Sign in to follow this  
sarafish81

Canadians @ Playa Pesquero

Sorry Jill it was Crystal...I went back thru all the posts. I was a little disappointed about the dinner, plus I wanted to book an excursion (catamaran, deep sea fishing or jeep safari). Not sure if I'll be able to that either since we're expecting 30-40 people.

Just an FYI - the catamaran may be your best bet for a group that size. We really enjoyed it. We also did the jeep safari with my parents which was super fun. DH and his best man did the deep sea fishing but the water was sooo choppy that day - his best man was heaving over the side of the boat. They ended up coming back to the resort early that day. Too bad because DH was so excited to try it!

Thanks for the info Sara...were you able to pre-book any of your excursions or did you just make sure you were at the reservation spot early. As it stands right now we arrive at 9pm so we won't be able to go until the day after we arrive. Do you remember roughly how much the excursions were...would like to give our guests a heads up on additional costs if they won't to go.

I don't know if you can pre-book your excursions. We also arrived later in the evening and weren't able to book our excursions till the next morning. DH and I were meeting with Yaly during the orientation, so the guests that attended the orientation provided us with the info needed for the excursions.

I believe certain activities run on certain days of the week and the catamaran/lobster lunch/swimming with the dolphins was 100CUC/person. The jeep safari was a bit less (60 CUC).

My husband, and several other men from the group did the deep sea fishing and said it wasnt worth the $$ - we did the catarmaran and we all had a great time that day. I just returned from a week in Cabo and believe it or not a better time was had by all at Playa Pesquero.

My only suggestions would be to have your mom, MOH, someone attend your meeting with Yaly in addition to your DH, so that they are aware of your special details. I had my mom come and she helped me remember a few questions and finalize a few details that (let's face it) my DH wouldn't know about. Recruit a few guests to observe the decorating of your ceremony location and reception location who know what you envision. People will be more than happy to help make your day perfect! Last of all, enjoy!! It will go by in an instant so try to breathe it all in popcorn.gif