Jump to content

Photo

Post here if you are getting married in Las Vegas


  • Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#31 shan13

shan13
  • Jr. Member
  • 189 posts

    Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:30 AM

    FoxyBride, thank u so much!! I guess I can't worry about a reception until we actually do invites and see how many ppl are actually coming...but I am just trying to get some idea of a place..if we don't have a lot of ppl the in-suite idea sounds like a great way to go...

    I really would like to put my money into the pics & really nice OOT bags instead of the other stuff especially if we don't have a lot of ppl come.

    I want to use Lakeside Garden for my ceremony so I am looking for a site close to there and will possibly be staying at The Stratosphere unless u can recommend some other hotels on the strip that are in expensive but nice...


    Can u tell this is my 1st time to Vegas?.....lol!

    #32 FoxyBride

    FoxyBride
    • Member
    • 609 posts

      Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:42 AM

      IMHO, the Stratosphere sucks. Did you want to stay on that end of the strip? If not, I can offer some suggestions. Just let me know the dates you are looking at and what price you want to keep it under for those days. (Like 6/17-20, under $300, etc.).

      And FYI, when you tell people Vegas, EVERYONE is going to say they are coming. I would still cut that number in half. People's financial and personal situations change all the time and at first Vegas is going to sound wonderful to them, especially since you have so far to go, but don't bank on them all making it. Give your venues your minimums when asking for prices because they will always let you increase it later, but most won't let you decrease and you'll be stuck paying for things/food you don't need.

      #33 shan13

      shan13
      • Jr. Member
      • 189 posts

        Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:41 PM

        Foxy, the Stratosphere was recommended by someone. I have never been to Vegas so I have no idea about the strip or hotels..as far as hotel I want something nice up until the wedding night then maybe upgrade to a suite for the wedding night..

        The dates would be 6/15-6/22 and I would like to stay under $500 for the whole week as far as hotel.. (can be adjusted if need be).

        Our guest list is barely 50 ppl so I am really only looking for about 10 to go...really my honey is just worried about me & him ( hell he only invited his immediate family..ie sis,mom, dad & wife..lol....


        I really appreciate all your help!

        #34 FoxyBride

        FoxyBride
        • Member
        • 609 posts

          Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:00 PM

          That's 6 nights so to stay under $500, you'd have to go with places that will be around $80/night. That might be tough but you are still a whole year away and prices in Vegas change daily, if not hourly. I would just keep an eye on whatever hotel is your top choice. For something in that price range that's still nice, I'd look into the North Tower at Bally's, (The south tower sucks, it's still not renovated.), the Monte Carlo, Treasure Island, or the Mirage. Whatever rates they have now will definately change by next year. The good things about Vegas hotels though is that if you book at one rate and later see that the price has gone down, they will change to the new rate. Some, like The Orleans, also price match.

          #35 shan13

          shan13
          • Jr. Member
          • 189 posts

            Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:29 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by FoxyBride
            That's 6 nights so to stay under $500, you'd have to go with places that will be around $80/night. That might be tough but you are still a whole year away and prices in Vegas change daily, if not hourly. I would just keep an eye on whatever hotel is your top choice. For something in that price range that's still nice, I'd look into the North Tower at Bally's, (The south tower sucks, it's still not renovated.), the Monte Carlo, Treasure Island, or the Mirage. Whatever rates they have now will definately change by next year. The good things about Vegas hotels though is that if you book at one rate and later see that the price has gone down, they will change to the new rate. Some, like The Orleans, also price match.
            So basically I need to look at all the hotels on the strip right?..fiance has been but it's been about 10yrs so it will be new to him again too..we are willing to go up on price cause HIS hotel standards are worse than mine..lol..I am willing to go up in price a lil bit...

            #36 FoxyBride

            FoxyBride
            • Member
            • 609 posts

              Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:51 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by shan13
              So basically I need to look at all the hotels on the strip right?..fiance has been but it's been about 10yrs so it will be new to him again too..we are willing to go up on price cause HIS hotel standards are worse than mine..lol..I am willing to go up in price a lil bit...
              Unless you are purposely wanting to stay away from the Strip (too much action, noise, etc.) then you definitely want to stay on it, especially if it's your first time out. You won't get the whole experience without it. The recession has hit Vegas really hard so hotels are still willing to make some deals, plus by June it's hit 100+ for consecutive days so it's not everyone's favorite time to visit.

              #37 Gribbles

              Gribbles
              • Newbie
              • 3 posts

                Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:51 PM

                I am getting married in Las Vegas too! We are a couple living in the UK so I am looking forward to the joys of long-distance planning!

                We have a scouting trip planned at the end of June - we have 1 full day in Vegas so it will be very swift... we have an appointment to see the wedding coordinator at the Wynn (Primrose Courtyard is top of our list! We just want to see it in the flesh!)

                Planning to get married early 2011.

                #38 shan13

                shan13
                • Jr. Member
                • 189 posts

                  Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:43 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Gribbles
                  I am getting married in Las Vegas too! We are a couple living in the UK so I am looking forward to the joys of long-distance planning!

                  We have a scouting trip planned at the end of June - we have 1 full day in Vegas so it will be very swift... we have an appointment to see the wedding coordinator at the Wynn (Primrose Courtyard is top of our list! We just want to see it in the flesh!)

                  Planning to get married early 2011.
                  congrats and have fun planning! This will be my first time going to Vegas as well!

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MrsFoxyC
                  Ladies, I'm thinking about MGM Grand or Mandalay Bay. The kicker is that neither one of us has been to Vegas. But the pics are lovely. We were thinking or I should say I was thinking that we should have the ceremony early afternoon, have a cocktail reception and let everyone go their way. But now that I read FoxyBride's idea, I like it. Maybe a club/party later on, or maybe we'll just take the family to dinner. I don't know, as you can tell, I'm still in the planning stages.

                  Yep she did have wonderful ideas! Once I know how many ppl are going it will decide if we do a in suite reception or big one...our chapel does offer reception ideas though...

                  only thing is my chapel is beautiful just won't allow outside photogs...uuuggghhh

                  #39 shan13

                  shan13
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 189 posts

                    Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:56 AM

                    I love this chapel...and the WC said I could have it candlelit just like in the pic..this is their Wedding Garden chapel...I opted not to have the outdoor sunset ceremony due to the heat...might not be able to do the candles down the aisle if train is too wide though...

                    http://www.702weddin....ing-garden.jpg

                    #40 myturn

                    myturn
                    • Newbie
                    • 25 posts

                      Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:04 PM

                      Hi Ladies,

                      Its been a really long time since I have been on here!! I thought I would just give an update on how things are going for me! I have almost everything booked. We are having an afternoon ceremony at Caesars in the Venus gardens, then going for photos along the strip, then our reception is at Maggianos in Fashion Show Mall. So far we have 56 people going down to Vegas with us. We are waiting to hear from 2 more people. I have my dress going in for alterations in two weeks and I just need to send pics to our wedding coordinator so she can get a bouquet made for me. I got my bridesmaids fake bouquets because Caesars was way too pricey for what I wanted.
                      There is less then 3 months till our wedding and I am beyond excited!!! I can't wait to get back to Vegas again!!

                      Hope the planning is going really well for everyone else!!!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users