Jump to content

Photo

Canadians @ Playa Pesquero


  • Please log in to reply
468 replies to this topic

#121 carod69

carod69
  • Newbie
  • 12 posts

    Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:48 PM

    Thanks Connie and Sara.

    I have asked to see if we can get a later ceremony since my wedding group is very small but I am not sure they can accomodate me. I really am trying hard to not worry about a thing. My soon to be husband is not worried one iota but then he hasnt done any of the arrangements etc. Men LOL. I guess he figures since we have been together for 11 years and have 2 kids that we really are already married. Deep down though I think he is a little excited!!

    Sara, how big is your wedding group?

    I only have 10 in total as some of my friends work for the school board and could not get the time off, some of them recently lost jobs and cant afford to come etc. Its a bad time for several of our friends.

    I also I bought the girls blue and cream sea shell bracelets/anklets and have some really nice little white bags to put them in. I just cant figure out what to put in with them? Any ideas?

    Thanks again girls

    PS I really like the sand idea - where did you look to buy the sand and glassware? I saw one in a frame with a picture and really liked that idea. I was thinking on havng 4 separate colours one for each of us and one for each of our kids. I just havent found it anywhere I have been shopping.

    #122 sarafish81

    sarafish81
    • Jr. Member
    • 353 posts

      Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:44 AM

      Our wedding group is also on the smaller size. 15 people including us and my MOH's 9 month old (our flower girl!). I'm off searching for sand ceremony stuff this weekend. I think I saw colored sand at Michael's and I bet I could find glassware at the dollar store...
      Connie, I just saw you posted your after-wedding items for sale! You've got some great stuff; I'm sure it won't take long for you to sell all of it. Plus, paypal is super easy.



      #123 teacherbride

      teacherbride
      • Jr. Member
      • 354 posts

        Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:12 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by sarafish81
        Our wedding group is also on the smaller size. 15 people including us and my MOH's 9 month old (our flower girl!). I'm off searching for sand ceremony stuff this weekend. I think I saw colored sand at Michael's and I bet I could find glassware at the dollar store...
        Connie, I just saw you posted your after-wedding items for sale! You've got some great stuff; I'm sure it won't take long for you to sell all of it. Plus, paypal is super easy.

        Thanks, I'm glad you're telling me paypal is easy. I've sent money before but have no idea how to receive it. Guess I have my work cut out for me today :)

        #124 krayzeekitty

        krayzeekitty
        • Jr. Member
        • 199 posts

          Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:15 PM

          Hi fellow pp brides and b2b's. Congrats to all! Has anyone strictly used the resort photographer and not brought their own? If so what were the pictures like and were you able to do a TTD session on a seperate day? This forum is great and this thread is wonderful!! Thanks in advance!
          http://tickers.Ticke....05c0/event.png


          Looking to share photographer week of January 16, 2010 Holguin, Cuba

          #125 carod69

          carod69
          • Newbie
          • 12 posts

            Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:12 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by krayzeekitty
            Hi fellow pp brides and b2b's. Congrats to all! Has anyone strictly used the resort photographer and not brought their own? If so what were the pictures like and were you able to do a TTD session on a seperate day? This forum is great and this thread is wonderful!! Thanks in advance!

            You took the words right out of my mouth. I was just wondering the exact same thing. I cant wait to TTD afterwards. I think the pics will be so worth it. I am not bringing a separate photographer so I hope the hotel's can take good pics. I am looking forward to responses on this post cause I leave a week from today.

            #126 JulieG

            JulieG
            • VIP Member
            • 8,323 posts

              Posted 12 April 2009 - 04:49 PM

              The resort photographer is just a man with a camera, I would not even call him a photographer. SOOOO, it all depends on what kind of pics you want. It was included in our package, so he took pics as well as our photog and I must tell you there were pretty terrible, so boring and cheesy posey, that I actually had to tell him (very nicely) that we did not want to do some of his poses. He has a list he runs through and does the same with everyone.

              I don't think he has ever done a TTD, ask Yaly, she would know, but I am sure you can hire him for another day, as long as there is not a wedding on. But again, I don't think the pics would be very good at all.

