Trash the Dress question

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:11 AM

Hey Erin,

I actually found a dress on Craigslist super cheap just for it. I am having a reception 2 months after we get back and I was worried about something happening to it .. check out my planning thread to see my TTD dress..

#2 KatyKo

KatyKo
    • 851 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:18 AM

I actually bought a dress at a thrift shop to use, but I have now decided (for now) that I will use my actual dress for the session.

Becks had the same dress as me and hers cleaned up nicely after being in the ocean. I also plan to wear that dress to my AHR.

Good luck

#3 Jen_S

Jen_S
      • 3,737 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:40 AM

I am going to wear my actual dress. I hear it comes out pretty clean after going in the ocean.
        Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#4 Ayita

Ayita
        • 861 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:57 AM

I am going to wear my actual dress. It will be sitting in the attic and never be re-used after that anyway !

#5 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 4,853 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:26 PM

I bought a $40.00 off craigslist. I wanted a second dress because my real dress was really tight fitting. My second dress let me move around a lot more.
            Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#6 adias.angel

adias.angel
            • 719 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:57 PM

I am using my wedding dress. The water make it come out cleaner than when you put it on. Carla

#7 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
              • 2,777 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:08 PM

I'm wearing my actual dress. In my opinion its trash THE dress, I personally don't see a real reason to do it, if I'm not going to actually wear the dress. Plus like the girls have said they seem to come out pretty clean, and if you get it cleaned right away, its fine. I'm not wearing mine for my AHR, but if I did and it had a spot it would be kind of fun to tell everyone I got it from a TTD shoot.

#8 EricaG

EricaG
                • 1,915 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:49 PM

I was back and forth about wearing my dress for the TTD, but ultimately decided to have a second dress. The reason is that I am wearing my dress for the SHR and my dress has colour in it. I am not sure what will happen with the colour and if it will run or what. Since there are a lot of people that will be at the AHR that can't make it to the DH, I want my wedding dress to look great, so they can also see me in my dress. My Mom is making my TTD dress but you can get cheap dresses other places. A lot of the bridal shops will be having sales soon to get rid of the old stock before getting in the new stock for the year.
                  http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
                  My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
                  http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#9 DLyteful

DLyteful
                  • 879 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:08 PM

I wore THE dress (and it was not cheap). It didnt get trashed and cleaned up very nice. I figured I wanted to get as much use out of it as possible. Plus I wanted to say to my children, yes I did THAT to my wedding dress.

#10 Soon2beWed09

Soon2beWed09
                    • 319 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:11 AM

Ok Im new to the site...what is trash the dress? What is AHR? I'm so lost...Does that cermony take part at all destination weddings?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users