Sign in to follow this  
2bebridejamaica

Trash the Dress question

Hey Erin,

I actually found a dress on Craigslist super cheap just for it. I am having a reception 2 months after we get back and I was worried about something happening to it .. check out my planning thread to see my TTD dress..

I actually bought a dress at a thrift shop to use, but I have now decided (for now) that I will use my actual dress for the session.

Becks had the same dress as me and hers cleaned up nicely after being in the ocean. I also plan to wear that dress to my AHR.

Good luck wink.gif

I bought a $40.00 off craigslist. I wanted a second dress because my real dress was really tight fitting. My second dress let me move around a lot more.

I'm wearing my actual dress. In my opinion its trash THE dress, I personally don't see a real reason to do it, if I'm not going to actually wear the dress. Plus like the girls have said they seem to come out pretty clean, and if you get it cleaned right away, its fine. I'm not wearing mine for my AHR, but if I did and it had a spot it would be kind of fun to tell everyone I got it from a TTD shoot.

I was back and forth about wearing my dress for the TTD, but ultimately decided to have a second dress. The reason is that I am wearing my dress for the SHR and my dress has colour in it. I am not sure what will happen with the colour and if it will run or what. Since there are a lot of people that will be at the AHR that can't make it to the DH, I want my wedding dress to look great, so they can also see me in my dress. My Mom is making my TTD dress but you can get cheap dresses other places. A lot of the bridal shops will be having sales soon to get rid of the old stock before getting in the new stock for the year.

I wore THE dress (and it was not cheap). It didnt get trashed and cleaned up very nice. I figured I wanted to get as much use out of it as possible. Plus I wanted to say to my children, yes I did THAT to my wedding dress.