              It depends on what is important to you, the pics were very high on my list of important things because aside from my husband, they are the only thing I will have forever. So I was not taking any chances and I am glad I didn't.

              #127 krayzeekitty

              krayzeekitty
              • Jr. Member
              • 199 posts

                Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:21 PM

                Thanks for your honesty Julie. Now I really really want to bring a photographer - some how! It seems that most people know someone - we don't unfortunatley. I have heard that some photographers will shoot the wedding for free if you pay their AI. I have 9 months to figure something out any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated!
                http://tickers.Ticke....05c0/event.png


                Looking to share photographer week of January 16, 2010 Holguin, Cuba

                #128 JulieG

                JulieG
                • VIP Member
                • 8,323 posts

                  Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:27 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by krayzeekitty
                  Thanks for your honesty Julie. Now I really really want to bring a photographer - some how! It seems that most people know someone - we don't unfortunatley. I have heard that some photographers will shoot the wedding for free if you pay their AI. I have 9 months to figure something out any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated!
                  Sorry, I didn't want to sound harsh, but I just really wanted you guys to know he is not very good. Cuba is a communist country, so you are told what you are going to school for and what your job will be. So he is not a photographer because he is an artist and this is his passion, its because he was told this is his job. Does that make sense? I say find photographers in your area that are on the new side and ask them if they would do a DW if you pay for their trip, I am sure lots of photographers would do it this way. There are a few Canadian photog's on this site as well, so message them and see what they charge.

                  #129 ltoxopeu

                  ltoxopeu
                  • Newbie
                  • 12 posts

                    Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:02 PM

                    Hi, I hope I'm not intruding on a thread but I am seriously considering getting married at Hotel Playa Pesquero. I've heard some very mixed reviews. Some of them are just FANTASTIC reviews and then others aren't so good. Some people are saying that it isn't at all a 5 star resort and that it's gone downhill. I guess the ones that concerns me most is that people are saying the pools are very dirty and that the food isn't that great.
                    Any comments? I don't mean to scare anyone who's already booked here or rain on anyone's parade. I just would like some honest opinions.

                    Thanks

                    Lori

                    #130 JulieG

                    JulieG
                    • VIP Member
                    • 8,323 posts

                      Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:40 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ltoxopeu
                      Hi, I hope I'm not intruding on a thread but I am seriously considering getting married at Hotel Playa Pesquero. I've heard some very mixed reviews. Some of them are just FANTASTIC reviews and then others aren't so good. Some people are saying that it isn't at all a 5 star resort and that it's gone downhill. I guess the ones that concerns me most is that people are saying the pools are very dirty and that the food isn't that great.
                      Any comments? I don't mean to scare anyone who's already booked here or rain on anyone's parade. I just would like some honest opinions.

                      Thanks

                      Lori
                      Have you ever been to Cuba? If so, then you already know that when it comes to food, Cuba is not the place to go. The food is totally passable and sometimes good, but its a poor country, they do their best to feed us as good as possible with the little resources they have. If you want great food, go to Mexico or somewhere like that, Cuba is not known for their food, coffee and cigars on the other hand are amazing.

                      We did not find the pools to be dirty at all. Also, I totally feel that this is a 5 star hotel. Our wedding was my 4th time in Cuba, so I know how the stars work there (its different in every country) and this is a 5 star Cuban resort without a doubt. If you want a 5 star in Canada or the US, then don't go to Cuba, you won't find amazing chefs, etc.. because they don't exist in Cuba.

                      I have not been there since our wedding, but a friend of ours who came to our wedding was there in February and she said its still amazing, just has less trees and greenery, but they are working on that.

                      So if you want Cuba, its a 5 star and a great resort for sure.

                      P.S. take everything you read on trip advisor with a grain of salt, I have been to many places in many countries that people on there bashed and they were fabulous. I even check out hotels if I am going to another city and then do a review because people on there are sooo jaded and mostly people go on to complain, not to compliment. You will find that everywhere, most people who want to tell their story want to bitch and not say great things.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users