sarafish81

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok ladies!! We leave 2 weeks today and I hope we're ready! I just wanted to confirm that there is an iPod docking station (or whatever you call it) and speakers available for the ceremony/reception. We are downloading songs on to my iPod but may also back them up on to cds just to be safe.

I used CD's, I was not taking any chances that the Ipod stuff would not work, so I have no idea about the Ipod stuff, sorry.

I did want to mention, in case I had not in the past, that there are no clocks in the rooms, so if its important to you to know what time it is, I suggest you bring along a travel clock and tell your guests the same thing. Just an FYI :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafish81 View Post
Thanks Julie!! Connie actually mentioned that to me awhile back and I've been getting the word out to our guests. It is very strange, though! I usually like to know what time it is.
p.s. I love the latest pic of Ella! Such a sweetheart!
They will call you from the front desk, or you can call them, to find out what time it is or if you set something up, but it is really strange to never know what time it is. Especially since they want you to be on time for your dinner reservations, lol. But they will call you for that, if you set it up. I think its because you are on vacation, you are not supposed to need to know the time. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafish81 View Post
Ok ladies!! We leave 2 weeks today and I hope we're ready! I just wanted to confirm that there is an iPod docking station (or whatever you call it) and speakers available for the ceremony/reception. We are downloading songs on to my iPod but may also back them up on to cds just to be safe.
Sara: Found this in a previous post

1. Is there a DJ for the ceremony/reception? Do you get a chance to talk with them (either directly or through Yaly) regarding your music? My plan was to make a cd for the ceremony itself and perhaps a few songs for our reception (first dance, etc)
There is a dj for the reception. I didn't get to talk to the musicians about the ceremony but they did a great job and we had them bring speakers and put a friend of our in charge of playing the special songs on the ipod for when we started walking down the aisle. They have the connectors for the ipod.
We just used playlists and ipods for the reception but there was a dj there if we needed him.

Hi there,

I am getting married here in 3 weeks and was wondering if you could give me some information/feedback. What did you do after the wedding to take up time from the ceremony til the beach BBQ? My ceremony is set for 1pm and I could not get a later time and the reception BBQ is not until 7 pm.

Do you have any pictures you could share and/or information that would be helpful for me?

I am so anxious now that its only 3 weeks away.

Carol

Hi Carol,

I've attached a link to Connie (teacherbride)'s pro pics from Playa Pesquero this past January. Hope this gives you some ideas. The pictures have definitely inspired us and our photographer.

Congratulations! Maybe we'll see each other at the resort...I'll be the one in the wedding dress on the 18th LOL bunny_4.gif

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t36204

Hey ladies, glad to see you're finding my info. I was away for a bit with tons of school work and a little Vegas honeymoon trip.

We had our wedding at 2 and reception at 6:30. It was definitely not to much time. Some of our guests went and sat by the pool, went swimming, had a late lunch at the buffet.

The wedding party spent the entire time taking photos (we brought our own photographer). We had just enough time to run back to our room to make some hair changes and get freshened up for the reception. I think if you have even a little more time you'll be fine.

Just remember your guests have free time on vacation and can eat and drink for free, I doubt anyone will be complaining.smile29.gif

If you guys have more questions, I'm back! You're all getting so close to your weddings. Can't wait to hear about them and see all the pics!

Connie