Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sarafish81

Canadians @ Playa Pesquero

Recommended Posts

Thanks for posting all your pics Julie! Goodness, you sure have a lot wink.gif

 

Julie or Colleen, did you check out the gazebo as an option for your ceremony at all? I haven't seen a lot of pictures of it (only on facebook and it doesn't give a great idea). I'm wondering because our group is so small if it would be a better setting. As it stands, we are going to have more chairs than guests on the beach just so it looks like a proper aisle and I was wondering what you thought of the gazebo if you looked at it at all....

 

Only 35 days till we leave...bunny_4.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafish81 View Post
Thanks for posting all your pics Julie! Goodness, you sure have a lot wink.gif

Julie or Colleen, did you check out the gazebo as an option for your ceremony at all? I haven't seen a lot of pictures of it (only on facebook and it doesn't give a great idea). I'm wondering because our group is so small if it would be a better setting. As it stands, we are going to have more chairs than guests on the beach just so it looks like a proper aisle and I was wondering what you thought of the gazebo if you looked at it at all....

Only 35 days till we leave...bunny_4.gif
I personally didn't like the gazebo, it seemed kinda cheesy, painted cheesy, in my opinion. It was too small to hold out group, so it was not an option anyway, so I didn't give it much thought, I just went and looked at it. I personally felt like I went there to get married on the beach, so that is what I was doing. I do not think it would look silly with just a few people at the beach wedding and not all the chairs full.

Its totally up to you, AND, you don't have to decide till you get there, so go and check it out first and then decide. I know its hard to wait that long, but that is what I would do if I was unsure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieG View Post
I personally didn't like the gazebo, it seemed kinda cheesy, painted cheesy, in my opinion. It was too small to hold out group, so it was not an option anyway, so I didn't give it much thought, I just went and looked at it. I personally felt like I went there to get married on the beach, so that is what I was doing. I do not think it would look silly with just a few people at the beach wedding and not all the chairs full.

Its totally up to you, AND, you don't have to decide till you get there, so go and check it out first and then decide. I know its hard to wait that long, but that is what I would do if I was unsure.
I kind of feel the same way!! Why go all that way to get married on the beach to not get married on the beach, right? I suppose we could always ask a few gawkers in speedos to fill our seats if we really wanted to...LOL Thanks Julie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafish81 View Post
I kind of feel the same way!! Why go all that way to get married on the beach to not get married on the beach, right? I suppose we could always ask a few gawkers in speedos to fill our seats if we really wanted to...LOL Thanks Julie.
Actually, you think that is funny, but we had a guest be the person to deal with the beach gawkers. Just so that there was no speedo people in my pics, a family member asked all the people just standing around to sit down in one of our seats if they wanted to watch the wedding. It worked out perfectly, we have some people we don't know in the seats, but they didn't ruin any pictures :) So its not a bad idea at all.

Seriously though, no one will even notice that there are more seats than people, that is the way it is at all weddings. I say go for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night we got some bad news that flights have been cancelled for about half of our guests due to the recession. So my MOH and family out of Winnipeg and my FI's sisters and hubbies are all scrambling to find new flights with the dates we want!!

 

So basically, my MOH and her hubby and baby are having to shell out $800 for them to fly to Toronto and then on to Holguin on April 14-21 and my FI's sisters and hubbies now have to see if they can get on our flight out of Calgary and drive down from Edmonton (where they were initially flying from) and coordinate with their jobs to book extra time off as they were initially flying from April 15-22 and our Calgary flight is April 13-20. Needless to say, we were stressed out last night trying to get a hold of everyone to contact our travel agent to authorize the change. I feel so badly that my MOH now has this to deal with. And the tour operator says "too bad, we can't do anything but give you $100 the next time you book a package." --- Today is better because I think it's sorted but how frustrating! Especially since all the balance payments went through 2 weeks ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieG View Post
Actually, you think that is funny, but we had a guest be the person to deal with the beach gawkers. Just so that there was no speedo people in my pics, a family member asked all the people just standing around to sit down in one of our seats if they wanted to watch the wedding. It worked out perfectly, we have some people we don't know in the seats, but they didn't ruin any pictures :) So its not a bad idea at all.

Seriously though, no one will even notice that there are more seats than people, that is the way it is at all weddings. I say go for it.
You know what? I like this idea. I think I'd rather have butts in the seats than banana hammocks in the background LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sarah, that's really crappy. I'm glad you got it all sorted out. Just think of how great you'll feel once your on that plane on the way to your wedding. The stress will all melt away in the sun :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it's all been sorted, finally!! My Winnipeggers are flying to TO on the 13th to overnight it and then will be on their way to Cuba on the 14th. Our Edmonton peeps are coming to Calgary and then flying out with us on the 13th. I was kind of looking forward to having a few days before EVERYONE arrives (initially on the 15th), but, I think it will all work out ok! At least everyone got a new flight and actually everyone got a refund of $300-700 by switching dates/airports....I feel like I'm always doing celebratory drinking LOL

 

shots.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
    • Việc tìm kiếm một phòng khám bệnh trĩ uy tín sẽ giúp người bệnh giảm bớt được cơn ác mộng đối với căn bệnh này. Bài viết dưới đây sẽ cung cấp giúp các bạn một số những thông tin về phòng khám bệnh trĩ Thái Hà http://benhtrithaiha.com
    • Hi! This was Daytona beach.  
  • Topics

×