Canadians @ Playa Pesquero

• Please log in to reply
468 replies to this topic

#11 JulieG

JulieG
  • VIP Member
  • 8,323 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:39 PM

I asked about a Huppa and they don't have one. They only have the arch.

The resort provides the brides bouquet and the grooms bout as part of the wedding package. I think I paid $8 for each BM bouquet and around $1 for the bouts. I brought pictures of what I wanted and they did there best to make them for me. They were very nice and I was really happy with them.

I think I answered all the questions, let me know if you have anymore.

#12 JulieG

JulieG
    • VIP Member
    • 8,323 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:42 PM

Oh, music. I hired the band for the ceremony and I asked for traditional Cuban music, but they will play anything you ask, and I think it was like $60 or less. For the reception I burned all my own cd's and the DJ played those. We typed out what was on every one of them so people could request songs and had a separate cd for our first dance and mom and son dance, etc. I also had separate cd's for dinner music. The DJ was great and did what we asked. I gave him all the cd's at the end because their music selection is pretty slim. So I say bring whatever you want them to play.

#13 teacherbride

teacherbride
      • 354 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:00 PM

Perfect!!! Thanks so much!

#14 sarafish81

sarafish81
        • 353 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:14 PM

Just wondering how long it took to get a response from Yaly the first time you contacted her via email? I'm thinking Cuba, like Mexico, runs on "island time" and it may take awhile...thanks!

#15 teacherbride

teacherbride
          • 354 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 03:56 PM

I've emailed her a couple times and it usually takes about a week for her to get back to me.

#16 JulieG

JulieG
            • VIP Member
            • 8,323 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:18 PM

In the beginning it took a while, sometimes a week, but once we got to know each other it was a lot faster. If you are not a high maintenance bride and are really nice to her, you seem to get your responses faster. I am the same way though, the more I like you the faster I am at replying. :)

#17 sarafish81

sarafish81
              • 353 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:30 PM

LOL thanks you guys...I hope I'm not too high-maintenance. I just have had such bad luck with our original planner/travel agent and I'm hoping it won't be the same. I won't freak out...yet!

#18 JulieG

JulieG
                • VIP Member
                • 8,323 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 05:33 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by sarafish81
                  LOL thanks you guys...I hope I'm not too high-maintenance. I just have had such bad luck with our original planner/travel agent and I'm hoping it won't be the same. I won't freak out...yet!
                  You do not need to freak out or worry about Yaly, she is amazing at her job. I bet she is just busy, I know a lot of brides getting married there.

#19 sarafish81

sarafish81
                  • 353 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 05:29 PM

I'm happy to say I heard from Yaly today and everyone is right, she is lovely to deal with.
                    Unfortunately, the time available for the date I want is 10:00am which is not ideal, so I've asked her what is available on April 18 instead. I know 10:00am might be nice in that it won't be too hot, but then what to do for the rest of the day until the reception?
                    Anyhow, faith is restored...thanks girls!

#20 JulieG

JulieG
                    • VIP Member
                    • 8,323 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:20 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by sarafish81
                      I'm happy to say I heard from Yaly today and everyone is right, she is lovely to deal with.
                      Unfortunately, the time available for the date I want is 10:00am which is not ideal, so I've asked her what is available on April 18 instead. I know 10:00am might be nice in that it won't be too hot, but then what to do for the rest of the day until the reception?
                      Anyhow, faith is restored...thanks girls!
                      I agree that 10 AM seems like an odd time. I guess people just go on with their day and come back for dinner, but that means you will be in your dress all day. Would your hair and make-up hold for dinner? But you are right, it will be a little cooler. I got married at 4 and I think it was perfect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users