Playa Fiesta Post-Renovation Picture!!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Now you've done it! Here are my first round of questions.....

1. Has anyone figured out if you can have a wedding there but not do a partial buyout?

2. If people aren't staying there, how much for them to come over and hang out at the pool?

3. We don't have children, but several of our guests do. (Think 5 children under the age of 5.) Is there anything for them to do there? Does PF have babysitting services?

4. Is there an AI nearby for those who feel they have to have one?

5. How do you really feel about the rocky beach? I know the rocks are gone now, but my main reason for choosing Mexico is a great beach amd I'm afraid they'll come back.

6. Has anyone done a tasting? Good food is very important to me.

Whew, I think that's it! For now. :)

I'll do my best Debbie, but Kate and Melissa can fill in the missing details!! And you'll want to email most of these questions to Adam and Lindsay, who will be able to answer for sure and are super quick on email responses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie421 View Post
Now you've done it! Here are my first round of questions.....

1. Has anyone figured out if you can have a wedding there but not do a partial buyout?

I think there is something where you can stay elsewhere and do a Sunday or Monday wedding at PF, but if you want your group to stay there, I'm pretty sure you need to do a partial or full buyout.

2. If people aren't staying there, how much for them to come over and hang out at the pool?

You'll have to ask Lindsay for this - she did up an off-site guest quote for me after we'd chosen our dinner and entertainment package

3. We don't have children, but several of our guests do. (Think 5 children under the age of 5.) Is there anything for them to do there? Does PF have babysitting services?

No, no babysitting service - just the regular PF stuff for kids

4. Is there an AI nearby for those who feel they have to have one?

I think the most common AI close by is Dreams

5. How do you really feel about the rocky beach? I know the rocks are gone now, but my main reason for choosing Mexico is a great beach amd I'm afraid they'll come back.

There are three sandy beaches within about 10 minutes, so this doesn't really bother me. It would be nice if the rocks stay away though!!

6. Has anyone done a tasting? Good food is very important to me.

Nope, I haven't done a tasting. However, I've spoken to two other PF brides who both raved about the food, especially the buffets. I think if you do a site visit, you can do a tasting.

Whew, I think that's it! For now. :)

Good luck!!!

Hi Debbie,

I think Kate did a good job answering your question. I did hear that the food is amazing there! Lindsay makes the wedding planning a breeze- and I have heard that the whole wedding week is an "amazing experience" and a once in a life time thing. I know some of my guests were fighting me on it- bc it is not a big AI chain with tons of amenities. This was stressful for me, but I know that PF will deliver and exceed their expectations.

My suggestion is take the time to feel your guests out.

I would offer to meet you for coffee, but I am working in North Carolina right now until next friday. I know how overwhelming this part is!

Hi Debbie,

I agree with everything Kate and Kate said. The best way to get answers about PF is to email Adam directly. He will send you a wedding workbook that will have pages and pages of plans, price lists, etc. I think an offsite guest should expect to pay between $25-40 for all-inclusive for drinking. There are additional charges for food.

Beach: The lack of beach doesn't bother me at all. Most of my guests live near the beach, so they won't miss actually laying in the sand. The pool deck will be perfect!

Planning: I'm sure you have read stressful stories on BDW about girls not being able to get a hold of their WC's for weeks at a time. My experience with PF has been the exact opposite! I don't think Lindsay has ever taken more than 5 minutes to repsond to an email. She is warm, fun, and totally on top of her game. I also suggest checking out Trip Advisor reviews to get a good feel for PF.

Good Luck! Picking a resort is definitely the hardest part of the process. I promise everything will be easier once that is accomplished.

Just to let you all know Playa Fiesta has a sandy beach right now. They don't know how long it is going to last or if it will but its there for those of you getting married in the near future. We did a site visit end of Oct. It as absolutely amazing! Better than I expected!!!!!