Post here if you are getting married in Las Vegas

I'm getting married in the Valley of Fire in September - want to know if anyone has used or heard from anyone about using 702weddings to book their wedding - they only have testimonials on their page about their chapel, not the outdoor weddings. any reviews would be really helpful, I'm thinking of using them because their photography looks better than others. thanks!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieGal View Post
I'm getting married in the Valley of Fire in September - want to know if anyone has used or heard from anyone about using 702weddings to book their wedding - they only have testimonials on their page about their chapel, not the outdoor weddings. any reviews would be really helpful, I'm thinking of using them because their photography looks better than others. thanks!
I don't know what company they used, but PM starchild a very good friend of hers got married in the valley of fire and it was beautiful. They had a great time.

I was engaged there and just to warn you its almost always windy there, but its absolutely stunning!

Hello All:

We are also getting married in Vegas on September 9, 2009. We are expecting around 40 guests (33 have already booked). I thought planning a Vegas wedding would be a breeze, but it was a harder than I thought. Mainly, because we needed to know the number of guest in order to properly book a venue. We didn't want to pay for guest we weren't expecting. A lot of places who do package weddings have a minimum and you pay the same price whether you have that number of guest or not. So, I sent out a save the date and told everyone that they needed to tell me by tomorrow. We will now work on sending invites. I feel a huge burden has been lifted, now I can properly plan!

Good luck to all my fellow Vegas Brides....

• 1 month later...

I'm getting married in June in Las Vegas. We will be having a small ceremony in one of the suites in MGM. Almost everything is booked and paid for. Very, very excited but a little worried that not everything will be set up as I had planned.

• 1 month later...

welcome to our newest Vegas brides. Sorry I haven't been checking this area a lot lately. please PM me if you ever need help or have any issues. I promise to check back a little more often.

I should put a little update since I actually have some things booked since the last time I posted! We are having are ceremony at the West Lawn at the Flamingo. We are then going to be at rumjungle at Mandalay Bay in a private space for a hor'devours & cocktails reception. We will then head to the Panorama Suite at Planet Hollywood for the after party. If you have questions about my venues, I'd be happy to share my experiences!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyBride View Post
I should put a little update since I actually have some things booked since the last time I posted! We are having are ceremony at the West Lawn at the Flamingo. We are then going to be at rumjungle at Mandalay Bay in a private space for a hor'devours & cocktails reception. We will then head to the Panorama Suite at Planet Hollywood for the after party. If you have questions about my venues, I'd be happy to share my experiences!

Congrats on getting things done! How did u plan for your reception & afterparty...I don't really wanna feel obligated to do a reception (cost) but I would like to do something after the ceremony w/my guests..any help is appreciated. TIA

oh I love your ticker..hope u don't mind if I borrow it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan13 View Post
Congrats on getting things done! How did u plan for your reception & afterparty...I don't really wanna feel obligated to do a reception (cost) but I would like to do something after the ceremony w/my guests..any help is appreciated. TIA

oh I love your ticker..hope u don't mind if I borrow it...
I'm a total cheapskate BUT me & FI are kind of known to do it up on the party side since he owns a nightclub so we didn't want to go broke but we definitely wanted to have a good time. I got the idea from The Knot to have a reception in a hotel suite since a lot of times you can bring in your own food so that cuts down on catering costs. However, we are having a lot of guests and they wouldn't all be as comfortable as I'd like them to in the Panorama suite. We were going to use the Apex suite at PH instead but they won't let you do just Saturday night and 2 nights is way over budget, so we stuck with one and decided to look for a place that would work with us on doing something with just hor'devours and drinks in between. I didn't want to some hotel ballroom because you can do that anywhere and it costs a ton to decorate. I basically emailed every club, bar, lounge I could think of in and around the strip and told them I wanted to keep it under $1500 for drinks & enough hor'devours for 2 hours and Katie at Mandalay Bay was the most accommodating. She isn't charging us a fee for the room and she is letting us pay for drinks on consumption. We are hoping people will wait until the after party to get really trashed so we don't think that will cost too much more. Our only compromise is that rumjungle doesn't have a private room, we will just have an area so we can't do our own music. She was going to let us use a private room at China Grill in MB instead but I like the atmosphere at rumjungle better so we went with that.

For the after party we will probably just grab drinks from Lee's Liquor (local spot) or Costco and do some party trays from Jason's Deli. There's a couple of hours in between the reception and after party so I figure if people are "starving" or something still, they'll just go grab something. Let me know if you have any other questions about it. I have months of research under my belt!

I actually made this ticker myself but I've seen tons of people using it around The Knot! It's so funny! I do a little graphic design work on the side though so I don't mind it. It's more a compliment. :)