HELP! 2 Dresses and Can't Decide

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 DB2B

• 71 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 11:32 PM

Oooh! They're both gorgeous! I agree with JulieG - it would be easier if we could see picture of you in them. The other question is which fits your ideal wedding scenario better? #1 looks more formal since it has more structure, and #2 definitely says beach because it's flowy - I think either one will knock him dead!

#12 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 01:26 AM

okay..... I'm going to say #1 for now. It really depends on what they look like on you. Have you tried them on yet? Do you have pictures of yourself in the dress? I'm choosing the first dress, because this dress is flattering on any size and shape, and is very slimming. The second (galina) on the other hand is very different. If you have breasts bigger than a B cup and you're very comfortable w/ showing them off, then you may like this dress. I'm a 36D, and it's a horrible dress for bigger boobs! I'll post a pic here for you to see. Now, I just had my baby 3 weeks earlier, so I was a bit heavier than usual. To get an idea, I am 5'1" and at this time I was 154lbs.... and 36D boobs:

Click the image to open in full size.

Just something to think about. Let us know what you decide!!!

#13 uspoiledme

• 167 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 01:41 AM

I'm a size 6 but the design of the Galina makes me appear to be at least a full size bigger. The dress is gorgeous but would look best on a small frame. It wasn't very flattering on me because I'm very curvy.

#14 Elizabeth

• 100 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 01:43 AM

Both beautiful. #1 would probably be more flattering for more body types. I do love them both!!!

#15 rachelannmartin

• 192 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:16 AM

Thank you so much ladies. I have tried them both on but didn't snap any pics. I'm a size 2 (33-24-35).....so either one looks good but I'm just soooooo torn because they are SO different from eachother. Taffeta vs Chiffon, Structured vs. Relaxed, Halter vs. Strapless. And with less than 4 months I need to get my butt in gear in order to allow delivery time AAAAHHH!

#16 kevsgirl

• 1,209 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:43 AM

Well, I was going to say the same thing - 1st if you want to look curvy, 2nd if you want to look flowy, depending on your body. Sounds like you are quite small... so you don't have to wrry about tummy showing. :P :)

So I guess then it depends on the overall feel of your wedding. Do you have your colours and all your stuff picked out? Maybe that will help you decide. Because the dress can really set the tone.

#17 lgarner83

• 530 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 11:08 AM

A friend of mine wore the Galina for her wedding in Sept and it was GORGEOUS!! Very light weight and stunning! I would go with that one but either one you choose will be beautiful :)

#18 niels408

• 327 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:39 PM

I love #1, love that shape in wedding dresses, so flattering!

#19 BachataBride

• Banned
                  • 9,310 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:42 PM

I like the Galina as well. But again...boobs plays a factor! I have a low cut dress, but I have the boobs for it!!!
                    Definitely try on both though! You never know what something really looks like until you try it on!

#20 Firebug

• 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:53 AM

I would honestly just take them both with you.........and decide that morning. Your gut will tell you which one to wear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users