Photo

Flights Released!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 sally

sally
  • 302 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 08:54 AM

I am so excited our TA has finally released the holidays for Feb 2010 and we have a quote that is better than we expected!!!!

My question is should I book the wedding through my TA or direct with the resort?

#2 Anna83

Anna83
    • 288 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 02:44 PM

I had my TA take care of everything. The resort did contact me via email after she booked our wedding, and then I just fowarded the emails to her. Having my TA book was one less thing for me to worry about!

#3 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
      • 813 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 02:48 PM

I also booked through my TA, especially the flights. If anything goes wrong, at least you have someone doing the fixing for you!!! No need to get even more stressed before or after your big day!

Plus, if your TA works with the resort a good deal and has some pull with them, at least in my case, I feel like I get really quick and detailed responses.

#4 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
        • 2,233 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:18 PM

You can book the wedding thru the resort itself but make sure you phone a TA and ask her to give you the group rate for the hotel and flight. I am a travel consultant here in Canada and I know that you only need 5 or more rooms booked at most hotels to qualify for a group rate. Group rate is alot cheaper than the rates in the brochure!
          July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#5 Marnie&Peter

Marnie&Peter
          • 302 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:05 PM

I would totally book thru a TA. So much less hassle!

#6 caporrone

caporrone
            • 109 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:30 PM

usually the resort will need one point person - if you don't use a TA you will have to collect the monies from your guest and send them in when the deposits are due - that could be a total hastle and expensive up front on your part - plus your TA can take credit cards from your guests for the vacation!
              definately use a TA
              good luck

#7 bride2010

bride2010
              • 424 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:41 PM

That's great to hear! I was told by 3 TA's that I would have to wait til April, March if I'm lucky, for 2010 prices. Happy planning!
                http://i817.photobuc....ogotest1-3.jpg
                26 Booked + Bride & Groom
                "Before the light I will rescue, and then we'll begin to start it all over again" ...pete murrayHappily married to my best friend...

#8 lgregorash

lgregorash
                • 44 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:58 PM

Wow, i have been waiting for months now for Pricing/flight info and now my Travel agent just emailed me saying she won't have any info until December? You are Lucky

#9 chicklet

chicklet
                  • 718 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:58 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by sally
                    I am so excited our TA has finally released the holidays for Feb 2010 and we have a quote that is better than we expected!!!!

My question is should I book the wedding through my TA or direct with the resort?
                    I would go through the TA. If you have questions or anything needs to be adjusted (aka there is a hurricane or something) you can fall back on them to help you through it. Stuff like that can be stressful.

#10 sally

sally
                    • 302 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 12:28 PM

Thanks for your help ladies I will use the TA for the flight and hotel reservations.
                      Some of the UK brides on here had problems when they used Thomsons / Portland to book the wedding as they were only able to book weddings on certain days and times........ you get more choice with the resort direct

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users