekend and get her dress (hopefully!) - hope it's not too cold!
                    I've been trying to check that post but it won't let me look at it! Weird. Is there anything you would like from me while you're in Winnipeg? I have those brochures and some left-over OOT bag stuff. It's actually pretty warm here right now, just REALLY icy!

#50 sarafish81

sarafish81
                    • 353 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:42 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by teacherbride
                      I've been trying to check that post but it won't let me look at it! Weird. Is there anything you would like from me while you're in Winnipeg? I have those brochures and some left-over OOT bag stuff. It's actually pretty warm here right now, just REALLY icy!
                      That is so sweet, thanks for offering! I think I'll be ok though. If I come home with any more OOT bag stuff my FI will change the locks LOL
                      I hope it stays warm while I'm there - I've been to Winnipeg in the winter before and it's always been nice. People think I'm crazy for going there in the winter but truth be told, I love Winnipeg! I'm so excited to see my MOH and meet her daughter (who I've never met before!) - she will be 9 months at the wedding. Can't wait to find her a cute flower girl dress - I think she will steal the show!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users