Photo

And the seamstress war continues......

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 syl1115

syl1115
  • 789 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:15 PM

A while back some of you may remember the fiasco with my wedding dress and the seamstress that ruined it.

Click the image to open in full size.

I cannot believe the bitch lied like she did! I think I have been more than fair with her and I certainly did not harrass her! I don't know how to address this and I am looking to you ladies for some advice. Do I call her? Do I go see her? Do I respond to her answer? Do I take her to Small claims court?
    Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#2 Angel

Angel
    • 2,635 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:30 PM

Wow, unbelievable!!! I wouldn't even respond to that. You did everything that you were suppose to do as far as calling and giving her time to repay you.
      The next option would be is court. Do what you have to do but I personally wouldn't deal with her again. No telling what she would say or do next.

#3 DLyteful

DLyteful
      • 879 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:39 PM

I believe you can respond to the BBB, with a rebuttle. Also, you may want to file a complaint with the state consumer protection division. In Michigan its the MI Attorney Generals office. After that than the next step would be small claims. I can tell you that the BBB is ONLY going to foward your concern to the buisness, wait for their reply and then foward that to you (I know from LOTS of experience). But if you place a rebuttle, maybe that will scare her into doing the right thing..... I"m so sorry you are still going thru this.

#4 KarmaB

KarmaB
        • 796 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:46 PM

I totally agree with Angel. I think you have a very good case, especially since she can not prove she paid you any of the money for the dresses (for example: receipt you signed). Also, the fact that she goes into emotions and her hard times in her rebuttal is very unprofessional and shows that she is trying to make excuses. Just go to small claims. It looks like you have a solid case.

#5 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
          • 1,206 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:04 AM

OH BOY!!! This is a doozie... why oh why do we do this to ourselves... we have your dress issues, my flowers issues... Seriously, they just need to shut up and deal with what they did and how crappy it all was... give you your money back and stop with the BLAH BLAH BLAH hardship story. My paperwork through the BBB is in and waiting on that along with the stuff from the Consumer agency... I won't have any idea till after we get back from the wedding whats going on.. She is just lame Slyvia...

#6 Amarillis

Amarillis
            • 1,913 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:28 AM

Wholy moley... if she admits that the work was shoddy, she needs to come good for it.

PS> that is fantastic grammar in the handwritten letter.

#7 syl1115

syl1115
              • 789 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:33 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by 2bebridejamaica
                OH BOY!!! This is a doozie... why oh why do we do this to ourselves... we have your dress issues, my flowers issues... Seriously, they just need to shut up and deal with what they did and how crappy it all was... give you your money back and stop with the BLAH BLAH BLAH hardship story. My paperwork through the BBB is in and waiting on that along with the stuff from the Consumer agency... I won't have any idea till after we get back from the wedding whats going on.. She is just lame Slyvia...
                I know. I was just reading the last post on your issue. What is wrong with people? You try to treat them with some respect and they screw you. At least you have a lot in writing. Mine is just my word against hers. I do have the shitty dresses!
                Sylvia

#8 syl1115

syl1115
                • 789 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:34 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Amarillis
                  Wholy moley... if she admits that the work was shoddy, she needs to come good for it.

PS> that is fantastic grammar in the handwritten letter.
                  LOL, I thought so too, but I didn't want to kick her when she was down! See, there I go again trying to be nice to her.
                  Sylvia

#9 heather007

heather007
                  • 620 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:11 AM

I would just take it to small claims court. You have the dresses still, so you have proof of her shitty workmanship. Next, you have her poorly written letter [shame on her- I wanted to take out my red pen and mark that sloppiness] about how she said that she will pay you. Her going into emotional crap does not mean that she is off the hook for not paying you. It's an excuse. She owes you the money. Call you phone company, ask for your phone records [to show how many times you "actually" called her]. It's a shut/closed case and the judge will laugh it out of court and side with you. If she doesn't have the money, the Justice will just garnish her wages.

~~

#10 BachataBride

BachataBride
                    • Banned
                    • 9,310 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:32 AM

I would not deal directly with her anymore. I would seek legal advice as to how to handle this.

PS...gotta love the handwritten response. WOW. So unprofessional.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users