Sign in to follow this  
sarafish81

Canadians @ Playa Pesquero

Hey MeganMarie!!

Congrats on setting your wedding date!

I will be getting married Dec 3rd 2009 at pp! You will just miss me! If it makes you feel better. I just sent out my invitations last week. I was getting stressed out about getting my invitations out quick enough so people could save money and get time off. Because I am completely ignorant of anything to do with weddings, I didn't know it takes typically 3-6 week wait for invitations. So after I had my meltdown (because getting the invites I wanted would take too long) I had a friend design a card and then went to a professional printer who printed them out on card paper. Took less than a week. I picked up the envelopes and addressed them by hand on while waiting for the invites to be finished.

They aren't exactly the quality I wanted and if I was huge on etiquette/classiness I wouldn't have gone that way. But they are decent and done!

Lori

I can't remember who mentioned sharing a photographer but it sounds like a great idea! Anyone getting married around Dec 3rd 2009? I still haven't set up a photographer yet but have found some I'm interested in.

Me too I wish! There is a TO photographer I have my heart set on just don't have the money........but maybe if I could share the costs....... keeoing my fingers and toes crossed. I am almost at the 6 months mark now eek!!!!

Yes, photographers are very very pricey. But I say so worth it! Having lots of Pictures is very important to me, so if I could split the costs with someone that would be awesome. Hopefully I have that opportunity.

To Julie/Sara/Connie....I was wondering what kind of stuff they sell at the market on the resort. Was thinking of picking up a few things down there either to put in the OOT bags or as souvenirs for our guests. Should I just bring some trinkets down or do they have some cute stuff?

I've been to Holguin before and I know there aren't a lot of places to buy stuff off the resort.

Thanks for your input ladies!!

There is a market, its not every day though, I can't remember what day it is, but there is also little stores as well. To be honest I never really checked either out, so I don't know what they have or what the prices are. Sorry, hopefully one of the other girls can help you with this one.

Julie's right - there is an outdoor market close to the beer gardens (if you're like me, you'll figure out where the beer garden is right away LOL) - they have different vendors every day and I think it is closed on Sundays. They have some cute jewellery there - my mom bought me a cute bracelet for our legal day. I bought DH a little turtle that I'm going to make into a Christmas ornament (yay arts and crafts - some glue and a hook!) and we got a really cool map that looks like a pirate treasure map of Cuba that we have yet to mat and frame and hang (LOL).

Because the vendors change daily, it is a gamble. For example, my MOH really liked the bracelet that my mom bought me, and the last day we were there, he came back and I was able to buy her a similar one. I would say it is better to bring trinkets, etc. with you for your OOT bags, and if you happen to find cute things at the marketplace, just add them.

As for the shops, again they are by the beer gardens. I didn't go in them but I believe there is a liquor store there.