Jump to content

Photo

Post here if you are getting married in Las Vegas


  • Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#91 OceanWonderland

OceanWonderland
  • Jr. Member
  • 177 posts

    Posted 26 November 2009 - 01:43 PM

    Craftsteak is NO McDonald's!! Girrrrlllll... Craftsteak if owned by Tom Collichio, the main judge on Top Chef. It's probably one of the best restaurants in Vegas (for steak). Great choice!! They will LOVE their steak there and have many options. Some of the best chefs in America have set up restaurants in various hotel casinos, the concierge/front desk can suggest many fine dining establishments if you want more after being spoiled by Craftsteak. Off the top of my head, there's Bouchon at the Venetian owned by Thomas Keller Bouchon at The Venetian Restaurant and I've been dying to go to one of his restaurants, specifically the French Laundry in Napa Valley. I live less than 2 hours away but have yet ventured there...of course, there's a 6 month waiting list and it's about $300 per person to eat there...but imagine! Bouchon is more reasonably priced though, so don't worry. There's also the Burger Bar at Mandalay Bay where they have this gem of a burger:
    Rossini $60.00
    Kobe beef, saut©ed foie gras, shaved truffles, Madeira sauce, on onion bun
    Named after a XIX th century Italian composer whose love for fine food was legendary.
    The preparation always includes foie gras, truffles and a rich brown sauce, in this case, Madeira.

    Isn't it funny how we all want destination weddings? I love vegas, but since I grew up there, I don't want to get married there. Instead, I'm going to Mexico :) I wonder what it is that makes us desire to go somewhere exotic for our wedding? Oh, but I will be having my bachelorette party there, woot woot!
    Leslie and Aaron ~ Dreams Tulum ~ November 15, 2010
    Our wedding slideshow from the amazing William Sanchez: http://www.williamsa...aron/slideshow/
    And our TTD session (William Sanchez and Ivan Luckie): http://www.williamsa...slie aaron/ttd/

    #92 liltanya410

    liltanya410
    • Newbie
    • 2 posts

      Posted 30 November 2009 - 07:13 PM

      Hello Everyone...
      I am getting married on 4/10/2010 at the Cresendo Pool at the Flamingo. We have decided to book a section of the buffet for the reception and then the Fire Side Lounge for drinks after.
      Does anyone have photos from their Flamingo Wedding? I visited the grounds, but am very curious to see what it looks like all set up!
      Viva Las Vegas!!

      #93 laura29nellie

      laura29nellie
      • Newbie
      • 3 posts

        Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:05 AM

        Hi everyone,
        I'm getting married in the Wynn July 2010. There will probably be about 20 of us. Does anyone have any reception ideas or any ideas of what to do after the 3pm ceremony? I don't want a reception thats too flashy but then don't want tacky either! Thanks

        #94 weddingchick

        weddingchick
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,052 posts

          Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:40 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by laura29nellie
          Hi everyone,
          I'm getting married in the Wynn July 2010. There will probably be about 20 of us. Does anyone have any reception ideas or any ideas of what to do after the 3pm ceremony? I don't want a reception thats too flashy but then don't want tacky either! Thanks
          try a private room at maggiano's for an early dinner reception. the food is great and they get great reviews for wedding receptions.

          #95 weddingchick

          weddingchick
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,052 posts

            Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:55 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by liltanya410
            Hello Everyone...
            I am getting married on 4/10/2010 at the Cresendo Pool at the Flamingo. We have decided to book a section of the buffet for the reception and then the Fire Side Lounge for drinks after.
            Does anyone have photos from their Flamingo Wedding? I visited the grounds, but am very curious to see what it looks like all set up!
            Viva Las Vegas!!
            ok I was searching for pic for you but I keep coming up pic of the gazebo next to the pool or the waterfall area. PM with more info and I'll help find a pic for ya.

            #96 laura29nellie

            laura29nellie
            • Newbie
            • 3 posts

              Posted 12 December 2009 - 06:48 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by weddingchick
              try a private room at maggiano's for an early dinner reception. the food is great and they get great reviews for wedding receptions.
              Thanks for that. Thats on my list. I am also considering the Wynn buffet, apparently they have a private room we can hire and then just have the normal buffet.

              #97 Shay

              Shay
              • Newbie
              • 33 posts

                Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:47 AM

                I am getting married in the Glass Garden at Chapel of the Flowers in 2011. Date was Oct 9, 2010 but decided to move it back a year. We're expecting about 30 guests. Everything is basically planned just not sure about the reception. I want it to be at whatever hotel we stay at. Was thinking the Flamingo, maybe the buffet? Any suggestions?

                #98 vdaybride

                vdaybride
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,412 posts

                  Posted 21 December 2009 - 05:08 AM

                  We just had our civil ceremony there 12-19-2009> looking forward to our symbolic ceremony on Valentines Day 2010 n cabo!!
                  Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

                   


                  #99 winslow

                  winslow
                  • Newbie
                  • 5 posts

                    Posted 27 December 2009 - 01:07 PM

                    We were originally going to get married in jamaica but do to cost etc for our guests we've changed it to Las Vegas. We haven't booked anything yet but we chose our date of April 23, 2011

                    #100 weddingchick

                    weddingchick
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,052 posts

                      Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:01 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by winslow
                      We were originally going to get married in jamaica but do to cost etc for our guests we've changed it to Las Vegas. We haven't booked anything yet but we chose our date of April 23, 2011
                      Congratulations! Good luck with your planning!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users