Photo

1st Fitting...Estimate...$625 - $775!!!! Yikes!

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#51 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 02:20 PM

Yeah, I know Tammy. ....we can share our estimates tomorrow or Wednesday and compare notes!!
    My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
    Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#52 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 02:47 PM

My alterations are only $120 to take in the top, add cups, hem the bottom, and bustle it. I was sooo excited when I got the estimate. The lady has great references too...We'll see!

#53 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 02:49 PM

Sarah I love your new avatar.. BUT,, can you brighten it a little bit so we can see his cute face better. ;-)

#54 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
        • 1,876 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:17 PM

Maybe I should move to Michigan for affordable and great alterations! Sarah~ I like your new avatar too.....Is your pup a jack russell?
          My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
          Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#55 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:41 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by CABOBRIDE200
            Maybe I should move to Michigan for affordable and great alterations! Sarah~ I like your new avatar too.....Is your pup a jack russell?
            Yes, he is- he's a cutie:)

#56 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
            • 1,876 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:43 PM

He is a cutie! I have a Jack Russell too and she is quite a wild handful!
              My new man....Donovan

#57 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
              • 1,876 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 05:25 PM

Just returned from my fitting with a different seamstress. The quote was only $220 for a hem, bustle, shortened straps and taking the gown in on the sides. I'm so relieved and excited!! $220 is sooooo much better than $625 - $775. ~ Just thought I'd share.....

Tammy ~ I'm looking forward to hearing how your goes today!
                My new man....Donovan

#58 BayBug

BayBug
                • 852 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 05:38 PM

Jessalyn, I am so happy that you found a place that can fix your dress. That other quote was outrageous. I do hope they do a great job!
                  Angie

#59 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                  • 4,979 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 05:47 PM

Yay Jess, it's always good to save $400!! Phew, what a relief, hey?
                    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#60 NHPT

NHPT
                    • 3,848 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 05:51 PM

jessalyn- what a relief for you! i am going to go in the next week or two and hopefully mine will be low- all this talk makes me realize how many wedings we have coming up in may and june- its going to be crazy!
                      Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users