Photo

Canadians @ Playa Pesquero

• Please log in to reply
468 replies to this topic

#191 Crystalballl

Crystalballl
  • 406 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:26 PM

She got back to me with the pkgs and stuff. So it's definitely a start.
    I think we already knew what we wanted anyways lol
    Think we're definitely going to go with the Beach BBQ aswell. I just think its' beautiful!

#192 Crystalballl

Crystalballl
    • 406 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:04 AM

So I'm wondering. What kind of flowers do they have to make your bouquet and such?
      I know what I want in my head, will they try and make what I would like??

#193 JulieG

JulieG
      • VIP Member
      • 8,323 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:38 AM

I brought pictures of the bouquet I wanted and they did their best to replicate it. You have to keep in mind that they don't have all the flowers, etc.. but they did a great job with mine and they smelled amazing. I had to tell them I didn't want any of the plastic stuff they put it in or the ribbon they use, I brought mine own and they used it and did a great job. I brought my own ribbon for all the bouquets and the bouts and they used it and did a great job with all of it.

#194 Crystalballl

Crystalballl
        • 406 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:10 AM

Alright that sounds good. How many days were u there before you got married? how long does it take them to make them?
          The way I'd like my bouquet is very simple really.

#195 sarafish81

sarafish81
          • 353 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:08 PM

I emailed Yaly before we arrived and she said they didn't have pictures of the flowers available, but my options would be tropical flowers or roses. I brought some pictures of the flowers I had in mind, and asked for tropical flowers with pink and orange. This was my bouquet, which arrived about 30 mins before the ceremony!

Click the image to open in full size.

We also ordered boutinneires (sp?) for DH and his best man, a bouquet for my MOH and wrist corsages for our moms. The boutinneires and wrist corsages were basic white roses and my MOH's bouquet was basically a smaller version of mine. I hear you Julie about the ribbon LOL it was a little much but I didn't mind. I think my mom "lost" her wrist corsage somewhere between the ceremony and reception. It was huge. Almost the length of her forearm!

#196 JulieG

JulieG
            • VIP Member
            • 8,323 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:28 PM

Here is my bouquet
              Graber_CJ_364

And the BM bouquets were smaller versions of mine, which is what I asked for. The bout was a single white rose. The corsages were pretty huge, I am not sure our mom's wore them for very long, I can't remember.

Our flowers actually came kinda late, about 10 mins before the wedding, but it didn't matter, they came and that was all I cared about.

#197 K'osh

K'osh
              • 269 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:42 PM

I really wanted gerberas in my bouquet kind of like the following:

Just not sure if I will be able to get them down there (I haven't seen them in any photos). I think I'll be bringing fake ones down and use the free flowers on the tables somehow.
                http://tickers.Ticke....9e4d/event.png

36 people + Bride & Groom are coming to Cuba!!!

#198 teacherbride

teacherbride
                • 354 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:16 PM

These were my flowers.

We brought them with us and ordered corsages and bout's for family and groomsmen but they never showed up. It was kind of sad b/c the groom and his groomsmen were wearing the exact same outfit. Would have been nice is DH had a corsage to make him stand out a little. We were compensated with the most awkward massages ever!

Oh well, I was really glad I brought my own flowers!

p.s. my flowers are still for sale if anyone's interested :)

#199 sarafish81

sarafish81
                  • 353 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:27 PM

LOL I have to hijack for a moment. Connie, my SIL had a HORRIBLE massage as well. She said the guy started massaging her abdomen (which I've never heard of) and then had her lying on the table on her stomach with her head hanging over the table (so it was at an angle to her body). She could feel the blood rushing to her head and afterwards felt ill. Poor girl. Turned me off from wanting to get one. Very awkward.

#200 Crystalballl

Crystalballl
                    • 406 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:47 PM

All those bouquets are just beautiful. So I really don't think I'll be disappointed at all!
                      I truly want White Roses for mine. Always been a dream of mine ot have a White Rose bouquet. Sounds simple, but it's my favourite flower.
                      Although I did want Orange to be one of my wedding colours. Orange is just so tropical, and I truly want a tropical wedding.
                      I'm really loving Hibiscus flowers right now. (I'm actually looking to buy a tree for my house)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users