Photo

Trash the Dress question

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 Sloan

Sloan
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 01:56 PM

I was under the impression that TTD meant that you wear your wedding dress, not buy another one to wreck. Kind of defeats the purpose, but people are entitled to do what they want. Im not having an AHR and even if I was I'm going swimming in my dress and dont really care if it comes out clean or not. I dont really have any reason or occasion to put it on again - unless I wear it at Halloween.

#12 adias.angel

adias.angel
    • 719 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:50 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Soon2beWed09
      Ok Im new to the site...what is trash the dress? What is AHR? I'm so lost...Does that cermony take part at all destination weddings?
      The goal of a TTD is to have some amazing images in a relaxed atmosphere. Trash the dress is NOT always actually trashing the dress, sometimes it means just get it wet. I saw it on one of Del Sol's videos where they retitled it wash the dress. Most dresses can actually get wet and nothing will happen to them.

Here look at these from Del Sol:
      del Sol Photography - Movie - Trash The Dress
      Sol Tamargo Photography Wedding Photojournalism
      del Sol Photography associate photographer Vincent
      del Sol Photography associate photographer Vincent

An AHR is a at home reception.

And what ceremony are you referring to? Carla

#13 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 02:53 PM

I bought a second dress off eBay for $90 which I wore for my TTD. I wanted to wear my actual dress at our AHR - so I got a second dress.

Now, I'm having the top part of my real wedding dress make in to a bustier that I can wear again and the bottom part will be made into a christening gown when we have children.

#14 petunia

petunia
        • 113 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 03:01 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by foxytv
          the bottom part will be made into a christening gown when we have children.
          That is one of the most wonderful things I've ever heard.

#15 trophywife

trophywife
          • 169 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 09:25 AM

Most likely going to just wear my dress because A: I'm not the type to spend thousands on my dress anyways, and B: like another poster mentioned it's probably going to just sit in the attic anyways!!

#16 Lucky_Girl

Lucky_Girl
            • 24 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:05 PM

My plan is to wear a more "formal" dress for the ceremony and the pictures, then possibly change into another dress for the evening (I haven't bought anything yet, but I tend to like bigger dresses for the reception and I'm planning a boat trip in the evening, so I'm pretty sure a big fancy dress would not lend itself to that)

I would trash the evening dress the next day at the resort and wear the more formal dress to the AHR.

I'm thinking this is a win win situation. I get to pick 2 dresses, trash one, and keep one in perfect condition to wear again!

#17 leahstafford

leahstafford
              • 713 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 10:06 PM

A lot of people buy a second dress to use. Jcrew has some good options and davids bridal also have the $99 sale every now and then. I've had brides buy dresses off ebay and Craigslist as well. I trashed my original wedding dress, got it dry cleaned and had no problems after swimming in the ocean with it though!

#18 tvt

tvt
                • VIP Member
                • 4,812 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 01:10 AM

i "trashed" THE dress. It was fun. My dress did not get damaged at all. And I laid on cobblestone streets, wood benches, stone sidewalks, rolled around in the sand, sat on an ice cream parlor floor, etc.

i even trashed THE dress after i figured out it would probably end up see through when it got wet (silk, and it did become see through) but for me, I wanted to trash my actual wedding dress. hey another chance to wear it again!

i don't regret one single second of the TTD. Some of my favorite pictures are from our TTD

#19 ChristineFarah

ChristineFarah
                  • 30 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:39 PM

It all depends on how comfortable you are with the idea of getting your dress dirty. I can tell you that even if you take it into the water it will be totally fine after a cleaning. But if you feel hesitant I suggest getting a stunt-dress *lol* for the shoot, because if you feel uncomfortable or worried it will come through in your photos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users